WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK OF THIS???

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:27 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
no disrespect meant, but when i signed up for the event, i saw the ad that said "WIN $100,000", not "HELP GREG GROW THE EVENT". if both happen, then that's great I could swear I heard you say on a number of occasions that the reason why you are so adamant about all your rule change suggestions was because you were so interested in making the event better, and thus, helping it grow. Guess you dont really mean some of the things you say.
For Players. By Players.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:34 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
This type of stuff does not help Greg grow the event.no disrespect meant, but when i signed up for the event, i saw the ad that said "WIN $100,000", not "HELP GREG GROW THE EVENT". if both happen, then that's great

maybe you need to take your commish hat off more often and wear the gamer hat (which you are in this event).
[/QUOTE]Seems someone of your skill would not want to do anything to hinder the event because more people equals larger prizes.

The commish hat is sugically inplanted. The gamer hat is worn on top of it. My posts naturally will always have a commish slant to them.

I had both hats on for that post w/o a doubt.

Gamer hat because Greg has a great product here, and anything that taints it, collusion, being unethical, or whatever, is something I don't like seeing as a customer. And I've played just about every game there is.

Commish hat because I've seen about a dozen of your type over 20 years that put people down endlessly for no real reason other than to make themselves feel better for some reason. UFS flourished when then problem was corrected or removed. I see Greg going through the exact going pains I did, and I owe it to him in many ways to lessen those pains. He's even starting to see them himself as he posted today. Someone pass him the barf bag.
[/QUOTE]Maybe you need the Sorting Hat from "Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone"

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:37 am

Originally posted by UFS:
Commish hat because I've seen about a dozen of your type over 20 years that put people down endlessly for no real reason other than to make themselves feel better for some reason. UFS flourished when then problem was corrected or removed. I see Greg going through the exact going pains I did, and I owe it to him in many ways to lessen those pains. He's even starting to see them himself as he posted today. Someone pass him the barf bag. i doubt you've seen anyone of my type. who else stays on 15/16 more than me in bj. more later. my grammy is calling me for dinner.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:47 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UFS:
[qb] GG, you're a very nice person, but why do you have to go to such great lengths to suck the fun out of playing? It's great to offer suggestions, but your digs on people when they don't view things the same as you only bring out the worst in people, including myself. WSOP players bluff all the time. in fact chapters of books are dedicated to it. it is embraced.

The problem with comparing bluffing in poker to blind bidding on players is when you bluff in poker, you have to put your chips in the middle. You can't change you mind and everyone knows where they stand. It's either put up or shut up and fold.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:05 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UFS:
[qb] GG, you're a very nice person, but why do you have to go to such great lengths to suck the fun out of playing? It's great to offer suggestions, but your digs on people when they don't view things the same as you only bring out the worst in people, including myself. WSOP players bluff all the time. in fact chapters of books are dedicated to it. it is embraced.

The problem with comparing bluffing in poker to blind bidding on players is when you bluff in poker, you have to put your chips in the middle. You can't change you mind and everyone knows where they stand. It's either put up or shut up and fold.
[/QUOTE]Well said, Shawn.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:31 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
The problem with comparing bluffing in poker to blind bidding on players is when you bluff in poker, you have to put your chips in the middle. You can't change you mind and everyone knows where they stand. It's either put up or shut up and fold. shawn - there are more bluffs than just putting your chips in the middle.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:34 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
no disrespect meant, but when i signed up for the event, i saw the ad that said "WIN $100,000", not "HELP GREG GROW THE EVENT". if both happen, then that's great I could swear I heard you say on a number of occasions that the reason why you are so adamant about all your rule change suggestions was because you were so interested in making the event better, and thus, helping it grow. Guess you dont really mean some of the things you say. [/QUOTE]i propose rule changes (like everyone else) to make the event better.

try again.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:35 pm

Btw, since everyone here knows the infamous QB-blocking "scandal" of last year, involving myself, then some may (but likely not) remember that my main complaint was not that what was done to me was illegal, but what reprocussions it may have on the future and the potential for collusion that these types of scenarios can or will create. Well I'm not much of an "I told you so guy", but based on what's been happening....I told you so!! nag - these types of things have gone on long before your bad management call. take a number

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:47 pm

Glad to see you're paying attention. not sure what you mean by paying attention. i just read an e-mail my buddy sent me. he told me about rackers and that you came in 2nd in your league, even though you were 9th in your 12-team league in points. he also said some other things which i'd like to keep in the vault (for now). ;)

i'd say good job as an owner, but "thank your lucky stars" seems more suitable

That was a calculated risk, btw. I knew my team wasn't good enough to seriously compete in the next round anyway wow! in a game where anything can happen any given week, you decide that your team wasn't good enough to seriously compete in the next level?!? amazing. who did you pic up instead of a backup to rackers. who was so important? this is a 20 man roster too...nag - you have to back up each position in a 20 team roster. geez

[ December 02, 2005, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:00 pm

nag - these types of things have gone on long before your bad management call. take a number Gone on here in the NFFC? Maybe in EXTREME isolated instances. But the sh!t has really began to hit the fan, wouldn't you say? With Greg now having to ammend rules thanks to people like you, snake and others.

Here's a couple of my posts with regards to that issue. Remember I posted this exactly one year ago but instead of seeing it as a warning of what may be coming, I got ripped for being "outmanaged". Be sure to pay attention to the second sentence:

"That is why I'm shocked that my situation is being called a "great play" or "brilliant move", when it's one step away from the big "C"

"In my three seasons of WCOFF and one here, this is the first time a situation like this came up, but I have a strong suspicion it will again, so at least you'll be prepared."
For Players. By Players.