Dope fantasy move of the day?

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 am

I actually convinced myself that the Steelers would dominate the Brown (which in most ways they did) and because of this would not have to "attack" for most of the second half. I convinced myself that Hines Ward would put up a 4-50 type day with others likely getting most of the action as the Steelers ran out the clock in the second half. I much prefer when my better players play vs better teams since usually they are attacking for the entire 60 minutes.

I believed the Lions would get down early vs the Packers (they did) and because of this Bryant Johnson would be a good play for some garbage time numbers. I saw 6-90 and a td type of game for him especially with Calvin Johnson being out.

So minutes before kickoff I benched Ward for Johnson.

Final numbers.

Ward 29.9

Johnson 4.7

Nice job.

[ October 18, 2009, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Never bench Ward.

They are looking to get him 100 catches this year (or so it seems).

He is gonna chew up the Vikings next week, so get him back in there. :D

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Billy,

I obviously normally play him... it was one of those instances where I played a gut feeling just before kickoff. Many times I have benched players who on paper are the superior play or are higher drafted players when I think a matchup will go a certain way and have been right.

However, this week, it was all wrong. I wonder if anyone else made a move this bad.

I wonder if anyone saw the weather in New England and benched Brady, Moss, or Welker if they had a reasonable option on the bench.

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:25 pm

I think I gotcha in the dumb move department.....benching Schaub in 2 NFFC leagues
for Hasselbeck :( :mad: :eek: :confused:

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:27 pm

ouch on schaub for hasselbeck, though i don't think your reasoning was bad. i'm not sure what i would have done in that situation!

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:33 pm

I don't think it was crazy to bench Schaub for Hasselbeck. Schaub was on the road, playing a tough defense... Hasselbeck was at home playing in what looked to be a shootout.

Benching arguably the best WR in fantasy this year from a consistent production standpoint for Bryant Johnson goes down as an epic bad move... :mad:

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Originally posted by Renman:
I don't think it was crazy to bench Schaub for Hasselbeck. Schaub was on the road, playing a tough defense... Hasselbeck was at home playing in what looked to be a shootout.

Benching arguably the best WR in fantasy this year from a consistent production standpoint for Bryant Johnson goes down as an epic bad move... :mad: Yeah, I think we're both guilty of "over-analyzing".

When it gets own to it, Ward is way better than B Johnson, and Schaub is better than Hasselcrack

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
I think I gotcha in the dumb move department.....benching Schaub in 2 NFFC leagues
for Hasselbeck :( :mad: :eek: :confused: I would have played Hasselbeck over Schaub this week ... Thank God I didn't have that choice.
Hakuna Matata!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey i played Garrarrard over Schaub and he did what i thought he could go over 300 yards passing and run for another 30 but zero td's killed what could have been a big day.I also played Burton over Washington [tenn] and Hakeem Nicks over Larry Johnson so got back 20 of those points.So overall probably lost 5 points,damn i feel better.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!