A Special Late Night Chat With Me

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:27 pm

With the showings in Tampa and now Orlando, why even have a 4th option? N.Y....Chicago....Vegas cover the U.S. very well. Keep it at 3 and avoid the hassle.

BTW, no way McFadden even comes close to being the best rookie back.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
russ, while you're in orlando, don't let them sell you a condo. too late...lol I'm staying in my timeshare when we get there! :rolleyes: :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:31 pm

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by kentuckythunder:
russ, while you're in orlando, don't let them sell you a condo. too late...lol I'm staying in my timeshare when we get there! :rolleyes: :D [/QUOTE]they got you, didn't they?

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:32 pm

I don't care if you have it in my backyard and get a babysitter for the kids..I'm still coming to Vegas.

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 pm

New Orleans is the way to go.
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
With the showings in Tampa and now Orlando, why even have a 4th option? N.Y....Chicago....Vegas cover the U.S. very well. Keep it at 3 and avoid the hassle.

BTW, no way McFadden even comes close to being the best rookie back. GLY, you may be right. LV, Chi, NY are good enough. save the expense, you'll just make it harder on anyone from the southeast.

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:37 pm

quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

BTW, no way McFadden even comes close to being the best rookie back. GLY, you may be right. LV, Chi, NY are good enough. save the expense, you'll just make it harder on anyone from the southeast.
[/QUOTE]who's your best rookie RB, GLY?

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:41 pm

i'm not going to the mains, so for what it's worth, i like chris johnson. with vince's passing skills, CJ may catch 100 passes this year.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:55 pm

CJ is faster in person than he looks on TV. No way Lendale holds onto the starting spot.

Cities: I agree with GLU and say keep it at 3 though an international destination might be cool. Jamaica or any one of those all-inclusive resorts where you could take the family or sig other and make it a yearly vacation with a day or two of drafting mixed in with a little gambling?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:50 am

tom
are you and greg pleased with the way everything is going so far this year? Okay, it looks like Tom was up late last night chatting with you folks. ;) I like it, I like it.

I'll try to extend the chat a bit this morning, so if anyone has any questions for Tom or myself feel free to post them here. We're both on the phone and in and out, but we'll answer all we can.

As for the question, are we pleased with the NFFC this year? Well, let's just say I'm pretty sure it has aged me in dog years, so I'll look seven years older this year in Las Vegas than last year? :D And that's not because of the Fisher Party last year. :D

We obviously had grandiose plans for the NFFC this year and we didn't hit our goals, which is always disappointing. But in February when this plan took hold with NBC Sports, we didn't envision the economy being as poor as it is now and we didn't envision the fantasy football market being so wild. I think our plan going forward probably needs some tweaking too as maybe two main events at exactly the same price and prize structure is a bit much. We'll see.

Still, thanks to a strong last two weeks, I think our events are going to be strong and we've obviously built something special with the two event concept. I think the addition of the 12-team main event has been good and I know some of those NFFC veterans wouldn't have returned to our 14-team format without the alternative. I'm also pleased that our 14-team main event and side events are very strong. And I'm just blown away that 150+ owners are participating in both main events, which is the best sign of all.

So there's a lot of good that has come out of the 2008 NFFC and I think the entire industry will be watching us in late December as we follow the teams who are in contention for both $100,000 grand prizes and the $1 million bonus. I'm VERY excited about that and since the insurance is already paid, I'll be rooting for someone to accomplish this feat.

On the downside, we failed to bring in more newbies from the industry and from our partnership than expected, which was disappointing, but in time I think we'll be fine. Rotoworld.com will shoot a lot of video of the event in New York and we'll create a clip that will be on our home page for next year and give a visual of what newbies can expect at the next event. We plan on growing this to a two-event format for baseball and eventually expand to an online championship if the market merits it. We're still working on basketball plans for 2008-09, too.

Are we happy? Yes. We could be happier, but come Draft Day when I look out at a full room in Las Vegas I'll be relieved, proud, and yes, even happy. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius