Dope fantasy move of the day?

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Originally posted by Renman:
I actually convinced myself that the Steelers would dominate the Brown (which in most ways they did) and because of this would not have to "attack" for most of the second half. I convinced myself that Hines Ward would put up a 4-50 type day with others likely getting most of the action as the Steelers ran out the clock in the second half. I much prefer when my better players play vs better teams since usually they are attacking for the entire 60 minutes.

I believed the Lions would get down early vs the Packers (they did) and because of this Bryant Johnson would be a good play for some garbage time numbers. I saw 6-90 and a td type of game for him especially with Calvin Johnson being out.

So minutes before kickoff I benched Ward for Johnson.

Final numbers.

Ward 29.9

Johnson 4.7

Nice job. classic case of out thinking yourself. don't bench studs unless they are hurt. at least u had the guts to post your bad move so i give u props for that.

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:10 pm

I will say that there have been many times I have benched my studs and made the right call. I know Ward is "better than" B. Johnson but we all handicap how we think the games are going to break (or maybe some people don't and automatically start their higher drafted players and I am in the minority) and based on what I personally was projecting I believed Johnson would outscore Ward this week.

I over thought it and paid for it.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:20 pm

I saw an owner play Ben Watson over Shiancoe.That cost 20.Another owner leading our league played ELI over Rothlisberger and paid a big price.There out there folks but nobody wants to talk about them.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:17 am

James,

I hear ya, I was high on B.Johnson this week as well. For as bad as this turned out, I know You have made many better moves that of course You didn't post. No way You become Good in this Game without taking chances.

"Play Your stud all the time." I don't agree.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:59 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
I actually convinced myself that the Steelers would dominate the Brown (which in most ways they did) and because of this would not have to "attack" for most of the second half. I convinced myself that Hines Ward would put up a 4-50 type day with others likely getting most of the action as the Steelers ran out the clock in the second half. I much prefer when my better players play vs better teams since usually they are attacking for the entire 60 minutes.

I believed the Lions would get down early vs the Packers (they did) and because of this Bryant Johnson would be a good play for some garbage time numbers. I saw 6-90 and a td type of game for him especially with Calvin Johnson being out.

So minutes before kickoff I benched Ward for Johnson.

Final numbers.

Ward 29.9

Johnson 4.7

Nice job. classic case of out thinking yourself. don't bench studs unless they are hurt. at least u had the guts to post your bad move so i give u props for that.
[/QUOTE]IS THIS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK G.G.? IN THE FFPC MAIN YOU BENCHED LANCE MOORE FOR NORTHCUTT AND CALDWELL.

NOT CALLING MOORE A STUD BUT ON PAPER HE IS BETTER THAN THOSE GUYS.

SOMETIMES YOU JUST PLAY YOUR GUT FEELING AND IT WORKS SOMETIMES AND SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
IS THIS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK G.G.? IN THE FFPC MAIN YOU BENCHED LANCE MOORE FOR NORTHCUTT AND CALDWELL.

SOMETIMES YOU JUST PLAY YOUR GUT FEELING AND IT WORKS SOMETIMES AND SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T. where have you been for the season???? l.moore has been a DUD every week prior to week 6. H.Ward has been a STUD. you need to work on your comparison skills. l.moore = h.ward for the first 5 weeks???? come on man. :rolleyes:

ps - i did play l.moore in my other FFPC league. i wonder how many non DC owners had the guts to roll with l.moore, besides me.

pss - it's nice to see other people paying more attention to my teams than I do!!

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 am

Gee, how could anyone think of benching lance moore for northcutt this week?

Let’s see, lance moore’s background entering week 6:
Week One 5.8pts
Week Two 0 points
Week Three 0 points
Week Four 1.1 points (hamstring injury surfaced)
Week Five 0 points (bye)

Ya, lance shoulda been a slam dunk play for everyone

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 am

quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
IS THIS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK G.G.? IN THE FFPC MAIN YOU BENCHED LANCE MOORE FOR NORTHCUTT AND CALDWELL.

SOMETIMES YOU JUST PLAY YOUR GUT FEELING AND IT WORKS SOMETIMES AND SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T. where have you been for the season???? l.moore has been a DUD every week prior to week 6. H.Ward has been a STUD. you need to work on your comparison skills. l.moore = h.ward for the first 5 weeks???? come on man. :rolleyes:

ps - i did play l.moore in my other FFPC league. i wonder how many non DC owners had the guts to roll with l.moore, besides me.

pss - it's nice to see other people paying more attention to my teams than I do!!
[/QUOTE]I GUESS YOU DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE QUOTE. I SAID THE MOORE WASN'T A STUD PER SAY HOWEVER YOU THINK NORTHCUTT IS A BETTER PLAY?

EVEN CALDWELL? MR. I CATCH TD'S AT THE END OF TWO GAMES?

VERSUS

MOORE WHO HAS THE BEST FANTASY FOOTBALL Q.B. THROWING THE ROCK.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME G.G.?

AND OF COURSE I'M GOING TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE TEAM THAT IS IN FIRST PLACE IN MY LEAGUE.

DUH :D :D

JUST GIVING YOU SOME GRIEF G.G. LIKE ALWAYS. :D

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:53 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I GUESS YOU DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE QUOTE. I SAID THE MOORE WASN'T A STUD PER SAY HOWEVER YOU THINK NORTHCUTT IS A BETTER PLAY?

VERSUS

ARE YOU KIDDING ME G.G.?

AND OF COURSE I'M GOING TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE TEAM THAT IS IN FIRST PLACE IN MY LEAGUE.

JUST GIVING YOU SOME GRIEF G.G. LIKE ALWAYS. :D listen - lance moore was a "gotta show me b4 you get in my lineup" type of player this week. he's not even close to hines ward, so your comparison didn't make a lot of sense.

i'm still waiting for the other lance moore owners who started him to raise their hands. am i the only one with enough SKILL?!?!? ;)

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:19 am

quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I GUESS YOU DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE QUOTE. I SAID THE MOORE WASN'T A STUD PER SAY HOWEVER YOU THINK NORTHCUTT IS A BETTER PLAY?

VERSUS

ARE YOU KIDDING ME G.G.?

JUST GIVING YOU SOME GRIEF G.G. LIKE ALWAYS. :D listen - lance moore was a "gotta show me b4 you get in my lineup" type of player this week. he's not even close to hines ward, so your comparison didn't make a lot of sense.

i'm still waiting for the other lance moore owners who started him to raise their hands. am i the only one with enough SKILL?!?!? ;)
[/QUOTE]I'm not the kind of Player who brags about "My Good Plays" only my Bone Head Plays.