WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

TradeStar28

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:28 pm

Lance,

What are your thoughts about Lenny deleting the entire thread that pertained to the situation ?

Is this comparable to a big corporation throwing documents into a paper shredder to reduce the negative sentiment that exists ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

King of Queens

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:33 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I doubt the solution could have been hammered out that fast.

You do realize the legalities involved?Lenny's "Explanation" mentioned nothing about legalities. I doubt they even consulted an attorney before reaching their decision.
[/QUOTE]If you are so foolish as to think this...I'm sorry.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise? A legal excuse would have provided a great explanation, but it was not mentioned in the only official post. Thus, I have to "foolishly" assume that an attorney was not consulted.

Hard heads

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Hard heads » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:35 pm

I think this all is a joke and Lenny is a joke. I have sat by and watched people attack him for petty reasons and thought in the back of my mind he handled that rather poorly, but it was a minor deal, ie live scoring going down. Now that he has handled himself in the same poor fashion I am thinking the precedent was already set and we now see the real Lenny.
Lance to say that it was a bigger deal to roll back the bids that shouldn't have been processed and redo it is an absolute joke. Bottom line is fewer people would have been affected by other owners upping bids and sniping players. The bigger deal is owners not even being allowed to bid on players. How can you not see that?

sportsbettingman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Originally posted by FISHER:
Lance,

What are your thoughts about Lenny deleting the entire thread that pertained to the situation ?

Is this comparable to a big corporation throwing documents into a paper shredder to reduce the negative sentiment that exists ? Considering I read every single post...I don't have much of a problem with it.

Most of it was negative childish crap...and tons of repetition.

If the posts didn't add to the solution...they were part of the problem.

What's done is done. The voting was clearly complete like 3 hours before people are still screwing up other threads trying to get their post count up to vote on something that was closed.

Too much bullshit...not enough problem solving.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:40 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
I doubt the solution could have been hammered out that fast.

You do realize the legalities involved?Lenny's "Explanation" mentioned nothing about legalities. I doubt they even consulted an attorney before reaching their decision.
[/QUOTE]If you are so foolish as to think this...I'm sorry.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise? A legal excuse would have provided a great explanation, but it was not mentioned in the only official post. Thus, I have to "foolishly" assume that an attorney was not consulted.
[/QUOTE]Why would they need to say it?

840 teams at $1600 each...$1,344,000.00 at stake.

Do you really believe they would not contact their attorney?

REALLY?

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:46 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
I think this all is a joke and Lenny is a joke. I have sat by and watched people attack him for petty reasons and thought in the back of my mind he handled that rather poorly, but it was a minor deal, ie live scoring going down. Now that he has handled himself in the same poor fashion I am thinking the precedent was already set and we now see the real Lenny.
Lance to say that it was a bigger deal to roll back the bids that shouldn't have been processed and redo it is an absolute joke. Bottom line is fewer people would have been affected by other owners upping bids and sniping players. The bigger deal is owners not even being allowed to bid on players. How can you not see that? Like was mentioned...the problem was also the softwares ability to accurately re-insert the bidding you wish to have re-inserted.

If this problem was not corrected perfectly...all hell would have broken loose.

If it could only have been wiped clean and re-started...every single owner who didn't log on and re-do their bidding IN THE FINAL 12 HOURS would have gone ballistic.

I'm not making excuses...it was weak...but I'm also not pretending to know the abilities of the software, etc.

~Lance

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:47 pm

Wouldn't the legal excuse be a great alibi, Lance? Any reason that you can see why they didn't use it?

sportsbettingman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:56 pm

You never show your hand until called in court.

~Lance

~Long John Silver

Hard heads

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Hard heads » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:57 pm

Well somehow someway this will bite them in the ass and they will play what they were dealt I guess.

TradeStar28

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:02 pm

Lance,

In 2006, WCOFF had 840 teams sign up for their Main event.

In 2007, do you see this figure increasing, decreasing or relatively staying unchanged after todays saga ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again