Is It Twue???

pizzatyme

Is It Twue???

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:53 pm

I like what Joe and David do over at FBGs.

Rule #1- Be excellent to each other.
Rule #2- If you break rule #1, face suspension.
Start with a week and progress from there.

I like everyone on here for the most part. I like Glenn. But if someone goes too far, don't lower yourself as the game operator, just follow a protocol.

Way too much drama on here for me. I find myself coming here less and less and I thought that would NEVER happen! :(
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Is It Twue???

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 pm

I apologize if people think I lowered myself. One thing to remember is Greg and I have been extremely reluctant to ban people or suspend people. We would like to believe that people can behave like adults. It's a simple request but unfortunately it's one we've had to reiterate more often than we care to over the years.

As I said before, if anyone comes here and makes insinuations about any of our events without any evidence to support such an insinuation than Greg and I are likely to respond. I see no reason why we should sit idly by while people toss baseless allegations around that have the potential to do damage to our events.

In any event, my apologies if people believe I did not behave the way you think I should have. It simply grows a bit tiresome having to deal with the same type of behavior over and over again that adds nothing positive to our event or these message boards. Perhaps it's time for Greg and I to start taking stricter measures. I suppose that's something we can talk about and enforce if we are left with no other choice.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Is It Twue???

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Perhaps it's time for Greg and I to start taking stricter measures. I suppose that's something we can talk about and enforce if we are left with no other choice. This.

You are better than how you came off, TK.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

Is It Twue???

Post by renman » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:07 pm

While I am not ready to say a player of the level of MSW should be blocked or removed from the pool. I do hope that Greg/Tom (Tom says they will be making a decision) will allow the owner in question to drop the proper player (likely Hardesty who is done for the year) as opposed to MSW. If for no other reason than the free agent system was quite complicated compared to years past.

This is an example of what I believe is the "right thing to do" by game operators who themselves are expert level players. Expert level players can make executive decisions that are in the best interests of the overall contest as opposed to blindly following the "rules" when sometimes the rules can't cover everything.

While GK doesn't always express things in the ideal manner.. and he may be a little "relentless" on certain points, him bringing up this issue is a good thing because this discussion contributes to the event improving. Having said that, I do not think Tom owes much of an apology because he (and Greg) have put a TON into making the NFFC great and I think we all can recognize how frustrating it can be if you get the sense someone is dumping on your hard work. I am not saying GK is doing that, but I can see how some could interpret it that way.

Max Factor

Is It Twue???

Post by Max Factor » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I apologize if people think I lowered myself. One thing to remember is Greg and I have been extremely reluctant to ban people or suspend people. We would like to believe that people can behave like adults. It's a simple request but unfortunately it's one we've had to reiterate more often than we care to over the years.

As I said before, if anyone comes here and makes insinuations about any of our events without any evidence to support such an insinuation than Greg and I are likely to respond. I see no reason why we should sit idly by while people toss baseless allegations around that have the potential to do damage to our events.

In any event, my apologies if people believe I did not behave the way you think I should have. It simply grows a bit tiresome having to deal with the same type of behavior over and over again that adds nothing positive to our event or these message boards. Perhaps it's time for Greg and I to start taking stricter measures. I suppose that's something we can talk about and enforce if we are left with no other choice. You two guys have exercised much more patience than most. I visit this board often but do not post too often. GK posts are relentless and obnoxious. He has had pi$$ing contests with many participants over the years that continued for 10 pages or more. He starts more threads than anyone, some with the intention to mislead people with his HONEST opinion. There are some points that he makes that are valid but many here ignore his opinions because of his attitude.

I, for one, would not miss his rants if you were to suspend his message board rights.

"The customer is always right" attitude has it's limits and he has carried it too far.
Jeff Potok

Route Collectors

Is It Twue???

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by ImTheScientist:
GK, grow up, stop crying, and worry about your own squad and not others. snake makes some valid points and if others pile on by insulting him it just makes things worse. if you do not agree with him then make your point and move on without throwing insults. this is not a cut and dry issue but it is not wrong to talk about it. [/QUOTE]Agreed Frank. After starting this thread the 1st post essentially told GK to shut up and mind his own business (pay attention to your own team).
To me that post is hostile in nature and it was applauded.

If owners or anyone else have a problem with certain tones used on this MB then I suggest they don't participate in it themselves.

GK has made plenty of errors on these boards...he knows that and so do the rest of us but for crying out loud...can we try to keep the issues seperate here.

It's like any time someone doesn't agree with him they hit the GK default response "get him off the MB" :confused:

I've read through all the threads on this subject and there are plenty of posts that are abrasive. I just wonder why only his are ever called out.

renman

Is It Twue???

Post by renman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:17 am

Route C,

You are 100% right. Message boards develop a "culture" and cliques. I have been the target too. Certain usernames become "unpopular" and a message board mob can at times "pile on" the isolated voice.

It certainly has happened to me. Snake would agree that there have been times he was unreasonable and I think Tom at times has been in the right for being frustrated with some of it. But there is a bit of "piling on" that goes on with Snake.

Max Factor

Is It Twue???

Post by Max Factor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:33 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Route C,

You are 100% right. Message boards develop a "culture" and cliques. I have been the target too. Certain usernames become "unpopular" and a message board mob can at times "pile on" the isolated voice.

It certainly has happened to me. Snake would agree that there have been times he was unreasonable and I think Tom at times has been in the right for being frustrated with some of it. But there is a bit of "piling on" that goes on with Snake. It is self imposed.

If he took Frank's advice and stated his opinion and moved on, nobody would "pile on". But no, he goes on and on and on and on just like the energizer bunny always wanting to get the last word.

[ September 20, 2010, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Max Factor ]
Jeff Potok