Is It Twue???

Glenneration X

Is It Twue???

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 am

I don't why, and I know I'm definately in the minority here, but I love the back & forth stuff that's posted on these boards. I find it very entertaining.

My personal favorite of this thread so far, is Tom's latest post admonishing Snake and threatening him with a seven day suspension. It wasn't so much the post itself, but the tone of it. It reminds me of how I warn my 2 1/2 year old son of a potential time out if he continues misbehaving.
Snake of course plays the role of my son continuing to misbehave nonetheless.

Great stuff guys, keep up the good work.

Glenn

Ted's Cracked Head

Is It Twue???

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:32 am

Tom,

Thanks for the reminder of your rights as an operator. The "In case you have forgotten" comment was a nice little touch. That was greatly appreciated.

My thoughts:

If the player had made an error I could see rewarding them by putting the player in question BACK on their roster.

If the player made no error in the process and wanted to drop a specific player, that player should not go BACK to the owners roster.

The next step would be to determine if the player was worthy of being removed from the player pool.

In your response you stated that MSW's ADP was why he was placed back onto the roster.

In doing so you have established that MSW if dropped, should be removed from the player pool.

You have further established that any player whose ADP was higher than MSW will be pulled from the player pool if all things are comparable including health and what not.

IMHO, MSW should have been removed from the player pool and not placed BACK onto the owners roster.

You have rewarded a bad owner and technically managed their team.

Your decision harmed the rest of the owners in that league and possibly everyone in the Online Championship.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Raiders

Is It Twue???

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:34 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I don't why, and I know I'm definately in the minority here, but I love the back & forth stuff that's posted on these boards. I find it very entertaining.

My personal favorite of this thread so far, is Tom's latest post admonishing Snake and threatening him with a seven day suspension. It wasn't so much the post itself, but the tone of it. It reminds me of how I warn my 2 1/2 year old son of a potential time out if he continues misbehaving.
Snake of course plays the role of my son continuing to misbehave nonetheless.

Great stuff guys, keep up the good work.

Glenn There's many ways to walk thru life.
You can walk blind and deaf.
You can see and alarm.

Glenn(Glenneration X) Snake is not blind or deaf.

John

[ September 20, 2010, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Tom Kessenich

Is It Twue???

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:35 am

I surrender. I'll let Greg talk about this more if he chooses but this is not a new precedent. It is CLEARLY stated in our rules that we have the right to overturn a free-agent drop. We have done this before with both of our events so this is not something that we just decided to implement today.

It's pretty obvious we can't win with some of you. People were screaming about this drop and demanding that it be revoked. We revoked it and now we have people lashing out at us again, including some who aren't even in the NFFC this year. I'm not sure what we can do at this point. But like I said, I'll let Greg respond further if he chooses. I'm done with this thread.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Is It Twue???

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:41 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:

IMHO, MSW should have been removed from the player pool and not placed BACK onto the owners roster.

I agree that on the surface this would appear to have been the fairer option to follow.

However, I also know that unlike what is traditionally followed in other contests, Greg & Tom have always gone out of their way to help owners who make honest mistakes. I've benefitted from their fairness in these matters before and understand when they try to do the right things by others.

It sounds like Hardesty would have been this owner's first option to drop, with MSW being second, however due to software unfamiliarity the owner did not set it up right.

Let's give the owner, as well as Greg & Tom a break here. SOP at the NFFC was pretty much followed here as far as I can tell.

Glenn

Ted's Cracked Head

Is It Twue???

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:52 am

I love that Greg and Tom go out of their way to help someone who has made an error. I think that is always the way to go but in this case it sounds like the owner did not make a mistake. It sounds like the owner mismanaged their team and was rewarded.

I will grant Tom's wish and go away. This is my last post.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

RedRyder

Is It Twue???

Post by RedRyder » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 am

No comment on the ruling, I'm on vacation. I really don't have a lean on it.

But, I will say, Rob Benetti is a class act and good for the NFFC. He has represented his Championship well for you folks. He didn't deserve the snide comment.
@RedRyder