Favre vs, Rogers

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:25 am

Patrick ... I see your point on this ... it's not back to the future (but it's not like it happened in 1997 either). The topic also isn't titled Favre vs Rodgers for 2008. So I would argue either comparison is valid.

I am not sure why everyone is so anxious to put great athletes like Favre in retirement. You said yourself ... you thought Favre was done in 2005 ... then 2007 happens. Since this all about entertainment ... who will be more fun to watch ... Farve or Rodgers?

BTW ... if you say every year "Favre is done" ... you will eventually be right, but why not let time determine it instead of you? At least call for his retirement after a season he WAS NOT the runner up MVP (just a thought?).

As far as Rodgers goes ... it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who makes millions playing a game. I don't like the Boo's for Rodgers ... classless. I am curious to see what Rodgers does with a new Agent ... he fired his two days ago and can hire a new one in three days. Will you still feel sorry for him when he suddenly wants a new contract before the season starts without a single start and no Brett Favre to contend with?

BTW ... even with the handicap ... I would bet on Favres QB rating over Rodgers in 2008 ... but I think it's a coin toss.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:59 am

Snake ... why should a guy at the Top of his game retire? He was clearly one of the best QB's last year. Why do you NOT want to see Favre play? He didn't steal money, or hit and run someone, or juice last year or not honor his contract. Seriously ... serious answer ... why are you so against Favre trying to continue to play at the high level he did in 2007?

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

D-Day Heroes

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:46 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Snake ... why should a guy at the Top of his game retire? He was clearly one of the best QB's last year. Why do you NOT want to see Favre play? He didn't steal money, or hit and run someone, or juice last year or not honor his contract. Seriously ... serious answer ... why are you so against Favre trying to continue to play at the high level he did in 2007?

Big Mike UYT .... excuse me , i know the ? was posed to Snake BUT, i have to chime in here. I was never a Big Favre Fan, ( just for the record ). I like his enthusiasim, his exciting gunslinging style and most of all that he took all those hits for all those years and never missed a Start. But its that same gunslinging style ( that I can make anything happen mentality ) that cost the Packers 1 or 2 more championships, IMHO ( he threw as many bad passes as good passes ) and thats why I would not rank him with Brady or Manning. Now I know that will get a lot Favre Fans fired-up , but everyone is entitled to thier opinion.

But the thing that turned me off most about Favre, was not his game , But what he did concerning your question.

NO ONE FORCED FAVRE TO RETIRE, HE IS THE ONE THAT MADE THAT DECISION.

The thing that gets me is , HE IS ALSO THE ONE THAT CHANGED HIS MIND , ( which everyone has a right to do ), BUT , he should not have put his team through that Roller Coaster Ride. I beleive ( Packers Management ) felt they had to stay the course with Rodgers, for the teams sanity.

It sure looks like the team wants to play Hard for Rodgers, especially after how Tough... Drver and Jones looked last night. That catch by Jones was one of the most impressive receptions and scores I have ever seen, regardless of Meaning.

Anyway , I just had to get that off my chest, NOW I will Face the wrath of the Favre Fans :D
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:30 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
HE IS ALSO THE ONE THAT CHANGED HIS MIND :eek: He changed his Mind! wow ... the nerve!

Jordan did that and the bastard came back and won three more championships!

Reggie White did it. Lots of players do it ... lots of cases of it happening.

Like Tom K said ... I think he was on the fence and pushed into it by GB management. When Montana played for KC ... Emmitt played for ARI ... no one lost sleep over it. All GB had to do was say ... we made a decision and trade Favre and it would have been done with ... THEY made him fly to GB then begged him not to hit the practice field ... didn't you read about any of this in the news?.

... but THEY played games with him. "didn't believe he really wanted to play again ... so they didn't take him seriously". That's the coaches own words.

If you remember ... this started because Favre said ... I don't feel welcome in GB ... so I am asking to be released so I can play somewhere else! It's management who were like "YOU DON'T FEEL WELCOME! ... WHAT ... WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT BRETT! ... YOUR WELCOME TO COME BACK TO CAMP" ... total BS from the beginning ... management lying through their teeth

What is the prison term for changing your mind about retirement BTW. Too bad he didn't just get drunk and hit and run over someone with a truck ... he wouldn't be such a bad guy then.
Hakuna Matata!

Tom Kessenich

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:37 am

Favre - 545 touchdowns
Rodgers - 1

:D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:39 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
SNAKE does NOT share the same opinion of you that Favre is "at the top of his game" Wow ... runner up MVP (13-3) ... and he's not at the top of his game?

Your opinion of Brett is much higher than mine if you think that is how he preforms when he's over the hill! :D :D :D
Hakuna Matata!

D-Day Heroes

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:04 am

UYT ....Maybe I'M comming down to hard on Bret about changing his mind, so i ask myself why, and the reason I think is because it seems so many of these great players these days do the Retirement Shuffle, Thanks for the great Party, BTW , I'm comming back. Jordan did it, Clemens did it,now Favre . Guess I just really admire how Barry Did it, Left on Top, a season away from what would have easily been the rushing title and never looked back ! I didn't expect Die Hard Favre Fans to come over to my side of the argument. I just was giving an alternate opinion. Its not like this is a Bret Favre Love Fest , is it ? ... BTW, Greg andf TOM , how come u guys took me off the sign-up list
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikeybok

Favre vs, Rogers

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:39 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
Its not like this is a Bret Favre Love Fest , is it ?Sanders was pure class!

As a Vikings fan ... I have been envious of the Packers for having Favre for many years ... then on the eve of his last MVP type season ... they decide they don't want him back (no big deal) ... but that they don't want anyone else to have him either (What?). Name a player thats EVER happened to? That was Managements fault ... not Brett's.

BTW ... this IS a Favre LOVE fest ... I'm surprised you couldn't tell.
Hakuna Matata!