A Special Late Night Chat With Me

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:50 pm

as good as garrard is going or supposed to be, who is your top WR in JAX?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Calvin Johnson and Thomas Jones seem to be two of the fastest movers up the boards, as well as Cotchery and Coles, who else do you see moving up a lot before draft day? This weekend could tell us a lot about some of the rookie RBs. Jonathan Stewart will see action with the first-team offense. If he impresses, his stock will rise again. Same with Ray Rice and Chris Johnson. Steven Jackson's stock should rise as well since he's back in camp. Chris Perry's stock is shooting skyward in a big way.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:50 pm

In order how do you pick these guys? S. Smith, Marshall, Holmes and Calvin Johnson

Peter Haiti

Post by Peter Haiti » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Ok Tom, hypothetical - You missed out on the big 4 at QB. Who are you sitting and waiting for at QB and why?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:52 pm

The presence of Fargas and Bush make McFadden very risky in my opinion, your thoughts on where you would take him? I'd start looking at him in the fifth round. Unfortunately, he isn't likely to last that long in any draft. I'm seeing him off the board no later than the fourth round in the majority of drafts I've seen so far.

Frankly, I don't think Fargas is very good and I'm not sure Bush is much of a threat. At the end of the day, the Raiders' offense is starved for playmakers and McFadden is easily the most talented and explosive playmaker they have. They'd be fools not to take full advantage of that. Again, though, I think he'll be closer to what we've seen from Reggie Bush than another Adrian Peterson.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:53 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
As I just posted on another thread, you guys have over 525 paid sign-ups for the two events combined -- that's mighty impressive! Absolutely. That's what I was getting at before - we have a very nice foundation here. I think to get well over 500 people for our two main events, plus all of the other events we run and the online leagues shows we have something real good here. So there are some real positives we can build on going forward, no question about it.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:54 pm

1) With Kevin Curtis now out for 4-8 weeks, what round do you think he falls to in a 14 team NFC draft?

2) With so many rookie RB's getting "love", who do you think will be the best of the lot at year's end and why?

3) If you were setting your KDS, what would YOUR first 3 desired spots look like? (NFFC and NBC if you could).

Thanks Tom!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Boldin apparently wants out, but will not hold out, do you worry about this situation or will it be fine until the off season? I think he'll be fine. He's going to play hard and play well like he always does. It's an ugly situation but the bottom line is he wants to get paid and he's smart enough to know the best way to do that is to produce. And the Cardinals aren't going to stop throwing to him.

That said, is there a more logical trade that should happen that probably won't than Boldin to the Eagles for Lito Sheppard? The Eagles need a WR in the worst way and the Cardinals badly need defensive help. You have two guys who want out of their respective teams but will probably stay there. Why this trade hasn't happened by now is a mystery to me. It makes way too much sense.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Why does the title of this thread sound like one of the old NBC promos?

"Tonight, on a very special Blossom..."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
Robert Meachem went in 8th round in my Satellite last night. Should I just forget sleepers and take the old faithfuls? That is absurdly early in my opinion, and its only going to get worse in a week.

-Craig Depends who's on the board. I'm seeing guys like Derrick Mason and Isaac Bruce drop like stones. Granted, both are older than dirt but both of them will see a lot of targets this year - especially Mason - and in our scoring format that gives them strong value.

This happens every year, though, especially with WRs. You see a lot of owners chase after the next big thing and forget it usually takes WRs 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL. Meanwhile, the owners who sat back and grabbed the less exciting vets cash in with good production.
[/QUOTE]It was a little thinner than that, with guys like Walker and Curry around, but your point still applies. 34 WRs went in the first 6 rounds, sheesh.

-Craig
[/QUOTE]In a PPR format such as ours, I'd take Curry over Meachem in all probability. I'm not big on Curry but I think he'll be at least a decent reserve. But I will say that if my team was absolutely loaded at QB, RB and WR and there were no TEs of note on the board, I could see rolling the dice with someone like Meachem.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich