Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Sack

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by Sack » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:03 pm

I went to my NFBC link to find the link to claim my NFFC prizes. This may help a few people.

Hog Wild 20

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by Hog Wild 20 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:00 am

Originally posted by Soupdog:
I have another question. My tax advisor is saying I have to pay State taxes in Wisconsin on the entire amount of the 1099 even if I can deduct that whole amount off my Federal taxes for the entry fees. That is total crap that I pay $4K, get $4K back, but then have to pay 7% tax on the $4K "earnings". Anyone else have that problem? Agree/disagree with my advisor?

I really would want my entry fees deducted off my 1099 total before they send it to me if that is the case. From what I can tell they subtracted the entry fee for just the teams that won money, my problem is I have no idea how they came up with the total from SnapDraft.

Glenneration X

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 am

I have another question. My tax advisor is saying I have to pay State taxes in Wisconsin on the entire amount of the 1099 even if I can deduct that whole amount off my Federal taxes for the entry fees. That is total crap that I pay $4K, get $4K back, but then have to pay 7% tax on the $4K "earnings". Anyone else have that problem? Agree/disagree with my advisor?

I really would want my entry fees deducted off my 1099 total before they send it to me if that is the case. I would suggest moving immediately.

Old School

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by Old School » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:09 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
i have not rec'd any link and i am owed money.. please advise.. Mike Weber Mike, if you don't have a link on your NFFC team page or you don't see it when you log in at fanball.com shoot me an email at [email protected]. [/QUOTE]Yes go directly to fanball.com, not nffc.

Old School

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by Old School » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 am

I really would want my entry fees deducted off my 1099 total before they send it to me if that is the case. you need a new tax advisor ;)

RoadKing

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by RoadKing » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 am

If you had problems with your prize accounting last week go back in today. I did, and its different than last week....it's correct, all prizes accounted for and looks good to go.
Thanks guys.

[ February 07, 2011, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: RoadKing ]

boutrous11

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:39 am

me too, just appeared today at fanball.com ....

Greg Ambrosius

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 am

We still have 18 owners who haven't claimed their prizes yet, including a couple of league champs. Fanball needs everyone to claim these prizes before sending out the winnings, so I will contact everyone individually to make sure we get this done. Look for an email now, but PLEASE go in and claim your winnings ASAP so that you can get what you earned. Thanks.

Go to the first page to find out how to claim your prize. Thanks. Outside of these 18 owners, every NFFC winning check has been sent. Thanks and congrats all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:11 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We still have 18 owners who haven't claimed their prizes yet, including a couple of league champs. Fanball needs everyone to claim these prizes before sending out the winnings, so I will contact everyone individually to make sure we get this done. Look for an email now, but PLEASE go in and claim your winnings ASAP so that you can get what you earned. Thanks.

Go to the first page to find out how to claim your prize. Thanks. Outside of these 18 owners, every NFFC winning check has been sent. Thanks and congrats all. This is the kind of customer service we've come to expect from the NFFC, unlike the "other" contest who has yet to pay out with little explanation.

I think that other contest is really in trouble, by the way.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Claim Your NFFC Prizes

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Go to the first page to find out how to claim your prize. Thanks. Outside of these 18 owners, every NFFC winning check has been sent. Thanks and congrats all. This is the kind of customer service we've come to expect from the NFFC, unlike the "other" contest who has yet to pay out with little explanation.

I think that other contest is really in trouble, by the way.
[/QUOTE]Ditto Paul!

I definitely give the NFFC a "pass" last year, because they were with management much like that other company who doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to "customer service". :(

Maybe they could hire Greg, Tom, Alex, and Dave on how to treat their customers properly and not keep them in the dark, rather than blowing the money on celebrity leagues and a week long Super Bowl shindig! :eek: