UFFC's top 12 RBs for 2008 (Pre draft)

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:20 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I think Maroney's numbers DO go up (they can't possibly be worse), and instead of being a guy on the turn (or earlier in some cases last year :eek: ) he now respresents some possible value.

That all being said, I agree Johnny, that he will NEVER be a guy who catches more than 20-25 passes in that offense, and therefore doesn't have a great deal of upside, as it will be VERY easy to be "gun shy" after this season. The sammy the Vulture factor could be there also. He was getting them till he got hurt. Don't know what kind of role sammy will have after the injury. Or if New England gets another back in the draft.

You guys Know, After the NFL draft is when we can really put are rankings together.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I think Maroney's numbers DO go up (they can't possibly be worse), and instead of being a guy on the turn (or earlier in some cases last year :eek: ) he now respresents some possible value.

That all being said, I agree Johnny, that he will NEVER be a guy who catches more than 20-25 passes in that offense, and therefore doesn't have a great deal of upside, as it will be VERY easy to be "gun shy" after this season. [/QUOTEhow old is Faulk anyway?...SNAKE
I don't know Snake, but I don't think it matters.

He is one of those guys that ALWAYS gets a first down when needed, and does all the things that go completely unnoticed.

Of course he is pretty obsolete when it comes to fantasy production, but he is a gamer and will take his fair share when it comes to RB's catching balls in the passing game.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:36 pm

Yes, what if Belicheat decides this is the year of the RB? Maroney could be a goldmine (if healthy, which is a big if!).

IMO, that could make the passing game even better. Imagine the Pats passing attack efficiency if Defenses had to respect the run?!

The Pats last year looked a lot like my Colts of '84. My guess is Belicheat learned his lesson and gets back to a more balanced offense.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:39 pm

BTW, thanks for getting this thread back on track!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:44 pm

Snake, my concern with LJ is that I see the Chiefs being in the cellar this year in their division. No matter how good LJ is, weak QB play, bad line, and average defense is a recipe for disaster.

In contrast, Adrian Peterson, has a weak QB, however, his line, and defense are very good. So, the team is in the game longer, giving him the chance to run.

The Chiefs won't be able to run when their 14 at halftime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:10 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Snake, my concern with LJ is that I see the Chiefs being in the cellar this year in their division. No matter how good LJ is, weak QB play, bad line, and average defense is a recipe for disaster.

In contrast, Adrian Peterson, has a weak QB, however, his line, and defense are very good. So, the team is in the game longer, giving him the chance to run.

The Chiefs won't be able to run when their 14 at halftime. I couldn't agree more about LJ, Russ. I hope there are MANY more like Snake who are high on him this year, and take him based on his name recognition.

As for AP, I also agree, but the rest of the offense is putrid. Also technically in a time share with Taylor, so I can't justify taking him over the other "top 4". But if I was at #5, I don't think I could pass as eventually "unbelieveable talent" is too much to pass up.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:30 am

BW, only thing I'll say is Berrian adds more to the offense than I hope he is given credit for. I hear there is a chance Frerotte signs in Minny. T. Jackson needs to step up or I'd guess he is on a short leash.

I swear, the Vikes, IMO are better off going with a veteran like Frerotte or Jeff George even. They could make a real push in the NFC this season.

The more I look at it, the more I'm liking the KDS #5 spot this year.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:45 am

Jeff George??? :eek:

I LOVE the "gunslinger", but I think he is officially done.

Agree that Frerotte would be a CONSIDERABLE upgrade.

The 5 hole is without question the best spot if you have no preference in the top 5 (I know... duh!) I personally think we will see a lot of Addai and Westy in that spot, and you can't go wrong with either of them! :D