New Draft Order - From What # to What #?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:06 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i know you guys are focusing on football today, but any chance the baseball guys can get some love. STATS has not updated the baseball overall standings yet.

i talked to tom and he said to be patient...which i'm trying to be :D STATS moved to a new office today, but that delay wasn't supposed to happen. Sorry about that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:09 am

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
First, let me say that I understand. I am not happy going from LJ/Gore to McGahee but it is what it is. I don't blame you. That's a big move down and should not have happened. But honestly, if your KDS had 4 followed by 14, why are you so surprised? By setting it that way, you basically said that you want McGahee if you can't get LJ/Gore. Am I wrong?
For Players. By Players.

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:13 am

Coltsfan, I disagree that there are customers that we do not need. I do not know the guy/gal compalining about one move and you are not sure that he/she is not using the disruption of the pick to make a point. This is not your local $100 league. This is the National FF Championship and the average expense (entry, travel, hotel) is about $3000. Not to mention that its a much anticipated once a year event. The customer has the right to express his concern. NFFC or any other "growing" business cannot afford to run customers off because the entity made a mistake and cant take the heat. NFFC stepped up and took responsibilty for the screw-up. It is now up to the customer to continue or move on....not you! And by the way your evaluation of FF talent (Maroney vs. Rudi) might be wrong.

Mike

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:29 am

Mike,

I just meant that some people aren't ever going to be happy and are always looking for something to complain about. This may or may not be the case with this person but if it is then the league isn't losing much. If they can't handle an honest mistake then so be it. They immediately accepted full responsibility - there's nothing else that could be done except correct it and move on.

I don't believe that Greg or Tom were trying to run off anyone and I honestly don't have any idea what you meant by the rest of the post but anyways I do wish you the best this coming weekend!!! It will be fun regardless of all of this.

Wayne

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:35 am

First, let me say that I understand. I am not happy going from LJ/Gore to McGahee but it is what it is. I am surprised that an event of this size, importance and reputation does not have better system of quality control (especially after WCOFF/06). I am also concerned that this is not the first piece of important NFFC information that I have had to mine from the message boards. The email that busted my pick should have included the explanation that I found latter on the boards. "Play on"

Mike You went from Gore to McGahee by Choice (LJ will not fall behind Gore in most leagues). You could have gone from Gore to Gore/Addai but you choose the 14th spot as your 5th choice. If you had kept the 5th spot ... you might have gotten Gore with better picks in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. But "YOU" decided you wanted to pick 14th instead. You make it sound like it's someone elses fault. The fourth spot didn't get taken away from you. It was never yours.

If I find a wallet and hand it to you because I thought it was yours and it really belongs to someone else ... to take it from you and give it to the proper owner is not stealing from you. You are out NOTHING. To bitch that I just took someone else's wallet from you and your out whatever was in it is a stupid argument.

If it caused you harm ... like it happened 10 minutes before the draft and you had prepared for the 4th spot ... it would be different. But it's not. You just whinning because someone gave the wallet to the PROPER owner.

Would you keep the wallet if it was up to you?

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:40 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
The bottom line is that everyone got the exact pick that the should have as a result of having kds. Therefore nobody lost anything - it's exactly the way it was supposed to be.

Wayne I completely agree that NFFC did the correct thing once the blunder was discovered. But to suggest "nobody lost anything", I believe is a total misrepresentation. I have consistently set my KDS to the early slots and late slots and ALL the satellites I've participated in I've had either an early slot or a late slot. So, when I got slot 9 in the first go through I was totally unprepared and spent 2 or 3 hours on Sunday looking back through the satellites I had done and further studying the likely players that would be available there. I then spent another couple hours prior to the SSDC28 draft last evening and was finally satisfied that I was prepared to draft from slot 9. Then I scan the message boards after the completion of the SSDC28 draft and find out draft spots may be changing. After a couple more hours I find that I'm not in fact drafting from slot 9 but slot 12 which is a slot I was already 100% comfortable with. So, I don't feel I've lost nothing, I feel I lost and WASTED about 5 hours because of this blunder.
Again, I believe the right thing was done once discovered but when dealing with people's emotions and hard earned dollars a better system of safeguards and quality control probably should have been in place to have prevented this sort of occurrence. And I'm sure it goes without saying that Greg and Tom feel as bad, if not worse, about this than any participant; for what that's worth.

