I'll Be Chatting Today At 2 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:40 am

Originally posted by renman:
Tom,

I targeted Big Ben and Romo as mid draft QB's in every single one of my leagues. Are you saying I should not expect 9 TD's per week between them?

-if you had to choose between a caddy williams who may try to play with a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong about his durability, and fat lendale white who just watched Brown out perform him last week... who would you start? Williams vs New Orleans, White vs Colts.

-I agree with you on Branch and saw that game as a fluke. Would not be surprised to see Hasselback feed him balls and target him 10 times this week. I also feel same way about V. Davis. What are your thoughts on the TE? I'd go with Cadillac if he starts but I wouldn't count on him getting any touchdowns. I like Davis and I think the Niners' passing game will be better. I was shocked at how bad Smith played. I'm not a huge fan but he finished well last season and I wasn't expecting him to look like a CFL reject in the pocket. He was better on the last drive at least.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:41 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
Tom, as a game operator, do you think you should be giving out opinions that could influence decisions in the game? Shouldn't you have voiced your concerns about Tom's opinions BEFORE Draft Day? Didn't Tom's opinions bother you then??

Tom, you really are a loose cannon!! :D
[/QUOTE]Sorry, I should have been more specific and stated just the concern about giving out faab info as a game operator. My bad.

Someone else brought this concern up before I did in this thread, so I'm not alone.
[/QUOTE]Asked and answered.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:42 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
If Benson struggles, will it be Peterson or will they give Wolfe a chance early on? I think Peterson will get the first shot. It doesn't sound like Wolfe is ready to see major time yet. [/QUOTE]There is no way Wolfe will be able to handle physically the full load.

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:43 am

Thoughts on KJ...When he returns (looks like Week 3) & how much they use him...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:44 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
Thoughts on KJ...When he returns (looks like Week 3) & how much they use him... I think they ease him into the workload and if he looks good he'll get his starting job back within 2-3 weeks. He's a much more talented RB than Bell but I would expect Bell to keep getting 8-10 carries a game. He's a very good change-of-pace RB.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:46 am

Benson will be ok I think. Heck look how bad LT looked on sunday against the Bears. The Bear run defense is good but not that good.
Bauler Shot Caller

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:47 am

Does Jackson have any upside in your opinion with Morency CONTINUING to be unable to see the field...

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:48 am

We all know how great Peterson can be but can he hold up physically if Taylor is out for an extended period?
Jeff Potok

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:49 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
Does Jackson have any upside in your opinion with Morency CONTINUING to be unable to see the field... Very little. I'm just not impressed by him. He looks very very ordinary. I'm not a fan of his at all.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:50 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'm just guessing on FAAB. People need to make their own decisions as I've been saying. I can tell people to start Player X over Player Y but the owner has to make the decision himself. All I'm doing is offering an opinion and given how I've never won $100,000 playing fantasy football that might be something that needs to be factored into the equation as well. This disclaimer softens up what you initially said and is great.

I'm sure you have dozens of new owners that have killed in their local leagues for a decade and are ready to step into this arena and aren't 100% sure on faab yet. I would hate to see a guy lower his faab from 650 to 450 based on a post and then lose out on a needed RB, or a guy that bid 250 raise to 450 and find out he could have still rec'd him for 250.

If I'm seeing the TK say 400-450, and I'm new, I'm changing my bid. Heck, I almost changed MY bid. LOL. You're not the tremendous slouch you think you are!!! ;) (sorry, fell asleep to Caddyshack last nite)

[ September 14, 2007, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.