ZMan v. BWaz - Who is your $ on?

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Who is this Snake you talk about?

John Who is this $nake u ask ?

Well he is a Superhero on the Hall of Justice side.

Scaley, sleek, fleet footed are a few of the attributes.

Spiderman has his web...$nake has his own super weapon to battle opposing fantasy football players from the Legion of Doom...and its the KCH, which is used much in the same way that Wonder Woman throws her lasso around.....Prepared to battle the Serpent....and you may get roped in by the KCH until his RB's and WR's go off on you and make you wish you picked up a better Free agent.

No force of nature can stop this reptile, not a hurricane nor the cold whipping wind & snow of Green Bay....

Hide the women and children....

because $nake will steal your face when you least expect it.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 am

Fi$her,

I do not think Snake was in either of these leagues. However, congrats on his success this year.

To answer Sollan's question, one team did cash out in both of these "high power" leagues.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Sollan:
So how did these leagues turn out?
I doubt anybody won both.
Did someone at least win money in both? I think in all the confusion that everyone just realized that neither of them is the best ....and in dramatic & climatic Hollywood ending, it seems that none other than the humble one, who preaches both peace & harmony from Labor Day till Christmas Day, a serpent has risen to the top, a Super hero for the game of fantasy football....

and his name is $nake
[/QUOTE]This is some pretty funny stuff Fi$her!

That all being said this thread was started because Z-man was the #1 ranked player in WCOFF, and I was the lifetime standings leader in the NFFC coming into the season. If you look back I said that many other teams were being slighted including KOQ, Lumpy, etc. and that didn't even include Dan Thomas who has been phenomenal this year. To have the current top 3 in lifetime standings in the SAME LEAGUE, along with the top ranked player in WCOFF, and many other great owners (again, including Dan Thomas who was AWESOME!)....I just can't see ever being in a more competitive league

I sensed a little sarcasm in your comments about Glenn (or you were just "stirring the pot".... not sure! ;) . For the record, Glenn K. has had an outstanding YEAR in the NFFC/NBC. Making both championship rounds this YEAR is a great accomplishment.

However, the point of THIS thread was to honor CONSISTENCY over YEARS (plural). Again, Glenn has been great THIS year, but if you were to look at 2006, he was one of the worst. All I can say is if Glenn continues to have years like this one, he will definitely have earned my respect. Until then, I'll take the "Cap Rooney's" of the NFFC (Jules McLean, Glenn Schroter, Derek Anderson, etc. - owners who win $$ EVERY year), over the "Willie Beamens"-ONE year of "lights out" football, but you gotta wonder if they can do it again?

In all honesty, I hope Glenn K. DOES have continued success, as I love the competition. :D

Best of luck to Glenn K. and the rest of the owners in the hunt for the $1 million! :D

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Billy Boy....

FI$HER is a combo platter of two first cousins, myself and the good ole' doc Ryan FI$HER. Our partnership was formed in 2002 in the inagural year of WCOFF. We proceeded to have most points in our division in 2002 & 2004. In 2004, I personally teamed up with another gent for the NFFC, and we did not have the same chemistry that my cousin and I had in WCOFF.

In 2005, FI$HER decided to take our fantasy football franchise exclusively to NFFC because we were sick and tired of the gheyness of the WCOFF owner. In that year, we had most points in our NFFC division and made the champ round. In 2006, we had the same results, champ round, and had a nice run until we ran into the wall known as Rob B (even though we had the winning roster,just not the winning starting roster).

2007 was a down year for FI$HER. It started out with Andre the Giant getting hurt after Week 3 of domination and us posting a 4-0 record. Everything went to the crapper with further injuries.

In 2008, same results as 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006....FI$HER surpassed the regular season mark and posted a team record of 1800+ points (This with 3RR and a walking cane LT2).

First and foremost, I would like to give props to my Cuz , Dr. FI$HER ....because he is the greatest fantasy football drafter on the planet....hands down. He deserves recognition and this is without taking away anything from your accomplishments.

Last but not least, can you do a running tally to see who has the most points during 2005, 2006 , 2007 and 2008 at the end of the season. Their may be a new sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie Hammond :cool:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:06 pm

...as for your 2006 comment here, well, that's a well documented SNAKEmulligan which ad nauseam was rum and xanax-induced...actually, now that SNAKE thinks of it, sort of like your NBC Main this season, 2008...SNAKE

Nice try Glenn, but even that my NBC was a disappointment (although coming on strong as of late), 106 out of 252 is not even in the same country as your 2006 performance (315 of 322...
:eek: !)

Not going to debate that or the "rum and xanax story", just simply stating that maybe things broke your way this year, and am just curious if you can do it again.

History says "no", but I honestly believe that you have the ability to be one of the "up and comers" in the NFFC.