UFFC's top 12 RBs for 2008 (Pre draft)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:51 am

L.White in the 5th...F.Taylor and J.Lewis in the 6th round. As crazy as that sounds now....thats where thet went in my league lasy year.

I have a feeling there will be a couple of guys that late again this year.

I'm not down with the #5 slot because I think you miss out on a few options in the 4th round that will be a huge deal. After the first 3 maybe 4 I'm ready to move to the back of the draft.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:01 am

Lewis in the 6th???? :eek: He went at 5.01 in my league, and I would have taken him in the 4th had Ahman Green not been there! :mad:

I can't recall him going that late in even the early satellites. Then again, guys always slip in the Main (I got Freddy T in the 7th).

There are ALWAYS guys like this late at RB, it is just a matter of finding them.

I think once the media and ADP come out Jeff, you will be able to get those guys you like, as there will no doubt be guys "pushed up", and "your guys" will slide.

[ April 05, 2008, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:21 am

Another reason to like Maroney is his division. The Jets..Bills and Phins finished in the bottom 1/3 of the league vs. the run.

Even if all 3 are vastly improved I dont see them jumping into the top 1/3 in one season.

With that in mind..LT's division rivals were all in the bottom 5. :eek:

6 games against that track record is hard to overlook.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:34 am

I no way, shape, or form was I saying YOU like him based on name recognition, but I suppose I could see how you took it that way. Try not to read into too much Snake, as it is only going to cause problems. EVERYTHING I say doesn't need to be scrutinized with a fine tooth comb or responded to.

That all being said, I think you will be lumped in with those who WILL take LJ on his name (again, NOT saying that is why you like him), and therefore might not get him as late as you like this year.

If you were sitting at 5, would you take him over one of the "fabulous 5"?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:45 am

Originally posted by Route C:
With that in mind..LT's division rivals were all in the bottom 5. :eek:

6 games against that track record is hard to overlook. Especially when you don't have to go against your OWN run D (SD- who is always tough!)

Add that SD gets the AFC East AND NFC South, and that is SEVEN more games against some pretty soft run D's (minus NE of course). Add the 6 weak division opponents, and that is 13 games against some real softies! (Indy, NE, and Pitt) are the others.

Should be enough to keep LT on the #1 perch! :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:34 am

Larry Johnson over LT???.... WOW! :eek:

Well, that is good news for you in the auction, as he will come at a CONSIDERABLE discount from the LT, and the other aforementioned backs.

I notice you didn't mention Westbrook. Surely you wouldn't take LJ over your 2007 "bellcow"? :D