What do you need tonight?

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

I need 8.2 from Jackson to make the Diamond playoffs...C'MON 83!!!!
Pat Sorge

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
I hope Gabbert got a good education because he won't be a starting QB for much longer. No question that he has looked horrible. And as a Husker fan, you can imagine how I felt about Gabbert while he was at MU. With that being said, I don't think he was really set up for success.

With an abbreviated camp and the Jags front office being cheap and cutting Garrard to avoid paying him a roster bonus, Gabbert was essentially thrown to the wolves after McCown was equally as horrible.

Their only real offensive weapon is MJD and their receiving corp doesn't scare anyone. Mike Thomas is a nice WR but not a number one. And I think everyone knew that Marcedes Lewis's year last year was a fluke.

He has been terrible and really struggled with accuracy, only completing something like 44% of his throws. Let's face it though, the Jags weren't real serious about winning this year after they cut Garrard right before the first game. Maybe they can use another high draft pick to get the kid some help.
[/QUOTE]seems to lack courage in the pocket. not sure you can coach heart.
[/QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think he's going to be a great NFL QB or even a mediocre one. I just think when you spend a top pick on a player, you need to give him a fair shot to see if he is the guy or not. I'm not sure that they've done that.

BTW, he probably developed lack of courage in the pocket after the two ass kickings that Nebraska put on him in college. :D
Go Big Red!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:13 pm

When do the Elias changes get posted?

There is a 0.05 point difference between myself and Josh Blume - looks like one of us will be in the Diamond league playoffs for $60k and the other will be out.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

As an aside, I have Bailey as my kicker and Jason Garrett's now infamous icing of his own kicker cost me 4.9 points. Had that kick stood, I would only need 16.3 points from VJax instead of 21.2...a big difference. We'll see if that bonehead coach costs me a potential $5,000. I'm now officially in Jason Garrett screw me territory...VJax at 17.2 points.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

There is a 0.05 point difference between myself and Josh Blume - looks like one of us will be in the Diamond league playoffs for $60k and the other will be out. Usually either late Wednesday or early Thursday.

Here's the website to check it out:

http://www.quickstats.com/nfl/nfl-fixes.htm

Good luck!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

There is a 0.05 point difference between myself and Josh Blume - looks like one of us will be in the Diamond league playoffs for $60k and the other will be out. Usually either late Wednesday or early Thursday.

Here's the website to check it out:

http://www.quickstats.com/nfl/nfl-fixes.htm

Good luck!
[/QUOTE]thanks Paul

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 pm

All I can say is, I love Curtis Brinkley

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

I've officially mastered the art of near misses in all high stakes formats.

Money

Post by Money » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
I've officially mastered the art of near misses in all high stakes formats. There will never be a "Near miss" like you experienced in baseball this year. I'd still be in rehab if I lived through that one.
Joe