Calvin Johnson......

GOD Loves You

Calvin Johnson......

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:30 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I personally think it would decrease, as I am not a big believer in Alex Smith.

Thoughts? He would have WAAY more value on the 49ers. Gruden is creating an offensive wasteland down here, while the 49ers are starting to form one that could be potent. Getting a stud WR would do wonders for them and that team.

I'm still going to be very unhappy if the Bucs take Johnson. I would rather see him go to about 28-29 other teams. The way Gruden falls in love with players, he might get C.J. killed his first season, kinda like he did with Caddy.

Someone please make a trade and keep Johnson out of Tampa.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

BillyWaz

Calvin Johnson......

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:56 am

I also heard another rumor (like there aren't a million of them out there!) that the GM of the Falcons (Rich McKay??) wants CJ BAD!

Somehow, I just don't see Michael Vick bringing the best out of Calvin.

I just now read that McKay said he wasn't interested.

Gotta love the draft day smokescreens! :D

[ April 26, 2007, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Purple Helmets

Calvin Johnson......

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:42 pm

The latest rumor has the 49'ers trading draft picks to Seattle for Darrell Jackson...hmmm.
Living the dream!

RI WORKHORSE

Calvin Johnson......

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:32 am

Well, We will find out where CJ goes today. I have ben saying since day one that he would go no lower then the 2 spot and if the lions have the two then CJ will be the pick. I think it will be interesting to see if Quinn goes to the browns or if he falls.

Happy Draft day Guys.........Also I can't wait to see where M.Turner goes. And Randy Moss. Should be alot of trades today.....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Diesel

Calvin Johnson......

Post by Diesel » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:47 am

Calvin Johnson to the Chiefs!? Nah. They don't like to have WR's that can run routes AND catch balls at the same time.

Calvin in Detroit seems like overkill. Don't underestimate the power of the Furrey. Mike Furrey. Roy Williams and Mike Furrey is al they need at WR in Detroit. They would be better off with Peterson than C. Johnson unless they trade Roy Williams this morning.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Calvin Johnson......

Post by Diesel » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:55 am

Well, over-kill happened. The Lions took a WR AGAIN. Has there ever been an NFL team that had 3 WR's that were good for fantasy football on a regular basis? There have been PLENTY of teams with 2 WR's that were great for fantasy football, but 3? I'm still a believer in Furrey and will show it come draft day, but it's going to be tough to rank any of the Detroit WR's due to the talent they ALL have. If you're in a draftchampions league and you draft all 3, you're gold. But other than that, I believe it's going to be a crap shoot on which week one of these guys goes off.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RI WORKHORSE

Calvin Johnson......

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:24 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Well, over-kill happened. The Lions took a WR AGAIN. Has there ever been an NFL team that had 3 WR's that were good for fantasy football on a regular basis? There have been PLENTY of teams with 2 WR's that were great for fantasy football, but 3? I'm still a believer in Furrey and will show it come draft day, but it's going to be tough to rank any of the Detroit WR's due to the talent they ALL have. If you're in a draftchampions league and you draft all 3, you're gold. But other than that, I believe it's going to be a crap shoot on which week one of these guys goes off. Marc,

I think there is plenty of fantasy points to go around in detroit.Detroit will have R. williams on one side, Johnson on the other. Then furrey in the slot. I think that will work out well. Will see if they keep Mike Williams.....lol. If Arizona and Indy can get Fantasy points out of there #3's It should help Detroit....

As a Dolphins Fan, What the hell is up with these guys on draft day. Can't they get things right. To tell you the truth When The dolphins picked I had something pop in my head that said Ginn...And sure enough....They should of traded down if all they wanted was a kick returner... :( :mad:
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Calvin Johnson......

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:50 pm

Diesel,

I guess Mike Williams won't be in Detroit. Him and Josh mcown will be off to Oakland.

I don't like the Mcown pick. Why do these guys draft Qb's like vince young and JaMarcus Russell to sit them for a year. Look what Kerry collins did to the titans last year.Let the young Qb's get in there and get the playing time.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

eddietheking

Calvin Johnson......

Post by eddietheking » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:17 pm

I guess the 49ers didn't get the package for Calvin Johnson that I had posted, Willis was a very good pick though. I also read just now that the 49ers have offered the Seahawks the 112th pick in the 4th round for D Jackson and he was in Santa Clara for a physical today. Hope that goes through, need a #1 wr right now more than anything else, although Hill the WR drafted in the 3rd from Wash, St, I believe, could be good he's a rookie.

eddietheking

Calvin Johnson......

Post by eddietheking » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Reagarding the McCowen trade, fora 4th, I thinks it's a good move for the Raiders to have at least 1 experienced QB on the roster, to teach Russell and also if he's hurt or not ready to go week 1, Mike WIlliams has been a huge disappointment, but remember Kiffen was his USC coach when he last played hard and very well at the time! Hope prevails for him, probably his last chance to show his stuff and also a small amount of insurance if Moss does finally get traded.