Some Very Preliminary Rankings

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:33 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Assuming Delhomme isn't successful coming back, do you still have Smith in the top 10 WR's? Depends who the starter is. Smith did well late last season with Moore so while I'd drop Smith out of the Top 10 probably I wouldn't lose all hope for him. The good news for Smith is David Carr is no longer in Carolina and if the Panthers are lucky they've removed all traces of the stench he left behind.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 am

I'm a big fan of Rivers. I liked him a lot going into last season but he obviously disappointed. He has a ton of talent to work with so I think he's a good guy to pick for a bounceback season if he's healthy. But he comes with risk so he's not a slam-dunk pick by any means.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:42 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The good news for Smith is David Carr is no longer in Carolina and if the Panthers are lucky they've removed all traces of the stench he left behind. Amen to that...and Giant fans (along with Burress, Toomer and the other Steve Smith FF owners) better pray for a healthy Eli this year.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:20 am

Although I don't dispute your WR rankings (assuming a healthy Delhomme) its interesting to note that a number of top 10 mainstays from the last few years are missing; including Harrison, Holt and Ocho Dope-o. With his off-season debacles, the one guy I might have a problem taking that early is Marshall. But there's no doubting his ability if his heads screwed on straight.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:27 am

Harrison has MAJOR injury issues. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired before the start of the season. Even if he does play, I expect him to miss time this season. Frankly, after last season I'm not sure I'd go anywhere near him.

Holt is coming off a down season but I have him right outside the Top 10. He needs Bulger to stay healthy because Green is washed up in my opinion. I still like Holt but I no longer view him as a top WR1.

Johnson is being downgraded due to his current situation. If he remains with the Bengals he could be a major problem and that lowers his potential. If he's traded to a good situation then he'll likely move back up in the Top 10. But as of right now, I don't see how he can be viewed as a strong WR1 given his uncertain status with the Bengals.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:10 am

Tom I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of 85. I can't wait for those "Where you at 85?" Commercials to re-air during the pre-season.

As for Harrison, take this for what it's worth, but my local sources say Harrison isn't even walking unassisted. Rumor is that he has issues in BOTH knees. I love Marvin and what he's done for the Colts, but he won't make my top 30 WRs, if he even hits the list.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:14 pm

The real question here Tom is will you go $60 on Gore May 5th? ;)