Snake emails

Old School

Snake emails

Post by Old School » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:35 pm

got one from him yesterday implying that Glenn Schroter cheated on the Free agency bids.

Old School

Snake emails

Post by Old School » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:27 pm

gosh. i just got 5 more :eek:

Ry's Guys

Snake emails

Post by Ry's Guys » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:41 pm

If I were the NFFC/Stats I would sue him for slander.
Pat Sorge

tommypickles

Snake emails

Post by tommypickles » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:01 pm

just blocked him...problem solved

tommypickles

Snake emails

Post by tommypickles » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:03 pm

unless of course he has a few e-mail addresses

Greg Ambrosius

Snake emails

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 am

Originally posted by Old School:
got one from him yesterday implying that Glenn Schroter cheated on the Free agency bids. I am at my wits end about this owner. This latest accusation towards the NFFC and STATS is libelous and very dangerous indeed. He has been on a personal mission since being denied access to the Message Boards and the league boards to damage me personally and the NFFC and he has told me that many times. He can continue on that mission towards me, but this latest accusation is beyond belief.

I can state unequivocally that every FAAB bid ever made in the NFBC and NFFC since 2004 has gone without another owner having ANY access to other bids. The fact that Glenn has been outbid for free agents by other owners -- just like everyone else does -- is not a news story. Claiming someone has inside information to his bids and thus outbidding him is a story. Again, it's false, totally without merit and in my view libelous towards us.

I wouldn't even respond to such an accusation except now I've received an email from a new owner who left the WCOFF and joined us this year for the first time. He actually believes Glenn's statement and responded this way:

"the more i am exposed to the hsff the more i feel im being played for a fool, who has the inside info is way ahead of this game, to get this info b4 others is too much advantage, as for inside info on bids that would be cheating too. between the bogus leagues wcoff and now insider collusion i think i will stick to betting the fixed games only.thanks for the heads up."

I will call this owner personally as soon as I can and explain that NO ONE has any inside information on FAAB bids. It's sour grapes written by a sour owner. And it's emailed to all his league mates because he no longer has access to the main message boards or the league message boards. We can't stop him from texting or emailing owners, but honestly I never thought it would get to this point. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. That being said, I will not let these libelous emails go without the truth being told and the truth is that Glenn is totally off base in this latest accusation and his attempt to damage the NFFC will not be successful. We are beyond reproach when it comes to fair and honest FAAB bids.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Snake emails

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:11 am

I do not want other owners piling on this thread because honestly I have all of the emails he's sent out to everyone and I understand how all of you feel. Email me personally if you have more to add. That being said, Glenn feels this thread is very unfair to him because he can't respond. I will remedy that.

I have given him the chance to email his response and to explain why he is constantly emailing everyone in his leagues, why he is making these type of accusations against the NFFC and other owners, and to explain anything else he feels he's being wrongly accused of. He said that he has done nothing different than other owners in the NFFC over the last three years, so we'll let him explain his actions if he would like. I don't remember any other owner sending out these type of false accusation emails before, but Glenn can explain if he chooses and I will post it.

Again, I don't need more responses against Glenn. If you feel the NFFC is being unfair here, then we definitely welcome those responses. But we have enough of the other responses.

And let me just say that I sincerely apologize to those NFFC owners who feel they are being "harrassed" by these constant emails. Trust me, I know the feeling. We all love a good fantasy football smackdown now and then, but I honestly believe this time Glenn has gone beyond good fun. This latest accusation is damning and I'm beyond tired of it. We have a very good thing going here with STATS, the NFFC, the NFBC and more, yet to have our upper management and legal team have to spend their valuable time dealing with one instance jeopardizes more than the participation of one person on the message boards.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

Snake emails

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:21 am

Not piling on....

You shouldnt have to justify this ....PERIOD.

The NFFC is FANTASTIC and if this owner was allowed to stay here, he would stay the same. Everyone should let him take his ball and go home. IGNORE HIM.....I know from me that sounds funny, but that is what I have done for a month with daily texts, emails, voicemails, etc.

We all know what the NFFC is about, and it will continue to thrive without him. Hid accusations are ludicrous and comparable to believing in unicorns, knowing where Hoffa is buried and who killed Kennedy.....good luck.

At Jets-Chargers game and having a great time with Frank, Jupinka, Glenn and others.

That is what this is all about.....friendships and football.

[ October 23, 2011, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Tom Kessenich

Snake emails

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:23 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
There isn't. I asked Tom about this before. There is a $250 satellite where they had to call the guy (another weirdo, not Glenn) because of his actions, after 1 week he called the NFFC a scam and made a post on ripoff report.com. He made 30+ posts on the league board within 2 weeks and the rest of the league had 4.

Tom or Greg called him up because he was claiming the NFFC ripped him off. Then the posts stopped but I got 18 emails from him through the "email league" option calling my wife a fat pig and more...

Good times, good times...

So no, they said I can't turn off the email option, just hide it it from view. Just in case there is any confusion, this post isn't referring to Glenn Karant. It's about another owner in a satellite league who was creating problems earlier in the season. Glenn's not even in a $250 satellite league so no one should assume this post was referring to any behavior on his part.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Snake emails

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:30 am

The owner referred to in the post above also made false statements about the NFFC, which we'll clarify shortly. He stated that he was an Arizona resident and wouldn't be legally allowed to get paid if he won. That's totally false. We have paid Arizona residents in the past and they have claimed their winnings as earned income just like owners in the other 49 states have done. NO STATE views fantasy football as illegal. NONE. There are states with vague wording about gambling in their state laws and thus some fantasy contests just avoid them, but our contest runs exactly as is mandated in the fantasy carveout language of the Anti-Internet Gambling Bill and we file every winning for every owner with the IRS. His claims are not correct and again is damning to the NFFC.

People feel they can just throw out these statements as truth and then mass email them to their leaguemates as gospel. Thankfully the written word is protected by libel laws. I definitely take these accusations against our contest very seriously.