NFFC Notables

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:07 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Psych studies consistently show that when people are winning they attribute success to skill or some innate ability to predict the future, and when they are losing they attribute it to bad luck. Absolute best statement I've seen related to this topic. Now that you've taken the toys out of the playpen Kevin....the kids will have to find something else to fight over. ;)

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:09 am

Originally posted by Primo:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
I know I am having a pretty good season, are there any or many others who did well last year who are also now in the top 32? No...but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night. :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]Are renman and T.O. somehow related? :rolleyes:

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:23 am

Snake II......as it's well documented in his MB auto-biography that renman is in the top 32.. 2 years in a row. Does Snake I now display a poster of renman on his bathroom wall in admiration....or does this cross boundaries stated in the narcissist club that both are members of. :eek:

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:37 am

Originally posted by SNAKE II:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
If there is this much LUCK involved.. I look forward to when Greg and Tom start other high stakes contests like the "National Coin Clipping Championships" and the "National Paper-Rock-Sissors Championships"

In 2005 I left my NFFC draft thinking I put together the best team of my life based on ADP's and where I got guys. My team "on paper" looked amazing and deep. This team fell on its face. I did get hit hard with bad injuries but I also took Kevin Jones the year he was to be the next big thing and he was horrible and I took J.J. Arrington in the 4th round (I got him later than anyone else in the NFFC) and we all know how that ended up. I had a horrible year. Was it bad luck? No, it was me learning not to wait so long for WR's in the NFFC and not to place that much dependency on RB's in offensive systems I can't trust. According to SNAKE, this post of yours is irrelevant as you never address the issue(s) HERE directly as this portion of the luck debate that is raging here is indeed "NOT about poor drafting but rather about injuries". He also stated that you always seem to make every post, no matter what the subject matter or direction is, about you.
[/QUOTE]Good call...not that everyone else didn't already know it.
After all...isn't this a typical renman post:

"...I...me..me..I...myself....I...I...I..me....me again...very skilled.....I...I...my plan....my thoughts....my draft...I...me....my skills....my ranking...I...I...and finally what I like to talk about most...ME!"

Quahogs

NFFC Notables

Post by Quahogs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55 am

Hee Haw Route C!!! :D C'mon Route C, you know there is no I in Rinmin !

pizzatyme

NFFC Notables

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 am

RC is on a rollllllll!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

NFFC Notables

Post by renman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:32 am

Route C,

The reason I specified that I am having a pretty good season is because I KNOW there are some CHICKS here who are feeble and fragile and insecure and threatened by anyone who wants to talk mainly about fantasy football OR by anyone who is having a good season. I knew someone would say "HAHAHA renman wants to talk about his team and wants someone to notice he is doing well that is why he asked if anyone from last seasons top 32 is in there again this year, hahahahah I am so cool for figuring this out!..." By the way, I was in the top 32 in year one of the NFFC as well since you seem to be keeping track.

Listen, I don't know who you are, what your team name is, or how you are doing. Based on how you behave here one would assume not well (though you could be in the top 5 for all I know). If you want help preparing for a fantasy football draft private message me. I can help you. For some reason it bothers you that I have done well. Would it make you feel better if I dropped a good player? Want me to start someone on a bye?

While you guys want to talk about Snake all day, I sort of prefer talking about fantasy football, the NFFC, and the NFL. Why snake is ever even a topic here is beyond me. I am amazed he is even addressed half the time. By the way, I have never once mentioned my "ranking" and frankly don't know what that means or where that info is found. From what I have read here "rankings" seem to benefit people who are in many NFFC leagues. I have only played in 4 complete NFFC leagues prior to this season. This is why I frequent this board less. SO FEW GUYS WANT TO TALK NFL or NFFC football. Even threads that Tom starts (vibes) often erode into moron talk.

Again, I am sorry I have done well. I don't know what else to say to appease you. The topic of the thread is NFFC noteables. The discussion was about luck vs skill. It morphed into teams who have had success in the past not having success now. Which lead me to ask the FAIR QUESTION (non-fragile people would not be put off by this) of "who from last years top teams are also doing good now..." I find it hard to beleive I would be the only one.

Again, why this bothers you is a mystery to me. If you need fantasy football preparation or team managament help, private message me, no one would have to know.

[ October 18, 2007, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 am

Originally posted by renman:
Route C,

Listen, I don't know who you are, what your team name is, or how you are doing. I wonder why that is....hmmm....maybe because I never talk about myself...ya think! :rolleyes:

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:56 am

Route C,

I knew someone would say "HAHAHA renman wants to talk about his team and wants someone to notice he is doing well that is why he asked if anyone from last seasons top 32 is in there again this year, hahahahah I am so cool for figuring this out!..." Yet you wrote it anyway......LMAO :D

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:00 am

Route C,

While you guys want to talk about Snake all day, I sort of prefer talking about fantasy football, the NFFC, and the NFL. You forgot your favorite topic... renman