NFFC Draft Champions Magazine League

Sollan

Post by Sollan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks for the invite, but I will not be able to participate.

Sollan

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
UGLY TOMATOES should be in this league. The ARE draftchampions. Big Mike, where are you? Sign up dude! WOW ... I have been working.

I would love to be in this. Winning 3 of the 4 years in the Chicago/NY DC (not to mention the first Wazz DC) should count for something.

Thanks for mentioning this Marc
Hakuna Matata!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:50 pm

I think Lumpy's and I should get to choose because we had the idea for this within minutes apart... :D

UYT should be in.

Other then that, double dippers should be at the end of the list and used only if needed. Just seems more fair and most of them have already voiced this to their credit. I like seeing many different names/drafts in the mag and think it promotes the events better. JMO.

Whatever is decided is fine though.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
I think Lumpy's and I should get to choose because we had the idea for this within minutes apart... :D

UYT should be in.

Other then that, double dippers should be at the end of the list and used only if needed. Just seems more fair and most of them have already voiced this to their credit. I like seeing many different names/drafts in the mag and think it promotes the events better. JMO.

Whatever is decided is fine though. If it means UYT or another respected member getting in, I'm willing to drop. I just won't do it for who's first on the waiting list.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:

UYT should be in.

Whatever is decided is fine though. If it means UYT or another respected member getting in, I'm willing to drop. I just won't do it for who's first on the waiting list.
[/QUOTE]I hear ya. I see the circus is in town again.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 pm

a waiting list to compete with mr gekko. i LUV it :D :D :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:

UYT should be in.

Whatever is decided is fine though. Don't kill the messenger John, I am just doing what Greg said.

That all being said, I too feel that people who aren't doing another draft should get another crack first. I think the concern is there aren't enough "newbies" (no doubt because they fear Gekko! :rolleyes: ), and Greg wants this filled.

So until Greg says otherwise, I will make a list of those who ARE NOT doing another draft, and everyone else who is will be on the waiting list (in order they requested to be in this league). Since Sollmen is out, then UYT (Mike Ferre) is IN, and Russ and Rich were placed at the top of the waiting list.

We can give it the weekend to see what happens and then fill in the waiting list for the remaining spots.

Sound good?

OFFICIALLY IN......

1. John Zaleski
2. Derek Anderson
3. Joseph Trefiletti
4. Steve Lightfoot
5. Mark Srebro
6. Mike Ferre

WAITING LIST (in order)......

Russ Steele
Rich Dunn
Mark Moyer
Perry Van Hook
Rob Benetti
Johnny Frisella
Billy Wasosky
Matthew Bayley
Glenn Karant
Glenn Schroter
Jules McLean
Hardheads

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:34 am

Okay, I apologize for being out of touch the last day but I spoke at a Web 2.0 conference in Chicago yesterday and then got caught in the Wisconsin floods on the drive home. I've never seen Wisconsin have so much rain and the Interstate home was closed and all side highways were shut down. I was stranded in Wisconsin last night and had to sleep in a conference room of a full hotel. After waiting a few hours this morning for the Interstate to reopen, I finally made it back to work. Wow, unreal.

The state has been hit hard, but fortunately nobody has died because of these storms here at least. I'm actually leaving for vacation on Sunday to the Lake Delton/Wisconsin Dells area and it will be hard to see that lake empty and all of those resorts shut down. But we're going to a resort off the lake and it should be a good getaway.

Let me get caught up to speed on this thread and get everyone in this draft who isn't in another mag draft. If we have to wait a few days to fill this one, we'll be patient. I like as many names in the magazine as possible, so I won't fill it today if there's an internal squabble.

Hold tight and I'll update the list soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 am

Okay, let's see if this list is correct:

Tuesday, June 24th, 7 p.m. EDT
MockDraftCentral.com

1. John Zaleski
2. Derek Anderson
3. Joseph Treffiletti
4. Steve Lightfoot
5. Gordon Gekko
6. Mike Ferre
7. Mark Moyer
8. Rob Benetti
9. Russ Steele
10. Perry Van Hook
11. Rich Dunn

Those who are ready to jump in include:

Johnny Frisella
Billy Wasosky
Matthew Bayley
Glenn Karant
Glenn Schroter
Craig Williams

[ June 13, 2008, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:49 am

Can you take me off the wait list? I didn't realize Gekko was in this draft and I want not part of him!!!!! ;)

Kidding aside, I have a scheduling conflict.
@RedRyder