ZMan v. BWaz - Who is your $ on?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 am

Originally posted by Z-Men:
I'm facing B-WAZ this week in NFFC classic. I'm totally out of the competition to win the league, but, as always, I put in appropriate bids to set my best starting lineup each week.

This week my starting QB Jeff Garcia is on a bye and my backup Hasselbeck is injured. So I bid on all the available NFL starting QBs in free agency with my remaining $3 budget.

I check my linup today and notice I didn't get any of the QBs in free agency, and there were a lot of them!

Why?

B-WAZ scoops up EVERY remaining QB for $4 each. I think he has 5 QBs on his roster right now.

The result?

B-WAZ now faces a Z-Men team that doesn't have a starting QB in the lineup.

B-WAZ = Brilliance at its finest. -z- Non left? If true, that was a great block.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 am

zmen - BWaz put you through the shredder
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:13 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
zmen - BWaz put you through the shredder I was actually shredded 5 weeks ago by the entire league. This week B-WAZ picked up the shredded pieces and stuck 'em through the shredder machine again. -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:21 am

I am wondering if this tactic was done by someone outside the "Chum-chum" club, how much praise it would get? I am guessing it would be the complete opposite and would be called unethical
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:39 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
I am wondering if this tactic was done by someone outside the "Chum-chum" club, how much praise it would get? I am guessing it would be the complete opposite and would be called unethical I'm not sure who is in or out of the Club to which you speak Fish, but I think it's good strategy no matter who does it - especially considering Bwazz can lock up a playoff spot this week with a W.

And the strategy really is to lock out the guys still in the running - KOQ, myself (longshot), and one or two others, shouldn't make a bit of difference to Zman himself, he's already eliminated.

[ November 07, 2008, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:55 am

I am wondering if this tactic was done by someone outside the "Chum-chum" club, how much praise it would get? I am guessing it would be the complete opposite and would be called unethical One of the reasons I don't mind drafting 3 QB's now.

I did some blocking this week also on a guy that lost Schaub and D.Anderson and only had 56 faab left.

He's 70 points behind me and if he spent too much faab, that's his problem to be exploited.

I had it done to me year one and learned the lesson the hard way.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 am

I am wondering if this tactic was done by someone outside the "Chum-chum" club, how much praise it would get? I am guessing it would be the complete opposite and would be called unethical Fisher - this contest we are in is a game. The object is to win. Not compete, but WIN. This is a fantastic strategy he pulled off. There is nothing unethical about it.

Do you hold off on buying hotels in Monopoly because the other players are short on money? No

Do you pass on taking someone's queen in chess because the person is short on pieces? No

My 9 year old daughter ALMOST beat me the other night in a good strategy game that noone in the family has beaten me at yet. She played highly aggressively. I praised her for playing that way - because the point is to win.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:02 am

Jack,

She is 9, let her win at least once.

By the way, what game?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:05 am

She'll win soon enough. She takes me down in Yahtzee every time we play, so no mercy in this one - Blokus.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:05 am

Sometimes you play to win ... sometimes it's a friendly game. The NFFC is competition at it's highest level. Nice move by BWazz.
Hakuna Matata!