A Special Late Night Chat With Me

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
Tom .... how would you rank the top 5 offensive lines ? I'd go with something along the lines of:

San Diego
Giants
Vikings
Patriots
Browns

The Browns got roughed up pretty good in the preseason game Monday night but that's still a strong line. Joe Thomas is bigtime at LT.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
we've talked about the top impact rookie RB's this year, who are your top impact rookie WR's this year? None.

Seriously. I just don't think this is a strong group of rookie WRs. Keep in mind that most WRs need 2-3 years to adjust and that includes the ones who are taken in the first round. This year, there wasn't a single WR taken in the first round. That should be a strong signal that many of these guys aren't ready for major roles yet. And that's what we're seeing and hearing in camps. Gusy like Hardy, Kelly, Thomas and Sweed are all struggling to get adjusted to the game.
[/QUOTE]Eddie Royal. ;)
[/QUOTE]Josh Morgan! ;)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
Tom .... how would you rank the top 5 offensive lines ? I'd go with something along the lines of:

San Diego
Giants
Vikings
Patriots
Browns

The Browns got roughed up pretty good in the preseason game Monday night but that's still a strong line. Joe Thomas is bigtime at LT.
[/QUOTE]I'd toss the Cowboys in there somewhere.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:23 pm

if you can't have a great time on 2nd avenue in nashville, i'll buy the drinks!!! [/QB][/quote]

Sure you could have a great time, it's just not something that appeals to the masses.

Keep in mind that I really like Nashville. And Franklin, TN is beautiful! [/QB][/quote]
please correct me if i'm wrong. but, it seems to me that there's a big gap of presence in the NFFC/NBC from the southeastern part of the country. is it because we are the hotbed of college football?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Nice surprise to see a thurs night chat...

I haven't read the first 4 pages yet so hopefully this isn't a repeat...

Who would be 1 rb (i.e. ryan grant last year) and 1 wr (i.e. braylon edwards) who could make the leap this year to be a borderline 1st rounder in 2009?
Thanks Rich I could see Michael Turner finishing just outside the Top 10. He has that kind of talent. The biggest thing I see keeping him out of that range is he's not much of a factor in the passing game. But even on a team like Atlanta, he's a guy who should put up good and possibly very good rushing numbers.

At WR, I'd go with Santonio Holmes or Dwayne Bowe. Holmes is being drafted sooner so let's go with Bowe. He's a major talent who I think could be a Top 5 fantasy WR if he ever got good QB play.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
we've talked about the top impact rookie RB's this year, who are your top impact rookie WR's this year? None.

Seriously. I just don't think this is a strong group of rookie WRs. Keep in mind that most WRs need 2-3 years to adjust and that includes the ones who are taken in the first round. This year, there wasn't a single WR taken in the first round. That should be a strong signal that many of these guys aren't ready for major roles yet. And that's what we're seeing and hearing in camps. Gusy like Hardy, Kelly, Thomas and Sweed are all struggling to get adjusted to the game.
[/QUOTE]Eddie Royal. ;)
[/QUOTE]Josh Morgan! ;)
[/QUOTE]Not with that collection of garbage at QB. ;)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Let's say you're in the 6th round of a 12 team draft and it's your pick. Your team so far is:
QB - Big Ben
RB's - Mojo, Maroney
WR's - Moss, Holmes

You can choose between:
RB: Ronnie/Ricky, Fred, Lendale
WR: Evans, Chambers, Driver, Coles
TE: Clark, Cooley

Which way would you go? Just askin...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm

quote:Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:

San Diego
Giants
Vikings
Patriots
Browns

[/QUOTE]I'd toss the Cowboys in there somewhere.
[/QUOTE]Yup, they'd be right there with that group. Just an outstanding offense in Dallas.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
if you can't have a great time on 2nd avenue in nashville, i'll buy the drinks!!! [/QUOTE]Sure you could have a great time, it's just not something that appeals to the masses.

Keep in mind that I really like Nashville. And Franklin, TN is beautiful! [/QB][/quote]
please correct me if i'm wrong. but, it seems to me that there's a big gap of presence in the NFFC/NBC from the southeastern part of the country. is it because we are the hotbed of college football? [/QB][/quote]

I think that is a very big reason. I also just don't think the NFFC has found the right city yet.

I can tell you, if it goes to N.O., I'm there. I love Vegas, but I go there other times throughout the year. N.O. could use our $$$ and I'd guess the convention space would come less expensive.

Ok, enuf on New Orleans. :cool:
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Originally posted by Fudgie the Whale:
Let's say you're in the 6th round of a 12 team draft and it's your pick. Your team so far is:
QB - Big Ben
RB's - Mojo, Maroney
WR's - Moss, Holmes

You can choose between:
RB: Ronnie/Ricky, Fred, Lendale
WR: Evans, Chambers, Driver, Coles
TE: Clark, Cooley

Which way would you go? Just askin... I'd go with Evans. He had a down year last season but is a quality talent and as a WR3 I think that lessens the blow if he struggles. But if he doesn't, now you're loaded at WR and in a PPR league having three good WRs is huge.

Frankly, I can't figure out what to make of LenDale White this year. I don't want to like him but I look at his numbers last year and they weren't that bad. He has to be the least impressive RB2 option available but he will be available if you're looking for one in the 4th-6th rounds. The Titans can't throw the ball with Vince Young at QB so they could run it 30-35 times a game. Even with Chris Johnson in the picture, White should get plenty of carries this year. I just wish I could sell myself on him more.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich