NFFC Notables

sportsbettingman

NFFC Notables

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:10 am

You project the future based on the past...tons of room for error.

You cannot foresee how a coach/OC calls a game.

You cannot foresee how a coach/OC adjusts to calling a game...nor how they will play with a lead or from behind or in a tight game.

You cannot foresee the impact of minor to major injuries to your player, your players teammates, and even the injuries to the DEF of you players team.

You cannot predict when a FLAG will wipe away an extraordinary play.

You cannot foresee the varying moods or inspiration of the players or coaches.

You cannot select your draft pick nor predict how your league will draft.

You cannot hand pick your league mates which has a BIG impact on your success.

If you are drafting from the ends...you often have to reach for players you covet that will not make it back to you...even though their ADP isn't close.

You are sometimes pressured into a run on a position, when other leagues would not have had that flow.

So many more variables to state 99% skill.

Ludicrous.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:10 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Psych studies consistently show that when people are winning they attribute success to skill or some innate ability to predict the future, and when they are losing they attribute it to bad luck. Bingo.

When succeeding it's "look what I've done"
When failing is "Look what they've done to me"

Applies to many different areas of life.

3'
[/QUOTE]So sorry to interject here on SNAKE's behalf once again but he sent me an e-mail stating that even when SNAKE was in the Top 10 for the first three weeks in the NFFC Main he was still stating the same about skill/luck in FF and that you can refer back to past posts of his for reference if you so desire. He also wrote that belief does not diminish his (nor should it anybody's), love and passion for the game.

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:12 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
You project the future based on the past...tons of room for error.

You cannot foresee how a coach/OC calls a game.

You cannot foresee how a coach/OC adjusts to calling a game...nor how they will play with a lead or from behind or in a tight game.

You cannot foresee the impact of minor to major injuries to your player, your players teammates, and even the injuries to the DEF of you players team.

You cannot predict when a FLAG will wipe away an extraordinary play.

You cannot foresee the varying moods or inspiration of the players or coaches.

You cannot select your draft pick nor predict how your league will draft.

You cannot hand pick your league mates which has a BIG impact on your success.

If you are drafting from the ends...you often have to reach for players you covet that will not make it back to you...even though their ADP isn't close.

You are sometimes pressured into a run on a position, when other leagues would not have had that flow.

So many more variables to state 99% skill.

Ludicrous.

~Lance You forgot the BIGGEST one - INJURIES.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:14 am

snake 2: will snake 1 join the main event next year if he misses out on the playoffs this year?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

sportsbettingman

NFFC Notables

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
If Fantasy Football was 99% skill...wouldn't the top skilled players win 99% of the time?

Not talking profiting 99% of the years...but winning 99% of leagues entered.

99% my ass.

Closer to 65% skill than 99% IMO.

~Lance I hate the skill vs. luck talk, as you can tell Lance. But let's relate fantasy football to the NFL. What percentage is skill and what percentage is luck in the NFL? Hell, the Patriots look like 99% skill, whereas the Green Bay Packers might be 70% skill. Like the game itself, you have to be good to succeed, but you also need Lady Luck on your side, with injuries, with the way the ball bounces and with the calls from the officials. It's such a crazy game, which is why we love it so much.

For everyone to put a percentage on the level of luck in fantasy football is a total waste of time because there's luck involved in winning NFL games too. Even the most successful fantasy football owners don't succeed in every league every year, so obviously luck does play a factor in the game. I think EVERYONE understands that. To determine that percentage is foolish because it's impossible. Now fantasy baseball is a little different game and luck is less involved there than football, most would agree.

But I do agree with your "99% my ass" ass-essment!! :D
[/QUOTE]Sorry Greg.

I agree this is a bad argument for law based stuff...but I think having the luck involved is great for business. If it were all skill...you'd have 100 people playing, as the losers would play a few times, and quit.

WE don't game plan a game, nor take the field. Real NFL football is skill based...they actually have the game and decision making in their hands.

Sorry again, Greg. :D

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
snake 2: will snake 1 join the main event next year if he misses out on the playoffs this year? SNAKE wrote; "of course" but added that he has every intention on being in The Championship Round and then some this year IF his "focking players can get/stay/remain somewhat reasonably healthy". He also stated that he is currently enjoying GREAT success in The $650 Tampa Auction League, The Super Satellite DC28, The SNAKE Classic & The Magazine II League as well and attributes this fact to about 60%-65% luck.

sportsbettingman

NFFC Notables

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:21 am

"No hiding in the reeds at the banks of Crymea river."

Nice line! :D

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Notables

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
snake 2: will snake 1 join the main event next year if he misses out on the playoffs this year? He talks in the third person, so could you please ask SNAKE 3 to relay to SNAKE 2 to ask SNAKE 1 this question? :D Since he was wrong on both STONE COLD LOCKS this week, does this mean he's off the boards for two weeks? ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:30 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
snake 2: will snake 1 join the main event next year if he misses out on the playoffs this year? He talks in the third person, so could you please ask SNAKE 3 to relay to SNAKE 2 to ask SNAKE 1 this question? :D Since he was wrong on both STONE COLD LOCKS this week, does this mean he's off the boards for two weeks? ;) [/QUOTE]:D :D :D

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:31 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
snake 2: will snake 1 join the main event next year if he misses out on the playoffs this year? He talks in the third person, so could you please ask SNAKE 3 to relay to SNAKE 2 to ask SNAKE 1 this question? :D Since he was wrong on both STONE COLD LOCKS this week, does this mean he's off the boards for two weeks? ;) [/QUOTE]Greg if you ever see a MB request come across your desk with the name Snake 58, will you approve it? when do u draw the line? ;)