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
First, let me say that I understand. I am not happy going from LJ/Gore to McGahee but it is what it is. I am surprised that an event of this size, importance and reputation does not have better system of quality control (especially after WCOFF/06). I am also concerned that this is not the first piece of important NFFC information that I have had to mine from the message boards. The email that busted my pick should have included the explanation that I found latter on the boards. "Play on"

Mike You went from Gore to McGahee by Choice (LJ will not fall behind Gore in most leagues). You could have gone from Gore to Gore/Addai but you choose the 14th spot as your 5th choice. If you had kept the 5th spot ... you might have gotten Gore with better picks in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. But "YOU" decided you wanted to pick 14th instead. You make it sound like it's someone elses fault. The fourth spot didn't get taken away from you. It was never yours.

If I find a wallet and hand it to you because I thought it was yours and it really belongs to someone else ... to take it from you and give it to the proper owner is not stealing from you. You are out NOTHING. To bitch that I just took someone else's wallet from you and your out whatever was in it is a stupid argument.

If it caused you harm ... like it happened 10 minutes before the draft and you had prepared for the 4th spot ... it would be different. But it's not. You just whinning because someone gave the wallet to the PROPER owner.

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]Big Mike,

Good post. Who ever is upset is just mad because they had a Change of heart on there KDS. Thats it. Everyone should of thought long and hard over there KDS all year long.

The good news is the NFFC has 3RR and I think all the spots are pretty even minus The #1 Pick. But someone has to get LT2....

Good luck everyone this weekend, And take it Easy on TK and Greg....They where up late and there not young guys
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
The bottom line is that everyone got the exact pick that the should have as a result of having kds. Therefore nobody lost anything - it's exactly the way it was supposed to be.

Wayne I completely agree that NFFC did the correct thing once the blunder was discovered. But to suggest "nobody lost anything", I believe is a total misrepresentation. I have consistently set my KDS to the early slots and late slots and ALL the satellites I've participated in I've had either an early slot or a late slot. So, when I got slot 9 in the first go through I was totally unprepared and spent 2 or 3 hours on Sunday looking back through the satellites I had done and further studying the likely players that would be available there. I then spent another couple hours prior to the SSDC28 draft last evening and was finally satisfied that I was prepared to draft from slot 9. Then I scan the message boards after the completion of the SSDC28 draft and find out draft spots may be changing. After a couple more hours I find that I'm not in fact drafting from slot 9 but slot 12 which is a slot I was already 100% comfortable with. So, I don't feel I've lost nothing, I feel I lost and WASTED about 5 hours because of this blunder.
Again, I believe the right thing was done once discovered but when dealing with people's emotions and hard earned dollars a better system of safeguards and quality control probably should have been in place to have prevented this sort of occurrence. And I'm sure it goes without saying that Greg and Tom feel as bad, if not worse, about this than any participant; for what that's worth.
[/QUOTE]We all lost study time.....

Who Cares, Cowboy Up and start looking at the Pick you had all along. I was in shock for a few minutes myself last night but it is what it is...

I have been in the NFFC for 4 years now, And Trust Greg and TK. This even makes me trust them more. Alot of people don't look at the other side of things. Like big Mikes post above. What if you were the guy who should of had the 5 pick and you got somone elses pick. And Greg never said nothing.......

The wallet has been returned to the right owner :D

[ August 28, 2007, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: RI WORKHORSE ]
I.W
Johnny Frisella

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]Not quite, UYT. It wasn't YOU handing out the wallet, it was the man saying here, this is yours. Then saying sorry, I was wrong and this one is really yours. So it wasn't done by someone, it was done by the people in charge. And yes, Mike got the "wallet" he was supposed to get and they said it was their mistake and all that, but it doesn't mean people have to like what happened. Especially something that was so easy to prevent.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:00 am

This is the National FF Championship and the average expense (entry, travel, hotel) is about $3000. Man, can I be your travel agent??
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL