I am confused, is Eric Johnson not a good...

ryanash

Post by ryanash » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:36 pm

I am confused,is Eric Johnson not a valuable free agent pickup? Nobody is talking about him and nobody took him in my league until I picked him up today. He had 8 receptions and 1 TD last week. To have the ball thrown that many times to a tight end seems pretty good. Am I missing something or am I just overrating the guy?

[ September 17, 2004, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: dorkknocker ]

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:51 pm

Originally posted by dorkknocker:
I am confused,is Eric Johnson not a valuable free agent pickup? Nobody is talking about him and nobody took him in my league until I picked him up today. He had 8 receptions and 1 TD last week. To have the ball thrown that many times to a tight end seems pretty good. Am I missing something or am I just overrating the guy? He's a decent TE, had a nice game last week. Beyond that, not much to talk about - perhaps overbidding based on what is probably his best game of the year could be a topic. I think I bid $3-4 on him as a backup. I would not expect him to finish among the top 14 TEs this year, but a decent backup if healthy. Which lge you in dork?

JB

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:52 pm

Most of those came on the final drive...i don't think he's going to turn into a stud TE but he may have a couple more decent games this year.

Skelmann

Post by Skelmann » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:15 pm

Johnson went got 146 dollars in my league .I couldnt beleave he went for that much .

Mike :eek:

Uncle Louie

Post by Uncle Louie » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:38 pm

How did you find out how much the free agents went for???

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:13 pm

Originally posted by Uncle Louie:
How did you find out how much the free agents went for??? log in
go to transactions
go to history
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:59 pm

I have Johnson on my NFFC team and my Gekko team and he should pan out very nicely considering what the 49er qb's have to throw to out there. They should be behing in most games so I expect him to catch a good 80 balls this year and in reading some 49er literature before the draft they are looking for him to catch 100. Only time will tell if he's capable of that kind of production.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

ryanash

Post by ryanash » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:21 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by dorkknocker:
I am confused,is Eric Johnson not a valuable free agent pickup? Nobody is talking about him and nobody took him in my league until I picked him up today. He had 8 receptions and 1 TD last week. To have the ball thrown that many times to a tight end seems pretty good. Am I missing something or am I just overrating the guy? He's a decent TE, had a nice game last week. Beyond that, not much to talk about - perhaps overbidding based on what is probably his best game of the year could be a topic. I think I bid $3-4 on him as a backup. I would not expect him to finish among the top 14 TEs this year, but a decent backup if healthy. Which lge you in dork? [/QUOTE]KJ,
I am in Las Vegas League#5. I felt it was a good pick up for me because I had Jim Kliensasser as my TE. I guess time will tell.

[ September 17, 2004, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: dorkknocker ]

ryanash

Post by ryanash » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:27 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
I have Johnson on my NFFC team and my Gekko team and he should pan out very nicely considering what the 49er qb's have to throw to out there. They should be behing in most games so I expect him to catch a good 80 balls this year and in reading some 49er literature before the draft they are looking for him to catch 100. Only time will tell if he's capable of that kind of production. TamuScarecrow,

I hope you are right! I need all the help that I can get now that my top receiver(Steve Smith) went down.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:18 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
I expect him to catch a good 80 balls this year and in reading some 49er literature before the draft they are looking for him to catch 100. season high for rec is 40. guess he's gonna double that. how bout triple with 120 catches?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?