3rd Round Reversal (14_Teams)

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:50 am

Originally posted by Jeff Pasquino:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Jeff,

I had never heard the term 3RR before we began our discussion here a year ago, and apparently no one else in our group of diehards had either. I first threw out the term "3RR" on the boards here (it needed a catchy monogram) and starting pushing for it after UFS had suggested the idea of doing a reversal ... in any case, 3RR is now being marketed correctly by Greg as being a "3rd round reversal", so your article is actually confusing the terminology rather than clarifying it.

3RS (3rd-rd serpentine) makes no sense whatsoever in identifying the NFFC's 3rd-round reversal. 3RS would mean the draft goes in a linear manner, 1-14 and 1-14 in the first two rounds, then reverts to a serpentine in the third round, as the name implies that a serpentine draft BEGINS in round 3. Likewise, what you call 3RR, should be called 3&4RR, since you are reversing the order at the beginning of both of those rounds (I think the message board posters you referenced got their terms confused at some point).

Now let's all get on the same page! :D Would you settle for my version of 3RR = "Third Round Flip" / Banzai method?

The nomenclature doesn't matter much to me but I agree that we should get on the same page.
[/QUOTE]Too late to change now, jump on the 3RR bandwagon Jeff! btw, aside from the nomenclature, liked the article - good topic of discussion.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:54 am

Hi Jeff.

Your reliance on the Pick Value Calculator is paramount to your results. I've never heard of it and am extremely sceptical.

With that said, do you also believe in the easter bunny and the tooth fairy? That could expain a few things
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:09 am

GG - way to take a shot at a nice guy who was just answering some questions here.

And in case you haven't been told (lately) there are lots of things YOU haven't heard of - doesn't mean they don't exist or have value.

I am not vouching for their Pick Calculator, but clearly every pick has a value and each succeeding pick has less value than those before which is all it is trying to project.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:28 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
GG - way to take a shot at a nice guy who was just answering some questions here.

And in case you haven't been told (lately) there are lots of things YOU haven't heard of - doesn't mean they don't exist or have value.

I am not vouching for their Pick Calculator, but clearly every pick has a value and each succeeding pick has less value than those before which is all it is trying to project. He could be a very nice guy, that still doesn't mean I need to agree with his means for coming up with a conclusion or voice my disagreement in a way that is pleasureable to him.

To be honest, the "draft pick calculator" seems like a tool that would have been introduced in fantasy elementary school and one that would have been quickly dismissed as "DOA". Kinda reminds me of the "Yahoo Big Boards" that funston keeps updated. Kinda interesting for a few seconds but meaningless in the end.

Btw, I am a fan of 3rr/kds because of the perceived value. Doesn't have anything to do with numerical values "assigned" to each draft slot.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:34 am

Btw, welcome to the boards jeff.