Favre vs, Rogers

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:52 am

Actually ... with a 13-3 team last year ... anything short of a Super bowl appearance ... we tar and feather TT and run him out of town. But thats just me.
Hakuna Matata!

D-Day Heroes

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by D-Day Heroes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 am

UYT... Thats a pretty good analysis, But Damn, You got to feel for Rodgers, if anything less than a Super Bowl in his rookie season is a failure. Hate to be in his Shoes :eek:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

GOD Loves You

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:13 pm

Originally posted by Team Canada:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by Team Canada:
Rodgers!
Favre sucks! Corrected the spelling and response for you.

Those thinking that Favre is going to "be something" this season are gravely mistaken.
[/QUOTE]When I see him in interviews he always is on the verge of tears, not a leader
and has the arm strength of a highschool qb
[/QUOTE]At least he doesn't have the decision making of a H.S. QB.

If Favre hadn't "earned his stripes" he would've been yanked a few seasons ago, with the way he just throws those hail mary's. A lot of us forsee the 05 Favre returning.

Just curious to those who read this....how many TD passes will Favre throw this season? I'm guessing Rodgers has more.....same with yards, wins and completions.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
UYT... Thats a pretty good analysis, But Damn, You got to feel for Rodgers, if anything less than a Super Bowl in his rookie season is a failure. Hate to be in his Shoes :eek: They were one pass away from the Super bowl. Your GOAL as an NFL team is to win Super bowl's. You NEED to do what's best for the team to help them WIN SUPER BOWL's. If they let a guy go ... who's one pass away from the Super bowl (runner up league MVP). They better replace him with a guy who is better! Anything else is a failure to put your best team on the field. The Packers were a favorite to be in the Super bowl with Favre as QB this year. Why would management make it harder or less likely for the team to win a super bowl this year (their only goal as a team).

All pro athletes have pressure ... but the accountability here is on management. If Rogers proves to be a pass away from the Super bowl too. They saved some money on Favre's contract and didn't hurt the team. Anything less is a step backwards. Anything more is a step forward.

To put it bluntly ... if New England traded Brady (assuming it was because they didn't want him and not for cap reasons) ... if New England was trying to win ... I would expect the guy they traded Brady away in order to play in his place ... to be as good or BETTER. If not ... I would realize that NE management was purposely NOT putting the best team on the field and I would fire management if I was the owner (as NE is also a Super bowl favorite). If you only win a Super bowl once every 32 years ... you need to take the shot when you get them. GB had it with Favre ... Rodgers is an unknown. If they don't have it with Rodgers ... "YOUR FIRED".

Obviously ... if the team was 6 - 10 and rebuilding ... moves are made in a bigger context. you might be looking two or three years down the road. But that is NOT GB or NE right now.

Ugly
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

Just curious to those who read this....how many TD passes will Favre throw this season? I'm guessing Rodgers has more.....same with yards, wins and completions. So your guessing the QB on a 13 - 3 team might have better stats than the QB on a 4 - 12 team. That's really going out on a limb. :D :D :D

If Brady was traded to the Raiders tomorrow ... he's stats would suffer ... that doesn't mean he is becoming a bad QB ... it means he is on a bad team that he has no chemistry with.

How about this ... I'll take Favre's QB rating in 2007 against Rodgers in 2008 (with virtually the same team). Thats the best test of the Rodgers move ... what do you want to bet.
Hakuna Matata!

GOD Loves You

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Mike, what does last years stats/records have to do with this season?

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Mike, what does last years stats/records have to do with this season? It's a better measure of Favre vs Rodgers than how Favre does with a 4 - 12 team vs how Rodgers does with a 13 - 3 team.

The comparison one year a part with virtually the same players on the SAME team seems like a better measure of Favre vs Rodgers ... Don't you agree?

Would it be a fair comparison of the two if Favre had stayed in GB and Rodgers had gone to the Jets (we would all be talking about the odds of Rodgers even winning the starting job there!)
Hakuna Matata!

Diesel

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by Diesel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:24 pm

2008 TD's:

Favre 22
Rodgers 19
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

GOD Loves You

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Mike, what does last years stats/records have to do with this season? It's a better measure of Favre vs Rodgers than how Favre does with a 4 - 12 team vs how Rodgers does with a 13 - 3 team.

The comparison one year a part with virtually the same players on the SAME team seems like a better measure of Favre vs Rodgers ... Don't you agree?

Would it be a fair comparison of the two if Favre had stayed in GB and Rodgers had gone to the Jets (we would all be talking about the odds of Rodgers even winning the starting job there!)
[/QUOTE]Mike, I totally disagree with you. Season to season, things change....heck, week to week they change in the NFL. Maybe if we were playing Madden, you could make your analogy, but in the real world, it doesn't make sense to me. By your rationale, the Pats should win every game this season, considering they have basically the same team, with some additions to help.

Last years 13-3 record was an anomaly for the Packers. IMO, Favre has been done for a few years now. I really thinks he flops with the Jets. I heard a rumor that he worked out like a fiend last season, hence once of his best in memory. The previous 2 seasons, as well as this season, well, he didn't work out as much.

I thought the purpose of the thread was who has the better season, Favre or Rodgers, not the Back to the Future method you are advertising. :D

Rodgers has better stats this season, regardless of records, but his career with be short-lived. I do feel sorry for the guy, no matter what he does, it won't be good enough for the Packers fans. Favre is darn near a diety in the sports world.......how many other jerseys get worn for 1581 days straight? :eek:

BTW, how come only certain topics elicit a response, yet others, like this, people remain silent?? :confused: Are people afraid TK/Greg will ban them for blasphemy? ;)