NFFC Notables

Diesel

NFFC Notables

Post by Diesel » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:59 pm

A lot of hard work goes into Fantasy Football, but a little luck helps...Looking into the standings I found a few interesting notables...

*Detroit Adroit: 6-0, with 744.85

*The Fall Guys: 1-5, with 751.75

Comparable scoring teams, yet major differences in win/losses. OUCH. The Fall Guys dropped Tom K. from their Christmas card list for league selection...LOL
---------------------------------------

*Team Brown: 3-3, with 577.15

*The Angry Drunken Dwarfs: 3-3, with 877.95

Same win/losses, yet a MAJOR difference in scoring. If these two teams went head to head, I wonder who'd come out on top? ;)

-------------------------------------------------

*Team Cameron, best 0-6 team in the NFFC with 698.75 points.

*Donation, worst 0-6 team in the NFFC with 579.95.

When the wins don't come your way, it's still all about the points.
---------------------------------------------

*Shrink Attack, best 6-0 team, with 991.70.

*Detroit Adroit, "worst" 6-0 team(is there such a thing?), with 744.85.

A difference of 246.85 points. 41 points per week more for Shrink Attack. :eek:

---------------------------------------------

What does all this mean? That I have too much time on my hands tonight... :D
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:03 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
A lot of hard work goes into Fantasy Football unfortunately hard work does not equate to success in fantasy football, at least not this year :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

pizzatyme

NFFC Notables

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:05 am

Potent Potables for $200 Alex. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

bald is beautiful

NFFC Notables

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:57 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
A lot of hard work goes into Fantasy Football unfortunately hard work does not equate to success in fantasy football, at least not this year :D [/QUOTE]Clearly, you are speaking just for yourself.

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:04 am

If I may butt in here, no I don't think that he is. Injuries have not only knocked down many frontline star players but also the capable backups who have been filling in for them as well, like Sammy Morris, Brandon Jones, etc., thus leaving many teams too thin to realistically compete. The bottom line this season is simple really; the teams that stay the healthiest will be the teams that compete the strongest. While I know that this statement is true to a certain extent every year, this year has taken it to a WHOLE new, unprecedented level. Therefore unfortunately, luck (staying injury-free) plays an even greater role in a FF owner's success than skill does this year.

Quahogs

NFFC Notables

Post by Quahogs » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:06 am

Great facts Big D. Head to head is a lot of fun but thank goodness for the total points and the top 10% thingy.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:12 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
A lot of hard work goes into Fantasy Football unfortunately hard work does not equate to success in fantasy football, at least not this year :D [/QUOTE]Clearly, you are speaking just for yourself.
[/QUOTE]negative. talk to andre johnson owners, amongst others.

[ October 17, 2007, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

renman

NFFC Notables

Post by renman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:14 am

I agree this year has been an unusual year in terms of injury, even one of the worst I can remember in years. However I think we all would agree that does not mean we can blanket statement that all success this year will be based on good or bad injury fortune. We all at times as serious fantasy players have made great moves to overcome injuries. Those who put together teams that stayed healthy still needed to pick players that produced well enough to breed success.

There is no doubt that some teams have been rocked by injuries so disasterous that it cannot be overcome (my wcoff team being one), or they have not yet been able to overcome (season still not even half way done). I guess the point I am making is that I am sure there are SOME teams near the top of the standings who also have been hurt by injury but made great free agent pickups or made great later round draft picks that panned out to provide the depth needed to cover for the injuries.

There is a skill in that which should be applauded.

[ October 17, 2007, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:20 am

the bigtime breakouts to date are A.Peterson and R.Moss. they are floating a lot of teams to the top. entering draft day, both were huge question marks. if anyone took peterson in the 3rd or moss in the 4th, kudos to you for showcasing your skillz.

for owners who got either player later than that, there was very little skilled involved.

[ October 17, 2007, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

BillyWaz

NFFC Notables

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:22 am

Originally posted by SNAKE II:
If I may butt in here, no I don't think that he is. Injuries have not only knocked down many frontline star players but also the capable backups who have been filling in for them as well, like Sammy Morris, Brandon Jones, etc., thus leaving many teams too thin to realistically compete. The bottom line this season is simple really; the teams that stay the healthiest will be the teams that compete the strongest. While I know that this statement is true to a certain extent every year, this year has taken it to a WHOLE new, unprecedented level. Therefore unfortunately, luck (staying injury-free) plays an even greater role in a FF owner's success than skill does this year. Are you just passing this message on from Snake (since he coincidentally owns Sammy Morris and Brandon Jones :rolleyes: ), or has Snake begun to NOT talk in the 3rd person??? :eek:

Breaking your "week hiatus" would be worth it if the latter is the case! :D