3rd Round Reversal (14_Teams)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:38 am

The inevitable here is that no matter what gets posted on this board, someone(s) will have a contrarian view and defend their position to the bitter end.

Some will be PC and take the high-road. Some will use name calling. And some will even resort to 3rd person verbage which makes it nearly impossible to read their posts, even when they make absolute sense (for once...hehehe)

From my viewpoint, there really is no reason to try to add value to this board as it will be refuted by someone who obviously is more intelligent than yourself, whether they've won a national fantasy football contest themselves, or not.

Just my worthless $0.02
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:58 am

YOU ARE RIGHT BILLY WAZ 3RR IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE UNTIL THE NFL TALENT LEVELS OFF. I DRAFTED LAST NIGHT ALBIET IS WAS TOUGH BUT IT WAS FAIR.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:37 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:

3RR is not a fix in and of itself if you consider that the middle of the draft is NOT effected by it. The middle of the draft is not affected by 3RR? Interesting viewpoint
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:42 am

I DISAGREE. THE DRAFT AS WE KNOW IT IS FLIPPED BACKWARDS 100%

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:51 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:

3RR is not a fix in and of itself if you consider that the middle of the draft is NOT effected by it. The middle of the draft is not affected by 3RR? Interesting viewpoint
[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure he meant not affected as far as the actual reversal of the serpentine. Slots 7-8 remain essentially unaffected. If you're insinuating that slots 7-8 will be affected by the changing draft strategy of the rest of the owners, I can buy that, but this suggestion is just as speculative and theoretical as anything else involving the ACTUAL effects of 3RR on the draft.
For Players. By Players.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:52 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I DRAFTED LAST NIGHT ALBIET IS WAS TOUGH BUT IT WAS FAIR. I don't mind any of the debates or facts and figures about 3RR/KDS because everyone has an opinion. But the line above is what really matters. Folks who have competed in NFFC Satellite leagues thus far agree that the KDS process to pick your draft slots is fairer than it was before we installed 3RR and the draft itself seems more balanced. As long as the competitors like the format, that will be the final test of 3RR/KDS.

I have talked to more people about 3RR than anyone else and I'll admit that almost every conversation has been positive. Everyone seems to believe this format will make the NFFC more competitive this year. I know some folks feel it HURTS the middle of the draft and I know of one NFFC owner who actually believes it HELPS the early picks, so again everyone has an opinion. But with our signups up 37% from a year ago on this date, it appears that 3RR is being accepted by fantasy players.

Again, continue the debate on 3RR as these Message Board debates do help me figure out enhancements in the future. 3RR was not MY idea, it was our customers' idea. We fine-tuned it with KDS and now we're headed towards a sellout this year. The customers will determine if 3RR is good or bad with their wallets and so far I think they're speaking very clearly. 3RR/KDS obviously gives the perception that you can win from any draft spot and thus the NFFC appears to be a fairer contest in 2007.

Looking at the results at season's end should be a blast!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:13 am

I AGREE GREG. THE 3RR IS A GREAT WAY TO BALANCE THE TEAMS IN MY OPINION.

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:44 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I AGREE GREG. THE 3RR IS A GREAT WAY TO BALANCE THE TEAMS IN MY OPINION. How about balancing some of your posts with some lower case letters as well. ;)
Living the dream!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:49 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I AGREE GREG. THE 3RR IS A GREAT WAY TO BALANCE THE TEAMS IN MY OPINION. How about balancing some of your posts with some lower case letters as well. ;) [/QUOTE]Seriously!

I feel like I need to get the crayons and juice boxes out when reading your posts! :eek:

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:51 am

WELL ALL HAVE A LITTLE KID IN US. HENCE IT PART OF THE REASON WE PLAY FANTASY FOOTBALL. WE STILL LOVE TO PLAY GAMES EVEN AT OUR AGE.