Greg/Tom There is a Competitive Advantage to draft in Early Main Then Normal Main

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom There is a Competitive Advantage to draft in Early Main Then Normal Main

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:16 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Billy,

You echo my main concern. I am worried about the growth of the live event. With the focus on figuring out ways to simply drive some extra entries (online option, second entry for die hard and handful of people who absolutely can't draft labor day) I think we start moving away from focusing on ways to grow the live MAIN event.

I was more of a fan of keeping 3 main draft locations (so not to spread people around as much as funnel people to one of 3 places) and focusing on ways to make the draft experience and NFFC experience progressively better and more professional than any other event in the market.

I agree that if people are going to just draft from the comfort of their dining room table there should be something that benefits those who actually come to the live events. well said. the live events have to grow. there should be extra money paid for online drafts or live events will die off.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:19 am

Originally posted by Dirty Deeds:
I formally request that either the early Main Event results are posted for all to see or that anyone drafting in the Early Main Event be BANNED from drafting in the Normal Main Event.

I did two mains in both major baseball contests this season, and two in the wcoff last season. I'm doing only one NFFC main, but I can tell you this ...

... no two drafts are the same. Period. End of story, nothing to see here.

[ August 21, 2010, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 am

Originally posted by Dirty Deeds:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
...ah, DD is just sore because he came in 2nd Place to me for the last TWO years in a row in the Main Classic ...honestly Danny, there's good reason behind my "switch" as I would simply NOT be able to do BOTH Mains on Saturday, 9/4...there's more to it than meets the eye here..."typical SNAKE move" - man you crack me up...I sincerely hope that you're not in the midst of a migraine here, man...GK Glen I am not sore at all First I am pointing out facts.

Second I have made the Playoffs 5 leagues in a row which you HAVE NOT so what makes you a better player ? I really laugh at you and your supposed expertise. I can tell you that you match the quote "I would rather be lucky then talented"

And now that you started this let me finish it.

The one year (2008) you beat me out of first place by a few points you were caught CHEATING. You contacted my opponent in week 10 direct and coached them on their roster "Typical Snake Move" to assit them in beating me that week. You were also stupid enough to accidently CC me the email you sent to my opponent.
[/QUOTE]Are you joking me. Are there rules against contacting someone in the league to offer good advice? (NO) It would be cheating to lay down for someone (I get that and understand that it is collusion to do that) ... but if someone wanted good advice from me, I might be inclined to give it to him regardless of who they were playing. I have already given pre draft advice to at least 3 very good NFFC players this year. If giving good advice on players is cheating ... the message board is full of cheating IMO.

I think you should rethink using the word cheating. He even copied you regarding the advice he gave the other player, that means was all out in the open from day one (and it was not wrong so this was not even necessary). Do you really think I'm cheating if I give another player advice?

Seriously, Is using a service cheating? If I call myself a service, can I advise others? Explain in detail how Snake broke a single rule.

Your just wrong about this "deeds". (Please Snake, do not pile on here). let me Champion this topic for you. I personally don't want to be accused of cheating if I give someone advice (actually, I already did that this year and I don't think I cheated?).

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 am

If there is such an advantage, then sign up for the early one and take home the big prize.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.