A Special Late Night Chat With Me

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:15 am

Last night there was a lot of talk about future draft sites. Has there been any thought to having it in an NFL stadium? For those of us who have never been there, a live draft on the 50 yard line of Lambeau would be sweet (rain or shine!). In New England, the Patriots routinely rent their clubhouse suites overlooking the field at Gillette Stadium for travel shows, etc. I assume that Soldier Field may have a similar arrangement, and Jets-Giants Stadium eventually in NY.

Having the draft in an actual NFL stadium would add a great atmosphere to an already great live draft experience.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:15 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
I think the Olympics had something to do with it. Next year, I'm sure they will pump the contest up. I think that is an Excellent point John - obviously their network has been completely pre-occupied with that.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:17 am

Originally posted by Another Pats Lombardi Trophy:
Last night there was a lot of talk about future draft sites. Has there been any thought to having it in an NFL stadium? For those of us who have never been there, a live draft on the 50 yard line of Lambeau would be sweet (rain or shine!). In New England, the Patriots routinely rent their clubhouse suites overlooking the field at Gillette Stadium for travel shows, etc. I assume that Soldier Field may have a similar arrangement, and Jets-Giants Stadium eventually in NY.

Having the draft in an actual NFL stadium would add a great atmosphere to an already great live draft experience. Have the draft at the Borgata Atlantic City. Nothing better than that place. :D

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:20 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg I am somewhat surprised to see the lack of extra exposure from NBC. Sure they had information on their site, but I am unaware of ANY promos on even local stations or additional print ads with the Peacock inviting the "non NFFC" audience to join leagues this year.

Perhaps/hopefully that is just because from a large, corporate entity point of view they just couldn't get all that done (or decide what to do) in such a short period of time (from the final agreement) and they will be all over it next year. I think everyone would like to see TV ads promoting the live events, but we knew that in Year One that would be impossible. The fact that NBC does advertise Rotoworld.com during the NFL pre-season is good for everyone and shows that in time this could be available for us, too.

We had exposure on Rotoworld.com through ads, columns and the Message Boards, and they did e-mail their lists, but this is all a work in progress. I guess it will take time to get the type of exposure everyone expects, but in time this will all work out. We have great contacts at NBC Sports with Rick Cordella and Rick Wolf leading the charge and in time I think we'll get the local affiliates more involved.

We need to show folks what the event looks like, get some visuals on the site and continue to be successful to make this all happen. And I think in time we'll get there.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Did the idea of filming one guy at each site fly?

John

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:49 am

Vegas gets Fox Sports.

NY gets Rotoworld.

Chicago gets ...?

Florida... who cares, last year there anyway?

NBC discussion - don't even get me started. They had a window of opportunity and they blew it. As a player I see no benefit from that union at all. All fluff and no substance.

At the very least they could have given every paid participant a subscription to Rotoworld but they didn't even do that. Why not? What would it really cost them? Maybe we will all get some NBC swag at the draft?

Sounds like a one-way street to me. Greg and Tom have their workload doubled and NBC gets to hang their name on the challenge while the player gets nothing but more chances to spend money.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:52 am

I say after the drafts are over invite some of us diehards to talk with NBC and we can tell them in person what we want. A roundtable discussion would be a good move on their part to give them a true sense of how we want to spend our dollars as I believe we (us fanatics) represent the market they are trying (used loosely) to enter.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:04 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Greg,

I think at this point we just want our draft spots/Leagues. ;) No rush.

John In less than three days you'll have them. :D Enjoy the time until then.
[/QUOTE]Is Sunday out of the question? :D
[/QUOTE]This was in my Outook Inbox this morning from Rotoworld:

=========================================
Last Chance to Join NBC NFFC, Win $100,000

Win $100,000 Cash
Spots are limited - All prizes are GUARANTEED
Signup today and get your draft position on Sunday August 24th.

Hmmmmmm :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:08 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Chicago gets ...? Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Not one but two defending overall champs in Chicago Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Florida... who cares, last year there anyway? Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
and the brilliance of the Florida fun in Orlando.There ya go! :D

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
What more could a serious fantasy football player ask for? Our draft slots...soon!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:08 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Greg,

I think at this point we just want our draft spots/Leagues. ;) No rush.

John In less than three days you'll have them. :D Enjoy the time until then.
[/QUOTE]Is Sunday out of the question? :D
[/QUOTE]This was in my Outook Inbox this morning from Rotoworld:

Last Chance to Join NBC NFFC, Win $100,000

Win $100,000 Cash
Spots are limited - All prizes are GUARANTEED
Signup today and get your draft position on Sunday August 24th.

Hmmmmmm :D
[/QUOTE]SWEET! :D Glenn, anything you want me to tell Tiffany for you?

John