Some Very Preliminary Rankings

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:20 am

I like Daniels. He's a good player in a good passing offense. However, they don't use him much in the Red Zone which is a surprise. Maybe that will change but if Andre Johnson is healthy for the whole year and with Kevin Walter establishing himself as a solid No. 2 WR I don't know if Daniels will be a strong source for TDs.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 am

ONE THING I DID NOTICE ABOUT DANIELS WAS THIS. ACTUALLY IT WASN'T DANIELS AT ALL.

DID YOU NOTICE THIS TOM THAT WHEN SCHAUB WAS THE Q.B. DANIELS NUMBERS WERE PRETTY GOOD BUT WHEN ROSENFELDS WAS THE Q.B DANIELS WAS NON EXISTENT.

IF YOU CHECK OUT THE GAMES THOSE ARE THE FINDING YOU WILL HAVE.

SO I THINK ITS ALL UP TO SCHAUB. IF SCHAUB STAYS HEALTHY I THINK DANIELS WILL BENEFIT GREATLY.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:26 am

Shaub staying healthy is another big question mark. I'd rank him a lot higher than I have him now because I love his talent but he showed zero ability to stay healthy last season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:33 am

SPEAKING OF Q.B.'S ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU THINK THIS SEASON ITS IMPORTANT TO GET ONE EARLY DUE TO THE DEPTH OF POSITION THIS YEAR IN FANTASY.

WHICH GEM DO YOU THINK IS OUT THERE WHO CAN SURPISE THIS YEAR?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:37 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
SPEAKING OF Q.B.'S ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU THINK THIS SEASON ITS IMPORTANT TO GET ONE EARLY DUE TO THE DEPTH OF POSITION THIS YEAR IN FANTASY.

WHICH GEM DO YOU THINK IS OUT THERE WHO CAN SURPISE THIS YEAR? At QB? Pretty ugly group this year. This isn't a homer pick but Rodgers could be that guy. You can't rank him very highly because there's no way to know how good he'll be. But if he does show he can play he's got a lot of talent around him. So he's a guy who could prove to be a great value pick. Or he could bust. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 am

THAT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD CHOICE.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:

WHICH GEM DO YOU THINK IS OUT THERE WHO CAN SURPISE THIS YEAR? At QB? Pretty ugly group this year. This isn't a homer pick but Rodgers could be that guy. You can't rank him very highly because there's no way to know how good he'll be. But if he does show he can play he's got a lot of talent around him. So he's a guy who could prove to be a great value pick. Or he could bust. :D
[/QUOTE]The only problem I have with Rodgers is health. He couldn't stay healthy as a backup...how can you have confidence he will stay healthy as a starter? I would have guessed you would say Delhomme. With your ranking for Steve Smith you must be assuming a healthy Delhomme. Otherwise Smith would be lucky to crack the top 15 Wr's. Also, what about Young or Garrard. Both mobile QB's that will give you good production on the ground and if Porter has anything left, Garrard might even get you 18-20 passing TD's.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:21 am

I like Delhomme a lot but I need to get good reports about his health during camp and the preseason. I think Garrard is a solid backup. Nothing flashy but won't hurt you. Young is a major gamble pick. Huge upside but he was an absolute dog last season. The concern with him is that he didn't provide any rushing production which was a huge surprise. If he isn't giving you that, he's worthless from a fantasy perspective because he's still a poor passing QB.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:27 am

Assuming Delhomme isn't successful coming back, do you still have Smith in the top 10 WR's?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:27 am

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON PHILIP RIVERS? DO YOU THINK HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO STEP UP MORE SINCE HE CAN'T COMPLETELY DEPEND ON L.T.?

WELL AT LEAST I DON'T THINK HE CAN. L.T. IS STILL THE BEST FANTASY PLAYER HANDS DOWN BUT THE 20+ T.D. DAYS ARE POTENTIALLY OVER.

AT LEAST I THINK SO.