I'll Be Chatting Today At 2 PM ET

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:21 am

Is Morris still SA's primary cuff with Pearman there now and how effective do you think he'd be if given a chance again (last year it was with Wallace at QB mainly)...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:22 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
Is Morris still SA's primary cuff with Pearman there now and how effective do you think he'd be if given a chance again (last year it was with Wallace at QB mainly)... I've never been a big Morris fan. I think what he showed last season is about what you should expect if he was thrust into the starting lineup again.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:23 am

I had a typo in the Jones boys question. I meant to say James, not Jacoby. I think James Jones will have the better fantasy season though I do think they'll be close. I like both of them. Sorry for any confusion there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:32 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
TK...

1) do you think Maroney will be trusted more by Cheatin' Bill as the season progresses and he gets into game shape or will there be more of a distribution of carries there than originally thought?...

2) Portis has proven in the past that he can more than shoulder the load when called upon to do so...given that his skill set is infinitly superior to Betts, do you also think that HC Joey gives him the rock more and more as the games roll on as well?...

...SNAKE 1. I think Morris definitely someone to watch. We'll learn a lot about the Patriots' running game this week in my opinion.

2. I think Portis will get the majority of the carries but Betts will still have a role. Smart move if it helps keep Portis healthy all season which should be the primary goal.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:41 am

Tom,

Thanks for clearing the Oswald mess up for me.

Now, could you soothe my mind on a few of my draft blunders?

1. Will Deion Branch catch a pass this year? I was expecting about 70-900-8 on the optimistic end. Feasible?

2. I assume that you attended the Packer game last week. With an in-house view, aside from the great effort of the GB D, how did Kevin Curtis look out there? Good separation? Did McNabb look (not just target) his way much?

3. Barring injury, do you think Foster and DeAngelo W. will share the load the entire season, or will D.W. step up and snatch the job? If he does, will Foster replace him in short yardage/goal line? I have one of each and BOTH in another league. They're just flex options for me (thankfully), but could one turn out to be a steal?
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:47 am

Originally posted by Primo:
Tom,

Thanks for clearing the Oswald mess up for me.

Now, could you soothe my mind on a few of my draft blunders?

1. Will Deion Branch catch a pass this year? I was expecting about 70-900-8 on the optimistic end. Feasible?

2. I assume that you attended the Packer game last week. With an in-house view, aside from the great effort of the GB D, how did Kevin Curtis look out there? Good separation? Did McNabb look (not just target) his way much?

3. Barring injury, do you think Foster and DeAngelo W. will share the load the entire season, or will D.W. step up and snatch the job? If he does, will Foster replace him in short yardage/goal line? I have one of each and BOTH in another league. They're just flex options for me (thankfully), but could one turn out to be a steal? 1. Absolutely. Week 1 was a fluke. It won't happen again. Branch will be fine.

2. I wasn't at the game but I do believe Curtis is the real deal. McNabb clearly is starting to trust him and we've seen how good Curtis can be as a starter in the past. I liked him as a sleeper coming into the season and nothing has changed that assessment.

3. I think they'll both share the load as long as both are healthy. Both have durability concerns, though, so if one gets hurt the other could take the job and keep it. But right now it looks like about a 50-50 split with both being solid RB3 options.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:54 am

Thanks much, TK. A solid assessment as always. Now I just have to hope you're on point. And think about it...I didn't get my hand slapped once. :D
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.