robert meachem

Greg Ambrosius

robert meachem

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:59 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Just my silly imput...

Make a footnote in the rules..."must be on the field of play to get points awarded"

That way a "Team Defense" watching from the sidelines does not get credit for an offensive player (playing defensively) stripping a ball for a turnover or recovering a double fumble...I could care less how the NFL rules on it.

The second fumble recovery/strip simply would not count under a new fantasy rules setup.

If you wished to reward "action scoring" in the rare case of a TD...great! I'd guess folks would much rather push for "action scoring" in order to get the more common kickoff/punt return TD points, though.

These are just ideas for the future, as TEAMS drafted to play defense/special teams should not score fantasy points from the sidelines IMO. Points well taken Lance and again if we go with action scoring then it's double dipping on that special teams touchdown in some cases. Some folks like that, some don't.

I think Ormond makes a good point that in this case the defense scored the points when they weren't on the field. But when an interception is returned for a touchdown it counts against their points allowed in our scoring system and again they weren't on the field. So it happens, good and bad for the defense in these scenarios.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

gerardsambola

robert meachem

Post by gerardsambola » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 pm

i only posted 3 times on this i do not think that = 5 pages
gerard