A Special Late Night Chat With Me

Marauders

Post by Marauders » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:57 pm

With the exception of Las Vegas, the (3) other cities seem to draw a high percentage of the owners from a relatively close proximity to that city/state (to be expected). In order to grow more business have you thought of adding more cities, in order to draw more people from different parts of the country. Especially with the cost of flying,hotel,etc..there's probably some people out there that may of signed up, had they been within a reasonable driving distance (200-400 miles) of one of the sites.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
as good as garrard is going or supposed to be, who is your top WR in JAX? Maurice Jones-Drew.

:D

Honestly, that's a garbage collection of WRs. But Garrard had garbage to work with last season too and he was a solid QB2 when healthy. Porter is the most talented WR on the team by far but I wouldn't expect him to be anything more than he already is. He'll have some flashes but you won't want to be starting him consistently.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
As I just posted on another thread, you guys have over 525 paid sign-ups for the two events combined -- that's mighty impressive! Absolutely. That's what I was getting at before - we have a very nice foundation here. I think to get well over 500 people for our two main events, plus all of the other events we run and the online leagues shows we have something real good here. So there are some real positives we can build on going forward, no question about it. [/QUOTE]Yes you do, and keeping the ESTABLISHED customers (150 doing BOTH events!), the buzz will get out.

I know things weren't what you expected, but based on this last 2 week push, I would consider it a success!

You and Greg keep doing what you are doing, and NFFC/NBC will be the premier fantasy football event in two years!!! :D

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
As I just posted on another thread, you guys have over 525 paid sign-ups for the two events combined -- that's mighty impressive! Absolutely. That's what I was getting at before - we have a very nice foundation here. I think to get well over 500 people for our two main events, plus all of the other events we run and the online leagues shows we have something real good here. So there are some real positives we can build on going forward, no question about it. [/QUOTE]Yes you do, and keeping the ESTABLISHED customers (150 doing BOTH events!), the buzz will get out.

I know things weren't what you expected, but based on this last 2 week push, I would consider it a success!

You and Greg keep doing what you are doing, and NFFC/NBC will be the premier fantasy football event in two years!!! :D
[/QUOTE]you mean it's not now?? :eek: :eek:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
In order how do you pick these guys? S. Smith, Marshall, Holmes and Calvin Johnson Smith, Holmes, Marshall, Johnson.

I know Smith is going to miss two games but he could give you Top 5 production in the games he does play. For me, that's too good of production to pass up. I think Holmes is going to blow up even more this year. I love him this year. I think Calvin is ready to bust out too, but I'm not sure the Lions' offense is going to be as good without Martz so I'm not going crazy on him like many others are. Marshall is a freaking monster. Even if his suspension stays at 3 games, I'd take him as my WR2 in the fourth or fifth round if he fell that far. That's another guy who will simply be so good when he plays that I think he's worth taking as long as you can get solid production during his absence.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:
How do you think Wes Welker's numbers will compare to last years? I don't think anyone in that passing game puts up the same type of numbers as last year, but there's no reason to think Welker will become less important. He runs great routes, has great hands and Brady trusts him. Those are all huge ingredients. He should finish with 90+ TDs and 5+ TDs. The touchdowns are where I could see him dropping off a bit. [/QUOTE]TK, if Welker gets 95 TDs I'd say he's way undervalued right now! ;) :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Tom -
With all the talk of the rookies who might succeed, I'm interested in any of the "crusty" vets they supposedly will replace.
Is there anyone (DeAngelo, etc) who you think might surprise with touches?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Originally posted by The Dalai Lama Himself:
Ok Tom, hypothetical - You missed out on the big 4 at QB. Who are you sitting and waiting for at QB and why? Palmer would be my next choice followed by Roethlisberger and Anderson. If I couldn't get one of those three I'd officially be in panic mode because I think the talent drops WAY off after that. I know a lot of people are high on Cutler but as a Cutler owner last season I love the guy's talent but he's very inconsistent and he'll have to make do without Marshall for possibly three games. He's being ranked in the Top 10 in a lot of places and that means he has to be a strong starting QB week in and week out. I'm not sure he'll do that.

I really wish I could adopt the sit back and wait on QB method but the past few years I've gone away from it. I just think that having a strong QB is worth its weight in gold. In my main league last year, for example, the QBs flew off the board early so I couldn't get a top one. I ended up with Cutler and Schaub and spent the entire year scrambling to get decent QB production.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:03 pm

we've talked about the top impact rookie RB's this year, who are your top impact rookie WR's this year?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
1) With Kevin Curtis now out for 4-8 weeks, what round do you think he falls to in a 14 team NFC draft?

2) With so many rookie RB's getting "love", who do you think will be the best of the lot at year's end and why?

3) If you were setting your KDS, what would YOUR first 3 desired spots look like? (NFFC and NBC if you could).

Thanks Tom! 1. I think Curtis has fallen into Bobby Engram territory. There's so much risk involved I can't see taking him before the latter stages of the draft.

2. I'm still going with McFadden because I think he's the most talented. But what's interesting to me about this year is there are a large number of rookie RBs who could be (at worst) solid RB3 options. Forte, Stewart, Smith, Jones, Rice, Johnson and Mendenhall all look like they will see plenty of playing time and could produce quality numbers in that role. I've done some mocks where I ended up with three of those RBs on my team. I've never had a situation like that before but when I looked at those mock teams I wasn't disappointed at all because I think all of those guys could really do well.

3. I'm going 1-6 for both events. I think the talent at the top is very strong and I really like the upper-tier RBs.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich