NFFC Notables

mkrucek

NFFC Notables

Post by mkrucek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:40 am

Originally posted by renman:
Riff,

I actually took what you said serious and went and checked my last 50 posts since they are pretty easily viewable. Outside of this thread where I am highlighting primitive behavior I don't make one post about my team at all.

-I talk about dumb NFL rules.
-I talk about topics of the day with Tom in his chats and vibes threads.
-I talk about the Kurt Warner derby
-I talk about why people should not give up on Brees.
-I talk about the fairness of 3RR.
-I talk about the roster expending issue.
-I have congratulated the top scoring teams of the week.
-I talked about the rash of injuries.
-I talked about how Jenkins is not a bum.
-I talked about the Brady-Moss connection profoundly impacting this fantasy season.
-I talk about the top team scoring high even with Steve Smiths 30+ points on his bench.

I have ONE thread where people asked about "who has a great bench" where I talked about my team in a couple posts.

I am not sure you could be more wrong if you tried to be wrong. :eek: :eek:
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:50 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I simply have no interest in talking about snake or the other mindless topics that come up here from time to time.[/QUOTE]Yet you continue to talk about them post after post. :confused:

mkrucek

NFFC Notables

Post by mkrucek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 am

Riff,

I actually took what you said serious and went and checked my last 50 posts since they are pretty easily viewable. Outside of this thread where I am highlighting primitive behavior I don't make one post about my team at all.

-I talk about dumb NFL rules and how they affect me.
-I talk about topics of the day with Tom in his chats and vibes threads and how they affect me.
-I talk about the Kurt Warner derby and how it affected me
-I talk about why people should not give up on Brees and how that affects me.
-I talk about the fairness of 3RR and how it affected my team.
-I talk about the roster expending issue and how it would not affect me.
-I have congratulated the top scoring teams of the week and compared them to mine.
-I talked about the rash of injuries and how it has not affected my team.
-I talked about how Jenkins is not a bum, at least to me.
-I talked about the Brady-Moss connection profoundly impacting my fantasy season.
-I talk about the top team scoring high even with Steve Smiths 30+ points on his bench and how well my team has done the last couple of years.

I have ONE thread where people asked about "who has a great bench" where I talked about my team in a couple hundred posts.

I am not sure you could be more wrong if you tried to talk about me. Fixed :D
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

pizzatyme

NFFC Notables

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:59 am

Can't we all just get along? Ofcourse we are most concerned about our own teams. And we have limited concern for others', that's the nature of this beast.

If a poster bugs you, ignore them.

The ongoing squabbles are mind numbing and ad no value to this forum.

I try to come here to discuss football in general, and fantasy football in particular with other who share my passion for the sport.

It seems to be getting more and more difficult to come here. This could be a part of the reason that there are 400+ participants in this game, yet only 30 or so regular posters.

Let's talk football. :cool:
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KOTRAX

NFFC Notables

Post by KOTRAX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:01 am

YOU MAKE EXCELLENT POINTS RUSS. I AGREE WITH YOU.

RiFF

NFFC Notables

Post by RiFF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:02 am

Renman, I'm certainly not going to spend any time researching your posts. I have absolutely no doubt that when you are posting two or three sentence responses that there is not adequate space for you to trumpet your accomplishments. And these, as most posts here, are gleaned over and forgotten. But when someone rants on for 3 or 4 paragraghs and most of the content is dedicated to self congratulation, intended or not, you tend to remember those. So you are probably correct, most of your "minor" posts don't include self back-patting but the majority of your "lengthy" rants seem to. Which again, I have absolutely no problem with, but that is my perception.

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:14 am

I never came here talking about my team, route C invents that in his head. [/QUOTE]I suppose I invented this post from a few pages back:

If there is this much LUCK involved.. I look forward to when Greg and Tom start other high stakes contests like the "National Coin Clipping Championships" and the "National Paper-Rock-Sissors Championships"

In 2005 I left my NFFC draft thinking I put together the best team of my life based on ADP's and where I got guys. My team "on paper" looked amazing and deep. This team fell on its face. I did get hit hard with bad injuries but I also took Kevin Jones the year he was to be the next big thing and he was horrible and I took J.J. Arrington in the 4th round (I got him later than anyone else in the NFFC) and we all know how that ended up. I had a horrible year. Was it bad luck? No, it was me learning not to wait so long for WR's in the NFFC and not to place that much dependency on RB's in offensive systems I can't trust.

Facts are facts renman ...now stop lying and break that vicious cycle of denial you're stuck in.

As a self help excersise re-read your above post and count how many times you wrote..I, me, my ect..

Who's the liar now renman or should I just call you Mr. Waffle.

[ October 18, 2007, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Route Collectors

NFFC Notables

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:19 am

route c repeatedly whines about me as if I am here talking about my team constantly when no one sane would think that. [/QUOTE]Take a poll and find out Mr. predictable LMAO.

Nag'

NFFC Notables

Post by Nag' » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:21 am

For the record, if given a choice of reading posts by various MB personalities, expressing their "individuality" on this board, I have absolutely ZERO problem with renman constantly talking about himself, if that is in fact what he does, and would rather read his posts over many of those I formerly mentioned.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:26 am

Originally posted by Nag':
For the record, if given a choice of reading posts by various MB personalities, expressing their "individuality" on this board, I have absolutely ZERO problem with renman constantly talking about himself, if that is in fact what he does, and would rather read his posts over many of those I formerly mentioned. where do i fall mr nag?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?