The SNAKEkeys to Winning in 2008

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...if you plan on winning your league this year plan accordingly with the following in mind...

1) you can NOT wait on a QB if you want to separate yourself from the pack as after the top five it's a crapshoot at the position this season...you should be prepared to grab one of the top 3 (Handsome Tommy, Peyton, Romo) in the first TWO rounds (Brady in the 1st naturally) or one of the top 5 (Handsome Tommy, Peyton, Romo, Brees, Palmer) in the first THREE rounds...

2) with your first two picks, do your utmost to procure TWO top RB's (not in a RBBC) in the first 2 rounds and do NOT yield to temptation by picking one of the stud WR's (there will be less separation between Tiers 1 & 2 at the WR position this season)...if you decide to forego this strategy in the first two rounds it should only be because you are adhering to the aforementined QB stud strategy...

3) if you can, take a top 4 TE within the first 3-4 1/2 rounds as that will also provide separation from the rest of the closely ranked TE's thereafter...

4) let the other owners pick the seemingly top 12 or so stud WR's as those wideouts that will be available to you in the later rounds (5-7) will keep pace, and in some instances outproduce those top 12 which the less savvy owners will choose in the earlier rounds (1-3)...

corrections:

1) There are 4 top QBs snake.
2) Not a good strategy to avoid the top WRs.
3) Not necessary.
4) There are two tiers in the top 12 WRs, and the second tier is closer to the third than the first.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:15 pm

1) Disagree
2) Completely disagree
3) Somewhat disagree. There can be value had in round 7
4) This happens every year, doesn't mean I am taking a QB, TE or a RBBC before one of them if the decision has to be made.
Good luck with that strategy Snake. Can't see it working unless you get it just right, but stranger things have happened.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Snake, this is pure genius! I'd say using these strategies along with the dynamic duo of QBs you prefer, we'll see you climb to the top of the fantasy world!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 pm

I wanna know why any one would take time to write out what a winning strategy consists of.....on a public message forum...

Ofcourse, the original poster has yet to make it to the NFFC playoffs, so does this mean we go "short" his principles?

Hehhehe :D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Originally posted by FI$HER:
I wanna know why any one would take time to write out what a winning strategy consists of.....on a public message forum...

Ofcourse, the original poster has yet to make it to the NFFC playoffs, so does this mean we go "short" his principles?

Hehhehe :D It's dangerous to short randomness that has no basis, but equally advisable not to buy into it. I'd put snake ideas right up there with picking based on horoscope, random number generation or who has the prettiest uniforms.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:44 pm

I'll stick with :D

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:

Hehhehe :D It's dangerous to short randomness that has no basis, but equally advisable not to buy into it. I'd put snake ideas right up there with picking based on horoscope, random number generation or who has the prettiest uniforms.
[/QUOTE]You forgot to add Maggie the Monkey.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 pm

^
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

I've been meaning to ask about this. Care to spill the beans?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:48 pm