New NFFC Slow Drafts Coming In May

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 am

One of the things we've learned during this baseball season is that owners are willing to jump in early for Slow Draft pay leagues as long as 1) They are set up as Draft Champions Leagues during the season; and 2) They are deep leagues that provide a lot of information before Draft Day; and 3) They are Slow Drafts with a 12-hour limit per pick.

So with that in mind, this year the NFFC is going to run a lot of $125 Slow Draft Leagues set up as Draft Champions Leagues. And we are going to go deep, real deep for these Slow Draft Leagues. We go 26 rounds in the live events, but for these we could go 36 rounds and maybe even 40 rounds. They would be great learning drafts for those preparing for Draft Day and allow everyone to get their money's worth. Few players would go left undrafted.

We could do Pay Top 3 leagues at $125 and $250 and in baseball we provided $325 leagues that paid the top three finishers a free entry into next year's main event. With one less team in the NFFC, we could do a similar format at $350 and reward the top three teams with a free entry. Since these leagues are drafting so early, some owners liked that format better.

Anyway, we'll discuss these more as we approach the season, but I'd like to wait until the rookies have been drafted and then unveil this new Slow Draft League concept. I think it will be a lot of fun and a great prep tool for 2009. Stay tuned and get ready because football season isn't all that far away.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 am

Any consideration for real FF...Auction Sat. Drafts?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Mike, speaking from experience...I know for sure that the auction satellites won't be very popular. Fantasyauctioneer.com has had many many glitches...Some may say it's people's computers or browsers that are causing the problems...But in any case, there have been many problems before and during the auction satellites.

I know I LOVE the auctions, and my plans as of now, is to do nothing BUT auctions in 2009...So I'm sure there will be an online auction or 2 in the NFFC this summer, but one or more of us will have to fascilitate it, and the ENTIRE league will have to agree that they may have to wait through any problem that may arise. Other than the few that us players get together, it's very hard for the NFFC to fascilitate these. I would be the official fascilitator for these, but they can't afford me...LMAO. It's a bit of work. In a snake draft, if you moderate, you can say "Guys, just give me a call if there's a problem"...With these auctions, you have to watch every tic of the clock, from beginning to end.

[ February 23, 2009, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
Any consideration for real FF...Auction Sat. Drafts? Very possible. We are trying out CBS Sportsline's auction software for baseball and if that works we will likely move our football satellite auctions to this site. I already used the Sportsline site for one baseball auction league and found it to be very strong. We'll see how this goes and then act accordingly for football. With any luck, we'll feel more comfortable running satellite auction leagues this summer.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 12, 2009 8:48 am

Okay, it's May and I'm starting to hear from folks who would like to start the football season already. I'm willing to start as soon as we have 14 willing folks who want to get a league started. This year as I posted in the first post above, we're going to roll out Slow Drafts in a Draft Champions format consisting of 36 rounds, 14 teams and play it out. By going 36 rounds this will uncover all possible pickups for the regular DC's and by offering this in a Draft Champions League format you can draft now and not worry about this league during the season.

We can offer a $125 Winner-Take-All Slow Draft Draft Champions League (14 teams) with the winner getting a free entry in the 2010 NFFC Classic main event. We'll begin taking signups on this now and will run it as soon as we have 14 teams. They will be run on MockDraftCentral.com with a 24-hour time limit to make your pick. In baseball these took 10-20 days for the most part and those were 45-round drafts. Plan on 8-16 days for these.

If anyone wants to do a $250 Draft Champions League Slow Draft, we can give free entries to the top two finishers and we can even do a $375 Slow Draft with the top three teams getting free entries if you'd like. Your call on all of this.

Okay, anyone up for Slow Draft #1, Draft Champions League?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue May 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, it's May and I'm starting to hear from folks who would like to start the football season already. I'm willing to start as soon as we have 14 willing folks who want to get a league started. This year as I posted in the first post above, we're going to roll out Slow Drafts in a Draft Champions format consisting of 36 rounds, 14 teams and play it out. By going 36 rounds this will uncover all possible pickups for the regular DC's and by offering this in a Draft Champions League format you can draft now and not worry about this league during the season.

We can offer a $125 Winner-Take-All Slow Draft Draft Champions League (14 teams) with the winner getting a free entry in the 2010 NFFC Classic main event. We'll begin taking signups on this now and will run it as soon as we have 14 teams. They will be run on MockDraftCentral.com with a 24-hour time limit to make your pick. In baseball these took 10-20 days for the most part and those were 45-round drafts. Plan on 8-16 days for these.

If anyone wants to do a $250 Draft Champions League Slow Draft, we can give free entries to the top two finishers and we can even do a $375 Slow Draft with the top three teams getting free entries if you'd like. Your call on all of this.

Okay, anyone up for Slow Draft #1, Draft Champions League? You had me at Okay! ;)

If it starts soon and ends by June 21st, I am up for the first one! :D

[ May 12, 2009, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Tue May 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Sign me up please,summer drafting season is here,wont be long before the season starts. :D

Old School

Post by Old School » Tue May 12, 2009 2:29 pm

I'm in Greg.

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:06 pm

I'm in, if we do $375 pay Top 3.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:22 am

In the original post, you were talking about the 125 and 250 leagues being pay top 3, are you going to offer one with that payout format?