WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK OF THIS???

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:25 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Don't tell me you are thinking of not playing next year Gekko! every year i evaluate where i'm at and what looks most promising going forward. if the nffc enters the bizarro world by enacting the KD method, i'm one step closer to the door. no bs either. greg neds to do what's right for his event. i have to do what's right for me. simple as that.

greg did enact it for the nfbc (where draft slots are less important), and i told my "buddy" Brian who won the $100,000 NFBC grand prize this year, that i'm out for next year. only time will tell if i stick to my plan.
[/QUOTE]Would you like some cheese with those whines...?
[/QUOTE]

:D
For Players. By Players.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:28 am

Originally posted by UFS:

I will not make posts or e-mails instructing or requesting an owner to act in any collusive way. I will simply provide public information and let people decipher the information, much like they would when reading a newspaper.

if the powers-at-large think differently, they need to make it CLEAR to EVERYONE what is not acceptable AND the consequences. Is this public information?? Both of these were attempts to get owners to spend more FAAB than maybe necessary.

I didn't see MB post until late Sat nite in Fresno. So I laughed. My bid was lower than $558. Don't know if you withdrew A.Smith bid.
LeonIsGettingLarger Marion Barber 485 415

Marion Barber Posted By: vagaries of perception
1. Marion Barber (RB) [Edit] $558 Nate Kaeding (K) [Edit] 10/28/2005 04:15 pm ET
Antowain Smith Posted By: vagaries of perception
1. Antowain Smith (RB) [Edit] $388 Tyrone Calico (WR) [Edit] 10/14/2005
[/QUOTE]This is pretty simple rule change, if Greg deems it necessary. It should read like this:

"Public or private communication concerning the speculative amount of bidding necessary to acquire a free agent is strictly forbidden. Violators will be subject to corrective action up to and including expulsion from the NFFC."

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:34 am

That's all good, but I agree with GG that there should not be e-mail addresses or league wide MB's.

The only exception is Dastardly Duo in Vegas auction. That picture they posted led to the demise of my team because I could not concentrate on my team after logging in. Why, oh why did they just change it?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:38 am

That's all good, but I agree with GG that there should not be e-mail addresses or league wide MB's.

The only exception is Dastardly Duo in Vegas auction. That picture they posted led to the demise of my team because I could not concentrate on my team after logging in. Why, oh why did they just change it? http://images.stats.com/get_logo.asp?lo ... lient-id=3
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:38 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Don't tell me you are thinking of not playing next year Gekko! every year i evaluate where i'm at and what looks most promising going forward. if the nffc enters the bizarro world by enacting the KD method, i'm one step closer to the door. no bs either. greg neds to do what's right for his event. i have to do what's right for me. simple as that.

greg did enact it for the nfbc (where draft slots are less important), and i told my "buddy" Brian who won the $100,000 NFBC grand prize this year, that i'm out for next year. only time will tell if i stick to my plan.
[/QUOTE]Now you and Walla Walla are bowing out because the system may be tweaked? Yikes, you're a tough bunch to please. I guess you and John always had similarities.

If you leave baseball over KDS, it's a good crutch, but no way does KDS play ANY factor in who wins the NFBC next year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:45 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Now you and Walla Walla are bowing out because the system may be tweaked? Yikes, you're a tough bunch to please. I guess you and John always had similarities.

If you leave baseball over KDS, it's a good crutch, but no way does KDS play ANY factor in who wins the NFBC next year.
[/QUOTE]Based on the poll, KDS looks like a winner!

In the words of Bob Marley,

"You can please some people sometimes, but you can't please all the people all the time!"

I know you will do the right thing Greg!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:47 am

Is this public information?? Both of these were attempts to get owners to spend more FAAB than maybe necessary.

I didn't see MB post until late Sat nite in Fresno. So I laughed. My bid was lower than $558. Don't know if you withdrew A.Smith bid.
LeonIsGettingLarger Marion Barber 485 415

Marion Barber Posted By: vagaries of perception
1. Marion Barber (RB) [Edit] $558 Nate Kaeding (K) [Edit] 10/28/2005 04:15 pm ET
Antowain Smith Posted By: vagaries of perception
1. Antowain Smith (RB) [Edit] $388 Tyrone Calico (WR) [Edit] 10/14/2005 perfectly legal
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:49 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Would you like some cheese with those whines...? so you don't periodically evaluate where you're at? you just blindly throw money at something? you sound like an NFL player who keeps playing until you get run out cause you lost your edge

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:52 am

hi nag.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:53 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
This is pretty simple rule change, if Greg deems it necessary. It should read like this:

"Public or private communication concerning the speculative amount of bidding necessary to acquire a free agent is strictly forbidden. Violators will be subject to corrective action up to and including expulsion from the NFFC." not necessary