CBS Sportsline.com IDP Industry League

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:01 am

I think your team looks great Greg!

Bush IS a steal at 12, and once you have him as your "home run hitter", Rudi is a perfect compliment of cinsistency each week.

How you got Fitz AND Housh is COMPLETELY beyond me?

Braylon is a nice #3, and your defensive players all have upside (although it appears you went "old school" with a few picks :D )

Not crazy about your QB's or TE's, but all in all, you got GREAT players.

As for 3RR, I actually think this draft worked more in your favor WITHOUT it. In round 3, is Reggie Wayne really that much of an upgrade over Fitzgerald? I would much rather have Fitz and Housh than Wayne and Burress (he was the last pick in round 4 where you would have picked wit 3RR).

Nice job! :D

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg I think you did very well, but the players on these boards would eat those writers for lunch.

?Carson Palmer in the 2nd
?Donovan McNabb in the 3rd (ahead of Brees AND Brady)
Those two silly picks pushed Fitz and Housh to you at the 3/4 turn - otherwise your choices would not have been as nice.

Not sure that the first drafter wasn't panicking about the loss of RB2 (which he shouldn't with LT), but I think his team would have been stronger with
Tomlinson, Wayne and Owens, instead of
Tomlinson, Jacobs and Wayne

Are you guys playing this out? I agree with this completely, but the bigger surprise to me in a PPR League was Greg being able to get Bush at 12 because 2 teams chose Manning and Maroney ahead of Bush. :eek:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:29 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg I think you did very well, but the players on these boards would eat those writers for lunch.

?Carson Palmer in the 2nd
?Donovan McNabb in the 3rd (ahead of Brees AND Brady)
Those two silly picks pushed Fitz and Housh to you at the 3/4 turn - otherwise your choices would not have been as nice.

Not sure that the first drafter wasn't panicking about the loss of RB2 (which he shouldn't with LT), but I think his team would have been stronger with
Tomlinson, Wayne and Owens, instead of
Tomlinson, Jacobs and Wayne

Are you guys playing this out? Agreed on LT2, T.O. and Wayne. That would have been tough to beat. Even Portis ahead of Jacobs would have been better, I think.

Yes, we are playing this out. Should be fun, but nine defensive starters always seems to screw things up.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 am

I also like Hansen's start: Gore, S Smith, Marv, Brady. And he didn't take Caddy in the 5th? Who did he take?

daveterp55

Post by daveterp55 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:45 am

I woulda went bush and chad...

Rudi is consistant but show me any team that can win a title with him on it...

He cant win games himself..

Terp

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:52 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
I also like Hansen's start: Gore, S Smith, Marv, Brady. And he didn't take Caddy in the 5th? Who did he take? He took DeAngelo Williams 52nd overall and then took LaMont Jordan in Round 6.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:16 pm

Greg - no KDS, but at least you got a better spot in WCOFF than here....

Welcome to the #7 hole

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:46 pm

One thing I don't see, is alot of Interception's coming from this squad.

Not to sure how the IDP leagues work but it looks like Greg tanked Int's and went for the Sacks with the DE's and the LB's :D
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:29 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
One thing I don't see, is alot of Interception's coming from this squad.

Not to sure how the IDP leagues work but it looks like Greg tanked Int's and went for the Sacks with the DE's and the LB's :D It's a point per tackle. I went for middle linebackers who make a lot of tackles. Forget about INTs when you can get a lot of points that way.