Is It Twue???

BLACKHAND

Is It Twue???

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:42 am

jeff , just dont bother with the thread. i do that lots of times. i just dont get involved. it doesnt both me when two other guys get into it which happens many times. nobody scolds them. lets just wait till tom and greg make the decision what to do today. i hope they make the right choice as it is more involved than people think. they run a biz here and im sure they will make the right choice.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Is It Twue???

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 am

Our decision was to put Sims-Walker back on the owner's roster due to his ADP and drop Hardesty. The owner told me he tried to drop Hardesty and another player but was outbid and therefore could not drop them. As I posted Saturday night, this was certainly very understandable. It's something that happened to me in the Magazine Auction League with Ryan Grant.

Once again, I will ask that instead of coming to the boards and creating a major issue out of a very minor one that our participants allow Greg and I to make our ruling once we have all of the facts at hand. If you question our ruling later that's fine. We're both big boys. But coming onto the boards and making ill-informed and ridiculous posts does a disservice to everyone - especially the owner in question who based on my conversations with him did nothing wrong. Once again, it's important to remember that just because someone does something you don't agree with it doesn't make the move wrong and it certainly doesn't mean an entire event's integrity is in question.

Anyway, that's our ruling. Good luck to everyone who is in that league.

[ September 20, 2010, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Is It Twue???

Post by Old School » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:27 am

This is my league, so I guess I can comment.
It is absolutely the right decision though I probably would have been right there bidding on him this week. :D

This is also the league where a husband and wife drafted two teams. One dropped MSW when the other has no good WR's. Whether or not their story is true or not, it doesn't pass the smell test.

It's the right decision by Tom and Greg

Tom Kessenich

Is It Twue???

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:30 am

Originally posted by GK:
...good decision here and more importantly the RIGHT one...WHO brought this up and started this thread to make things right here in the first place anyway?...that kat is my hero ...GK Glenn, if your purpose today is to receive a seven-day suspension from these boards you are well on your way to getting one. You've said enough in this thread. I strongly recommend that you cease to post here.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Is It Twue???

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:33 am

Originally posted by Old School:
This is my league, so I guess I can comment.
It is absolutely the right decision though I probably would have been right there bidding on him this week. :D

This is also the league where a husband and wife drafted two teams. One dropped MSW when the other has no good WR's. Whether or not their story is true or not, it doesn't pass the smell test.

It's the right decision by Tom and Greg My only point on this whole thing is that people get all worked up over these cuts well before we have a chance to contact the owners involved. We've been doing this for 7 years now guys and we've had to handle accidental Steve Smith cuts and others like MSW. Each team we reach out to the owners and find out what happened and make decisions based on that. Other leagues handle this differently, so for someone to make a post and accuse folks of things before we even have the facts isn't the right way to go.

Let Tom and I get to the bottom of this and make the right call. These are easy. If it wasn't a mistake and we felt collusion was involved, the player would be removed from the league. It's an easy call for Tom and I. We can perform the sniff test too and this one was an obvious error while using new software. It may happen again and we'll make the right call again.

Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Is It Twue???

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:03 am

Our decision was to put Sims-Walker back on the owner's roster due to his ADP and drop Hardesty. The owner told me he tried to drop Hardesty and another player but was outbid and therefore could not drop them. As I posted Saturday night, this was certainly very understandable. Just to get this straight in my mind,

He did not make a mistake or have an issue with the software.

He set his bids and wanted to drop MSW but you put him BACK on his roster because of his ADP?

Are those the facts?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Is It Twue???

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:09 am

Yes those are the facts, Rob. I'm sure you are well aware that we have the right to intercede with free-agent moves if we believe it's justified. In case you have forgotten, here is the excerpt from our Rules:

"All drops are also subject to review by the commissioner of the NFFC and can be revoked if the dropped player is deemed too valuable to be offered to that league's free agent pool."

I also want to stress that there is NOTHING at this time to indicate any form of collusion or improper behavior going on with this situation. Any allegations made at this time are entirely baseless. Greg and I are well aware of all of the facts of this situation and stand by the decision that we have made.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Is It Twue???

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:22 am

Just to try to understand this as a possible precedent ... If they didn't have Hardesty on I/R would you still have put MSW back on their team and forced them to drop Morgan or someone else? IOW, was it more about having the dead roster spot or about MSW's ADP?

Tom Kessenich

Is It Twue???

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 am

Mike, we have made rulings like this before for both the NFFC and NFBC. It is clearly stated in our rules that all drops are subject to commissioner reversal if we deem them necessary. I posted the exact passage from our Rules in case people hadn't read them. I'm not sure what the issue is now. This isn't a decision we pulled out of thin air. This is what Greg and I do. We reviewed the move as we always do and made this decision.

[ September 20, 2010, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich