WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK OF THIS???

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:04 am

it comes down to this... if we are playing SERIOUS FANTASY FOOTBALL, then winning and losing is determined on football knowledge, scouting, good drafting, good team management and good luck....not finding a loop hole in the rules to screw another team from being able to field a team...

if we are playing HIGH SCHOOLER KIDDIE FANTASY FOOTBALL then you go by the "hey, if it aint against the rules then it's fine with me" idiocy...

when i win, i want it to be within the spirit of the game... not because i have unused FAAB money that i did not use well during the season and now can pick up 4 QB's or Kickers or the last 2 WR's that have value... even if i have no interest in them playing for my team nor do i need them... just to stymie some other team? thats high schooler fantasy football... i expect that in a yahoo league.. not a league among professionals....

some people have sporting integrity... and some do not...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:32 am

Originally posted by renman:
it comes down to this... if we are playing SERIOUS FANTASY FOOTBALL, then winning and losing is determined on football knowledge, scouting, good drafting, good team management and good luck....not finding a loop hole in the rules to screw another team from being able to field a team...

if we are playing HIGH SCHOOLER KIDDIE FANTASY FOOTBALL then you go by the "hey, if it aint against the rules then it's fine with me" idiocy...

when i win, i want it to be within the spirit of the game... not because i have unused FAAB money that i did not use well during the season and now can pick up 4 QB's or Kickers or the last 2 WR's that have value... even if i have no interest in them playing for my team nor do i need them... just to stymie some other team? thats high schooler fantasy football... i expect that in a yahoo league.. not a league among professionals....

some people have sporting integrity... and some do not... if we both play the nffc next year, i hope we can be in the same league. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:07 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

some people have sporting integrity... and some do not... if we both play the nffc next year, i hope we can be in the same league. thanks.
[/QUOTE]Don't tell me you are thinking of not playing next year Gekko!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:08 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Don't tell me you are thinking of not playing next year Gekko! every year i evaluate where i'm at and what looks most promising going forward. if the nffc enters the bizarro world by enacting the KD method, i'm one step closer to the door. no bs either. greg neds to do what's right for his event. i have to do what's right for me. simple as that.

greg did enact it for the nfbc (where draft slots are less important), and i told my "buddy" Brian who won the $100,000 NFBC grand prize this year, that i'm out for next year. only time will tell if i stick to my plan.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:36 am

I hate to throw this out since this thread has been spirited but the same things occur in pro sports as is going on here in regards to blocking although I would say it is more prevalent in MLB. Is there anyone on these boards who thinks that Jerry Jones or Al Davis would refuse to use any and all legal tactics to get to the Super Bowl regardless of the ethicalness? Collusion is illegal and unethical plain and simple but for owners to block other owners from getting players is a fact of pro sports and quite legal and ethical IMHO.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:07 am

I will not make posts or e-mails instructing or requesting an owner to act in any collusive way. I will simply provide public information and let people decipher the information, much like they would when reading a newspaper.

if the powers-at-large think differently, they need to make it CLEAR to EVERYONE what is not acceptable AND the consequences. Is this public information?? Both of these were attempts to get owners to spend more FAAB than maybe necessary.

I didn't see MB post until late Sat nite in Fresno. So I laughed. My bid was lower than $558. Don't know if you withdrew A.Smith bid.
LeonIsGettingLarger Marion Barber 485 415

Marion Barber Posted By: vagaries of perception
1. Marion Barber (RB) [Edit] $558 Nate Kaeding (K) [Edit] 10/28/2005 04:15 pm ET
Antowain Smith Posted By: vagaries of perception
1. Antowain Smith (RB) [Edit] $388 Tyrone Calico (WR) [Edit] 10/14/2005

[ December 02, 2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:11 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
I hate to throw this out since this thread has been spirited but the same things occur in pro sports as is going on here in regards to blocking although I would say it is more prevalent in MLB. Is there anyone on these boards who thinks that Jerry Jones or Al Davis would refuse to use any and all legal tactics to get to the Super Bowl regardless of the ethicalness? Collusion is illegal and unethical plain and simple but for owners to block other owners from getting players is a fact of pro sports and quite legal and ethical IMHO. Good points. Waiver blocking happens all the time in all sports. If someone spends too much FAAB, then they will suffer in many different ways. This being one of them.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:15 am

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Don't tell me you are thinking of not playing next year Gekko! every year i evaluate where i'm at and what looks most promising going forward. if the nffc enters the bizarro world by enacting the KD method, i'm one step closer to the door. no bs either. greg neds to do what's right for his event. i have to do what's right for me. simple as that.

greg did enact it for the nfbc (where draft slots are less important), and i told my "buddy" Brian who won the $100,000 NFBC grand prize this year, that i'm out for next year. only time will tell if i stick to my plan.
[/QUOTE]Would you like some cheese with those whines...?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:19 am

[ December 02, 2005, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]