3rd Round Reversal (14_Teams)

Jeff Pasquino

Post by Jeff Pasquino » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:53 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Jeff,

You sending a FBG team to NFFC?
I really hope so. I will have to talk to Greg about that in LV.

Right now I'm slated to be in AC the next weekend at Rotobowl (who also uses the NFFC version of 3RR) either representing FBG or my own endeavor, but regardless I'll be in the fray.

I'm also thinking about a possible "grand tour" of 4 major contests, including WCOFF, NFFC, Rotobowl and PayDay, but that might kill me....

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:56 am

We'd love to have you or anyone else from FBG join us in the NFFC, Jeff. Chase Stuart represented FBG last year and finished third in New York 3. So we need to keep the FBG streak going.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:57 am

Jeff,

I had never heard the term 3RR before we began our discussion here a year ago, and apparently no one else in our group of diehards had either. I first threw out the term "3RR" on the boards here (it needed a catchy monogram) and starting pushing for it after UFS had suggested the idea of doing a reversal ... in any case, 3RR is now being marketed correctly by Greg as being a "3rd round reversal", so your article is actually confusing the terminology rather than clarifying it.

3RS (3rd-rd serpentine) makes no sense whatsoever in identifying the NFFC's 3rd-round reversal. 3RS would mean the draft goes in a linear manner, 1-14 and 1-14 in the first two rounds, then reverts to a serpentine in the third round, as the name implies that a serpentine draft BEGINS in round 3. Likewise, what you call 3RR, should be called 3&4RR, since you are reversing the order at the beginning of both of those rounds (I think the message board posters you referenced got their terms confused at some point).

Now let's all get on the same page! :D

[ July 30, 2007, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 am

Originally posted by Jeff Pasquino:
Ok, I think I covered most of the discussion on the topic.

Greg, I'm sure we'll talk more about this at FSTA.

Thanks for the interest in the article. Thanks Jeff and welcome aboard. I'll buy you enough beers in Las Vegas to get you signed up for the NFFC in no time!! :D Come and compete against the best and you won't regret it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jeff Pasquino

Post by Jeff Pasquino » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:31 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff Pasquino:
Ok, I think I covered most of the discussion on the topic.

Greg, I'm sure we'll talk more about this at FSTA.

Thanks for the interest in the article. Thanks Jeff and welcome aboard. I'll buy you enough beers in Las Vegas to get you signed up for the NFFC in no time!! :D Come and compete against the best and you won't regret it.
[/QUOTE]That may be an O.F.F.E.R. I can't refuse. :cool:

Jeff Pasquino

Post by Jeff Pasquino » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:41 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Jeff,

I had never heard the term 3RR before we began our discussion here a year ago, and apparently no one else in our group of diehards had either. I first threw out the term "3RR" on the boards here (it needed a catchy monogram) and starting pushing for it after UFS had suggested the idea of doing a reversal ... in any case, 3RR is now being marketed correctly by Greg as being a "3rd round reversal", so your article is actually confusing the terminology rather than clarifying it.

3RS (3rd-rd serpentine) makes no sense whatsoever in identifying the NFFC's 3rd-round reversal. 3RS would mean the draft goes in a linear manner, 1-14 and 1-14 in the first two rounds, then reverts to a serpentine in the third round, as the name implies that a serpentine draft BEGINS in round 3. Likewise, what you call 3RR, should be called 3&4RR, since you are reversing the order at the beginning of both of those rounds (I think the message board posters you referenced got their terms confused at some point).

Now let's all get on the same page! :D Would you settle for my version of 3RR = "Third Round Flip" / Banzai method?

The nomenclature doesn't matter much to me but I agree that we should get on the same page.

Jeff Pasquino

Post by Jeff Pasquino » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:55 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...Jeff, simply curious...which of the two "banzai" methods/definitions would you opt for in your usage of the term up above?...thanks much...SNAKE

"Banzai"

1) equivalent of ÒCheers!Ó Bisho-nen - the beautiful, androgynous young men who populate shoujo manga and anime. Bishounen characters are products of the influence of the Takarazuka (all female) theater on early shoujo manga, and are modeled after male-impersonators. Bishounen characters are not necessarily, but frequently, homosexual or bisexual. ...

2) The traditional Japanese cheer, meaning "10,000 years". Really not much of a choice...

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:04 am

I really need to talk my wife into letting me go to Tampa to do the NFFC main draft$ :D

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:43 am

Jeff,

Come and compete against the best and you won't regret it.
That would be Chicago! Chitown that time of the year is spectacular.

Disclaimer: You may catch Cub Fever so get inoculated first.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King