WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

TradeStar28

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:47 am

NFFC Team Owner happily sees that Free Agency was handled perfectly by Stats, Inc. once again in Week 9

WCOFF Team Owner after learning about the Free Agency Screwup
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Quahogs

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Quahogs » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:00 am

haha fisher.. King of Smileys...

Q

TradeStar28

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:06 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
haha fisher.. King of Smileys...

Q Leave the smileys up to me..but def. the pics up to you....I loved the 3 guys hiding in the cave pic
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

D-Day Heroes

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:18 am

Greg ..... I think that's a great point. All these guys that are so high on draft spots, should just join an " Auction League ". There is no Reason to Bitch and Moan about where you Draft in that League. As for me I love the combination of, The luck of the Draw and making the best of your Draft Spot. Again Glad to hear things are going well at Home and Thanks Again for Creating the best Fantasy league in the Game. ( PS ) I hope it dose not come across that I'm trying to kiss up. Its just that I'm so Glad you Guys put together a League like this. I'm sure it will whereof in a few years. Really though, I realize how much effort and Energy you must put into something like this and sometimes it may seem that guys just want to bitch and moan about crap, so I thought I would just try and balance that out by juicing your batteries every now and then. BTW... how did you come to settle on a 14 team league..??
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hard heads

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Hard heads » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:33 pm

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Hard heads:
Well count me in for 2007 Greg!
I was one of the minority on WCOFF I guess that saw the wrong in how things were decided and handled, but god forbid Lenny ever own up to such a gross mistake in judgement! I will register and be on the mailing list to hopefully get a spot next year. It appears at least one difference is the way things are run here with a little bit of class and integrity. Kudos to you and look forward to joining on.
Craig Williams
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo, Hard Heads! Jules, here...your League 53-mate from last year in the WCOFF (congrats again on the league championship!)
WELCOME TO THE NFFC!!
As you can already tell it is a vastly different climate.

The handling of yesterday's FA disaster by the WCOFF is completely UNACCEPTABLE in my book. I can't believe that opinion would put us in the minority! Anyway, you'll have a blast playing in the NFFC, see ya in Vegas!

Hey Jules! I saw you and Perry bantering in your league page and almost said Hi, but didn't want to intrude. I also almost popped off when Greg said get ready it's 14 team leagues and more of a challenge that I had spanked your current overall leader just last season, but didn't want to rehash old wounds. LOL I can definitely tell the difference in attitude already am looking forward to the chance at joining on! I am not playing recruit, but a couple of my league mates from this year have already visited the site and are very impressed. How about a referral fee Greg? ;)
Anyway, the silence over on the WCOFF boards is deafening! Not even long time vets like Cheif Brody, Turtle, Captain Hook have come to defend Lenny in this one. How are you fairing this year in WCOFF? My team started off hot 5-1 we lost Hasselbeck and have lost 2 in a row and are trwading water. Hope we can reel off some points and make the LCG and win some money on the way out. Talk to ya soon!

Greg Ambrosius

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:10 pm

Hard Heads, I can see that you're going to fit into the NFFC family just fine. Just fine!! :D Yes, we pay $100 per new referral, so tell me that Jules referred you and I'll pay her next year. Bring in some of your mates and I'll pay you $100 per new signup. You can buy them drinks with it, share it with them or whatever you want. The best form of advertising I can do is word-of-mouth from my current members who bring in new members. Sound like a deal?

Stay active on the boards and good luck the rest of the way in 2006. Oh, and we have no Events Fees here, unless you consider buying me Corona's on Draft Day an expense!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Hard heads

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Hard heads » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:22 pm

Well let me say thanks again Jules for having me look into the NFFC!
I have made three phone calls already and while the last thing I want is for the NFFC to get to big to handle(listening Lenny), I do think more people would enjoy this then they would that other site!
As for the Corona's, tell the bartender to cut some extra lime's next year!!!

btw, I did post a small query on the ask an NFFC question forum about the Flex position, did ya take a look?

ultimatefs

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:25 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
I amazed the kept the 8am bids and opened another round of bids for 8pm.

The easy way out I guess.

I would have e-mailed everyone right away and explained the problem, and cancelled the 8am bid awards.

I would have asked everyone to re-enter there bids.

I would have logged into every account and re-entered bids for those at work/away by hand. (I'd guess 60% would have been able to re-enter, leaving about 300 to do manually. It could have been up to 85% of the owners rebidding as customers love helping out)

I would have extended deadline to noon today. 8pm would have been to late.

I would have never put up a poll. The inmates don't run the asylum. Take suggestions? yes. Let them decide? no. John, they should hire you to manage their lge, since they don't seem to want to be bothered with any problems.

I really hate to see bad managers and poorly run businesses; I see way too many of them, and the way they operate (from what I have read) is all too familiar. Eventually, every shoddy owner gets themselves into trouble. It won't be the last time.

I like knowing my entry fee is in safe hands with Greg & Tom.
[/QUOTE]Thanks KJ..

Crap happens all the time.

It sucks when you have to deal with this stuff.

I've been there and it's 10x the work to do the right thing and I will always do the right thing.

I have no doubt Greg and Tom would do the right thing. That's why I played in WCOFF the first year only. And I'm so glad this didn't happen to Greg when he had much greater things on his plate this week. I'm glad to hear she's doing well.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

RedRyder

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by RedRyder » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:27 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Hard Heads, I can see that you're going to fit into the NFFC family just fine. Just fine!! :D Yes, we pay $100 per new referral, so tell me that Jules referred you and I'll pay her next year. Bring in some of your mates and I'll pay you $100 per new signup. You can buy them drinks with it, share it with them or whatever you want. The best form of advertising I can do is word-of-mouth from my current members who bring in new members. Sound like a deal?

Stay active on the boards and good luck the rest of the way in 2006. Oh, and we have no Events Fees here, unless you consider buying me Corona's on Draft Day an expense!! :D A cool Hundy!?! Who knew! That's a Satellite entry fee. Give me a shout out Hard Heads!!

And speaking of Satellites, Hard Heads, that's another thing I like about the NFFC, various options for Satellite leagues...check 'em out next year.
@RedRyder

ultimatefs

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:33 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
UFS, im in total agreement. Though is the above what you would do in your league or how you would have handled the WCOFF ? If it was the WCOFF scenario - if bids couldnt automatically be retracted so they had to be re-entered and there ended up being 15 teams that were missed being re-entered by you or entered incorrectly by you with unfavorable outcomes... teams that put in for a Def or a Kr on wednesday now have a hole through no fault of their own... ?
Q [/QB][/quote]

All things the same, I would have done what I posted in either.

Bids can't be retracted? I can't imagine any game software where you could not alter rosters (delete/add players) and FAAB totals.

They had the e-mails with all the bid info. It would be easy to re-enter the bids and double check for accuracy.

You would just start at League 1 and go to the final league.

On last comment, when I make a mistake, I do whatever it takes to correct it. E-mail, call, explain. Customers seem to like this. LOL.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.