WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK OF THIS???

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:24 am

Originally posted by UFS:
This type of stuff does not help Greg grow the event.no disrespect meant, but when i signed up for the event, i saw the ad that said "WIN $100,000", not "HELP GREG GROW THE EVENT". if both happen, then that's great

maybe you need to take your commish hat off more often and wear the gamer hat (which you are in this event).

[ December 02, 2005, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:44 am

it comes down to this... if we are playing SERIOUS FANTASY FOOTBALL, then winning and losing is determined on football knowledge, scouting, good drafting, good team management and good luck....not finding a loop hole in the rules to screw another team from being able to field a team...

if we are playing HIGH SCHOOLER KIDDIE FANTASY FOOTBALL then you go by the "hey, if it aint against the rules then it's fine with me" idiocy...

when i win, i want it to be within the spirit of the game... not because i have unused FAAB money that i did not use well during the season and now can pick up 4 QB's or Kickers or the last 2 WR's that have value... even if i have no interest in them playing for my team nor do i need them... just to stymie some other team? thats high schooler fantasy football... i expect that in a yahoo league.. not a league among professionals....

some people have sporting integrity... and some do not...

Greg...

Just brainstorming here. I asked this earlier and shocking got no answer and a few clowns mocked the question...

what would be the down side to limiting rosters to 3 Qb's, Kickers, or defenses at a time to curb some of this silliness?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:48 am

Renman, I can answer that without copying the post. Putting limits on roster management is not what I'm looking for. Flexibility and the ability to manage your roster anyway you want is the right way to go. I try to leave flexibility in baseball too when it comes to each owner's reserve roster.

Again, blocking in free agency is allowed and done in the pros all the time (MLB teams do it in August and September all the time). Colluding to block is not allowed.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:49 am

I think it's hilarious that Gekko, UFS and Z-Men wound up in the same league. Next year, I say we "randomly" assign Gekko, UFS, Nag and SNAKE together, just to see what happens.

What ever happened to Mr. Drafting to Win anyways?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[QB] [QUOTE]per your request, i will not question the KD method again.I'm not requesting that and I'm not advocating one system over another, as you know. It's just time to add something new to the debate other than the 14th owner doesn't get any input on his draft slot preference, thus it's flawed. Bottom line is he gets the same input as he does in straight random drawings.

I'll gladly leave well enough alone, but I also enjoy the feedback on the new ideas. And it's apparent that some owners aren't afraid to try new ways. We'll see how it plays out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:53 am

Originally posted by renman:
Just brainstorming here. I asked this earlier and shocking got no answer and a few clowns mocked the question...

what would be the down side to limiting rosters to 3 Qb's, Kickers, or defenses at a time to curb some of this silliness? Btw, since everyone here knows the infamous QB-blocking "scandal" of last year, involving myself, then some may (but likely not) remember that my main complaint was not that what was done to me was illegal, but what reprocussions it may have on the future and the potential for collusion that these types of scenarios can or will create. Well I'm not much of an "I told you so guy", but based on what's been happening....I told you so!!
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:56 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I think it's hilarious that Gekko, UFS and Z-Men wound up in the same league. Next year, I say we "randomly" assign Gekko, UFS, Nag and SNAKE together, just to see what happens.

What ever happened to Mr. Drafting to Win anyways? You have to be in the league too. Meatloaf has a team in that league also, but someone else had to draft, and he's in 1st.

ZMen has not been seen for awhile.

BTW, I would have put you on my Ferrari post, but I have not met you yet, but you certainly do keep this stuff fun.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:02 am

Originally posted by UFS:
Meatloaf has a team in that league also, but someone else had to draft, and he's in 1st.
he also blew all of his FA$ early. left him with rackers as his only kicker for the playoffs. :eek:

anyone else in that situation (with only rackers as your kicker)? hi nag

[ December 02, 2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:07 am

anyone else in that situation (with only rackers as your kicker)? hi nag Glad to see you're paying attention. That was a calculated risk, btw. I knew my team wasn't good enough to seriously compete in the next round anyway and I decided to stick with 1 kicker and keep depth at other positions. I also made a different decision here, with my NFFC team.

[ December 02, 2005, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:18 am

quote:Originally posted by UFS:
This type of stuff does not help Greg grow the event.no disrespect meant, but when i signed up for the event, i saw the ad that said "WIN $100,000", not "HELP GREG GROW THE EVENT". if both happen, then that's great

maybe you need to take your commish hat off more often and wear the gamer hat (which you are in this event).
[/QUOTE]Seems someone of your skill would not want to do anything to hinder the event because more people equals larger prizes.

The commish hat is sugically inplanted. The gamer hat is worn on top of it. My posts naturally will always have a commish slant to them.

I had both hats on for that post w/o a doubt.

Gamer hat because Greg has a great product here, and anything that taints it, collusion, being unethical, or whatever, is something I don't like seeing as a customer. And I've played just about every game there is.

Commish hat because I've seen about a dozen of your type over 20 years that put people down endlessly for no real reason other than to make themselves feel better for some reason. UFS flourished when then problem was corrected or removed. I see Greg going through the exact growing pains I did, and I owe it to him in many ways to lessen those pains. He's even starting to see them himself as he posted today. Someone pass him the barf bag.

[ December 02, 2005, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.