A Special Late Night Chat With Me

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:06 am

Greg,

I think at this point we just want our draft spots/Leagues. ;) No rush.

John

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:12 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Greg,

John In less than three days you'll have them. :D Enjoy the time until then.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:17 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Greg,

[/QUOTE]Is Sunday out of the question? :D

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:26 am

Greg,

Can you enlighten us as to why there is a delay in the NY-Orl live dc draft?
Jeff Potok

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:50 am

Greg I am somewhat surprised to see the lack of extra exposure from NBC. Sure they had information on their site, but I am unaware of ANY promos on even local stations or additional print ads with the Peacock inviting the "non NFFC" audience to join leagues this year.

Perhaps/hopefully that is just because from a large, corporate entity point of view they just couldn't get all that done (or decide what to do) in such a short period of time (from the final agreement) and they will be all over it next year.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 am

I think the Olympics had something to do with it. Next year, I'm sure they will pump the contest up.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Greg,

[/QUOTE]Is Sunday out of the question? :D
[/QUOTE]No. If we settle in at 240 and 294 where we are now, we won't push it too long. Right now, Tom and I are coming into the office on Sunday morning and if all looks good we'll pick the draft spots for the main events. If one can be done before the other we'll do that. We're just going to be EXTRA careful this year to make sure the KDS preferences are done correctly.

Stay tuned and by tomorrow we'll have a better plan. With any luck, one or both could be finalized by Sunday afternoon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Greg,

Can you enlighten us as to why there is a delay in the NY-Orl live dc draft? Because we have 15 owners for 14 spots.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:57 am

SWEET! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:09 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg I am somewhat surprised to see the lack of extra exposure from NBC. Sure they had information on their site, but I am unaware of ANY promos on even local stations or additional print ads with the Peacock inviting the "non NFFC" audience to join leagues this year.

Perhaps/hopefully that is just because from a large, corporate entity point of view they just couldn't get all that done (or decide what to do) in such a short period of time (from the final agreement) and they will be all over it next year. I think everyone would like to see TV ads promoting the live events, but we knew that in Year One that would be impossible. The fact that NBC does advertise Rotoworld.com during the NFL pre-season is good for everyone and shows that in time this could be available for us, too.

We had exposure on Rotoworld.com through ads, columns and the Message Boards, and they did e-mail their lists, but this is all a work in progress. I guess it will take time to get the type of exposure everyone expects, but in time this will all work out. We have great contacts at NBC Sports with Rick Cordella and Rick Wolf leading the charge and in time I think we'll get the local affiliates more involved.

We need to show folks what the event looks like, get some visuals on the site and continue to be successful to make this all happen. And I think in time we'll get there.