Your Biggest 2007_Mistake

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:27 am

After picking up Ryan Grant very early in the season in the main event, I lost patience and dropped him...a couple weeks before he exploded.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:39 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Just to clarify about Javon Walker, Javon WAS injured BEFORE the season even began (an update came out in early August).

Only a matter of time before he was going to break down. :( ...honestly now, how many times are you going to get this wrong?...Javon was NOT hurt before the regular season began...the proof was in his first two games of the season which were indeed injury-free and look at the production there...you are referencing a single benign incident in camp that had NO significance whatsoever to Javon's injury some seven weeks later...if you don't believe SNAKE here simply ask TK...thanks much for finally getting this right henceforth...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

If I "tweak" my hamstring, but play a few more weeks and then it finally has "had enough" and it pops, wouldn't you consider that a pre-cursor to my now more significant injury???

Now, lets use Walker's example;

He "tweaked" the SAME KNEE HE HAD ACL surgery on before the season, and you say "it didn't matter"? :confused:

Snake, we all know you rarely admit when you make a mistake, and in the rare occasion that you do, there is a laundry list of excuses that come with it, so I won't argue with you about this anymore.

Denial truly is a lonely road. :(

[ July 02, 2008, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 am

Two words: Javon Walker

Six words: Trading Earnest Graham for Marvin Harrison
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:03 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
After picking up Ryan Grant very early in the season in the main event, I lost patience and dropped him...a couple weeks before he exploded. Father Gekko is getting lots of honesty in the confessional today. Looks like there's a lot of good Catholics here today. ;) Nice thread GG. We all need to cleanse our souls before the start of the next season. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:12 am

Ced Benson in 2nd and mcnabb over Brady in 4th. I always draft brady except last year of course. Could have had great team in last years main if not for these two brutal mistakes. I drafted big Ben in 11th, Engram in 12th, and dallas clark in 14th. Sundays kinda sucked last year.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:40 am

JUST DRAFTIN MARVIN HARRISON PERIOD AND ON TOP OF IT HANGING ON TO HIM TOO LONG AND HOPING HE WAS GOING TO RETURN AND NEVER DID.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:55 am

Oh man!!! Some real doozies here. Glad I'm not the only one who lost out!!

But come on now, there has to be some shaun alexander demons somewhere. Who's got em?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:00 am

Is there anyone who passed on tom brady in the 3rd AND randy moss in the 4th? If there is, feel free to join Diesel on his rampage today!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:08 am

My biggest REGRET is deciding to start Reuban Droughns as my Flex player in that horrible rain-soaked game in London against the Dolphins in Week 8. Brandon Jacobs was questionable, and Droughns was supposed to be the primary ball carrier and the goal line back in a game that was supposed to be all about running the football.

Droughns ended up with 27 total yards, no TD's, and no receptions. I lost my head-to-head matchup by a few points, and I would've won it had I chosen my other Flex option instead (can't remember who that was).

No big deal, right? Well, I ended up 12-1 for the year and that one decision cost me the distinction of being the only team in NFFC history to go 13-0 during the regular season. :mad:

I'm definitely a Droughns-hater now.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven