A Special Late Night Chat With Me

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hard heads:
[qb] He should finish with 90+ TDs and 5+ TDs. The touchdowns are where I could see him dropping off a bit. TK, if Welker gets 95 TDs I'd say he's way undervalued right now! ;) :D
[/QUOTE]Guess it's safe to say I like Welker a bit, huh? :D
[/QUOTE]Careful, you'll send a certain slippery one into a frenzy moving Welker up his draft board. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
quote:Originally posted by Marauders:
With the exception of Las Vegas, the (3) other cities seem to draw a high percentage of the owners from a relatively close proximity to that city/state (to be expected). In order to grow more business have you thought of adding more cities, in order to draw more people from different parts of the country. Especially with the cost of flying,hotel,etc..there's probably some people out there that may of signed up, had they been within a reasonable driving distance (200-400 miles) of one of the sites. There are pros and cons to adding more cities. The pros would be like you said - making the events potentially more easily accessible to more people. Among the cons are the costs of doing these events, hotel and convention center fees and all of that. These things aren't cheap to produce, let me tell you. :D We definitely want to discover as many ways as we can to get people to our events. The phone option has certainly been quite popular this year. We'll keep looking at ways to grow in the future. Does that mean adding more cities? It could. But we'll need to be sure the numbers will be there to justify the costs involved.

Lots of things to talk about when the events are over.
[/QUOTE]My 2 nuggets of input here... Online and New Orleans.
[/QUOTE]nashville
[/QUOTE]Nashville??? :confused:

You might as well just have it in Iola!

The pre AND post draft party could be at Tom's house! ;)

[ August 21, 2008, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

batoj

Post by batoj » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey Tom,

Any idea when the KDS results will be announced? (I'm in the NBC one).

Thanks!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 pm

With the exception of Las Vegas, the (3) other cities seem to draw a high percentage of the owners from a relatively close proximity to that city/state (to be expected). In order to grow more business have you thought of adding more cities, in order to draw more people from different parts of the country. Especially with the cost of flying,hotel,etc..there's probably some people out there that may of signed up, had they been within a reasonable driving distance (200-400 miles) of one of the sites. There are pros and cons to adding more cities. The pros would be like you said - making the events potentially more easily accessible to more people. Among the cons are the costs of doing these events, hotel and convention center fees and all of that. These things aren't cheap to produce, let me tell you. :D We definitely want to discover as many ways as we can to get people to our events. The phone option has certainly been quite popular this year. We'll keep looking at ways to grow in the future. Does that mean adding more cities? It could. But we'll need to be sure the numbers will be there to justify the costs involved.

[/QUOTE]nashville, welcome to country music
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm not sure about those 2 demographics...FF and Country Music. :confused:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:14 pm

we've talked about the top impact rookie RB's this year, who are your top impact rookie WR's this year? None.

Seriously. I just don't think this is a strong group of rookie WRs. Keep in mind that most WRs need 2-3 years to adjust and that includes the ones who are taken in the first round. This year, there wasn't a single WR taken in the first round. That should be a strong signal that many of these guys aren't ready for major roles yet. And that's what we're seeing and hearing in camps. Gusy like Hardy, Kelly, Thomas and Sweed are all struggling to get adjusted to the game.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
TK, with 1-6 as you KDS, it sounds like you're running far away from the Brady/Moss scenario at 7-9, correct? I wouldn't take a QB in the first round ever. That's just personal preference. If I was picking 7th, though, I'd give strong consideration to taking Moss. At the end of the day, I'd probably play it safe and take someone like Portis but Moss would definitely be in consideration.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Why does the title of this thread sound like one of the old NBC promos?

"Tonight, on a very special Blossom..." Am I the only one who thought Blossom was kinda hot in a weird kind of way? :D
[/QUOTE]Nope! ;)
[/QUOTE]She isn't looking so good lately but back in the day ...

:D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by kentuckythunder:

[/QUOTE]nashville
[/QUOTE]Nashville??? :confused:

You might as well just have it in Iola!

The pre AND post draft party could be at Tom's house! ;)
[/QUOTE]if you can't have a great time on 2nd avenue in nashville, i'll buy the drinks!!!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
we've talked about the top impact rookie RB's this year, who are your top impact rookie WR's this year? None.

Seriously. I just don't think this is a strong group of rookie WRs. Keep in mind that most WRs need 2-3 years to adjust and that includes the ones who are taken in the first round. This year, there wasn't a single WR taken in the first round. That should be a strong signal that many of these guys aren't ready for major roles yet. And that's what we're seeing and hearing in camps. Gusy like Hardy, Kelly, Thomas and Sweed are all struggling to get adjusted to the game.
[/QUOTE]Eddie Royal. ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Do you think Brady will be in the top 5 in MORE or LESS of the NFFC/NBC drafts? I'd say less but it'll be close. I think his ADP will end up being right around the 5-6 area.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich