New Draft Order - From What # to What #?

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:44 pm

Went from 1 to 1
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:10 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Mike, I empathize with your posts and 4D's posts. It is frustrating and very unfortunate that this occurred. No participant should attack the posting of your frustrations in the way this occurred. Maybe an average owner spent 5 hours prepping for the draft with the pick they were given. All wasted time. Multiply it by 200 changed picks and that is 1000 wasted man-hours. And it only took them 3 hours from 2 people to run it manually. Greg apologized, re-ran it, and they have tried to make it right, which was nice and appreciated by many. Given that these national contests pay out 75% or so, I think you have a right to be upset and expect nothing less than perfection in the first-time implementation of 3RR and KDS, which is supposed to be NFFC's big competitive advantage. When draft picks are announced with less than 1 week to the event, I think that customers expect them to be correct. There is not much time nor room for error. I pretty much agree with most of this.

I think Mike and 4D have every right to voice their frustrations OVER LOST PREP TIME ... as I have said in earlier posts.

But I too ... also have every right to voice my frustrations at Mike for arguing he "lost" a draft spot due to an error.

He lost nothing but an opportunity to gain an UNFAIR advantage due to a mistake.

Mike ... my intent was never to attack you or make it personal ... I hate massage boards sometimes ... because I can tell you are a good guy and we are both suffering from MB misunderstanding. Sorry about that.

Although the KDS start was rough ... you have brought up the big difference between you fourth and fifth KDS preferences. Did you stop and think that without KDS ... you would have went from your 5th preference to your 14th preference! Talk about a difference!!!!

You should be KDS's biggest fan.

As far as a kiss up to Greg and Tom .... lol ... I'm sure you gave them a chuckle too.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:57 pm

Ugly, Actually I love "massage" boards that are attended by good looking well oiled "massage" therapists.

Without KDS my draw would have remained a #5. I am a fan of KDS but not for the reason you think.

Mike

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:18 pm

went from 4 to 6. me , i am happy to be in. i would sit on the floor !
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:00 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Mike, I just looked at your KDS and I can explain this one. You were picked fifth out of the hat/computer in LV 7 and your KDS preferences were 1,2,3,4,14,13,12, etc. ... You got your fifth preference, which was No. 14.
Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

Although the KDS start was rough ... you have brought up the big difference between you fourth and fifth KDS preferences. Did you stop and think that without KDS ... you would have went from your 5th preference to your 14th preference! Talk about a difference!!!!

You should be KDS's biggest fan.
Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:

Without KDS my draw would have remained a #5. I am a fan of KDS but not for the reason you think.

Mike
I am really confused.

picking #5 is your worse case senerio ... is it not? You last choice to draft from. #14 is your fifth choice ... almost as good as #4 ... better than #13 and way better than #5.

I am a little confused. If you don't like KDS because it moved you from your fourteenth preference (#5) to your fifth preference (#14) ... why do you like it.

Ugly
Hakuna Matata!

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:26 am

Ugly, I am not sure how you determine what I like or do not like. So let me try to explain what I meant. (this has nothing to do with what I like..KDS or no KDS).

My draw was #5, therefore if KDS was not in play
(i.e. WCOFF style) I would be pick #5.

I am not sure why this is important to you unless you just want the last word. So I promise that this is my last communication on this matter and if you post again you will get the last word.

By the way, I am not just happy, I am thrilled, I love NFFC, KDS, my #14, & #15 pick. That gives me Manning and Palmer, back to back. Now for a good kicker and "D" and I am even happier.

Mike

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:25 am

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
So I promise that this is my last communication on this matter and if you post again you will get the last word.

By the way, I am not just happy, I am thrilled, I love NFFC, KDS, my #14, & #15 pick. That gives me Manning and Palmer, back to back. Now for a good kicker and "D" and I am even happier.

Mike Now that's a GREAT last word Mike!!! All is good. Let's get it on!!

Forget all that's happened and LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

MidasMike

Post by MidasMike » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:18 am

7 to 8 and like it!