Best and worst draft pick by ,You?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:08 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
My best in the NFFC main was probably Steve Smith at 3.01, which isn't saying much. This was a brutally tough league and I didn't do anything fantastic to overcome it.

Worst, where to begin? Braylan Edwards at 2.01 was bad. Then it was a close call for me at the time between K Smith and M Forte at 4.14 ... I F'd that one up too. Then came Crayton at 6.14, and in the 14th I backup up K Smith with the world's dumbest criminal candidate, Tatum Bell. Easily the worst of my 8 major drafts/auctions of the year.

Looking at draft picks that I've already dropped from this team ...

11.01 Charger Defense, awful
13.01 Seattle Defense, one nice game, now awful
14.14 Tatum Dumbbell
15.01 R McMichael, hurt early
16.14 Fasasno, hot start and a fade
17.01 A Davis, a big nothing
18.14 kicker

This team, believe it or not, is 5-2. A very, very lucky 5-2. BWazz is on a 7-0 run in this league. On points I don't have a chance, so I'd need to make-up 3 games on BWazz to have any chance, a huge longshot although we do go h2h in week 12. :( KJ, I play BillyWaz soon, too. Let's agree that we both beat him, ok? :D

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:00 am

Deal KOQ!

Sorry Waz, big bullseye on your back.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:04 am

I was just reading the wcoff message board and somebody braught up if you in a league with lets say not the best drafters.His point was to one day maybe rate the top player's and split people up a little.In one league some of the top teams were very high with 5 teams very low.Then somebody showed their draft and couldnt help notice some strange pick's.How about Maroney at 3rd pick 11 and then Derick Anderson with the first pick in the 4th round.Then to my horror Brandon Marshall in the 4th round pick 2,unreal.I can not believe Marshall actually went in the 4th round in any draft.Just a couple others that caught my eye.Roddy White 6 rd pk 9.Santana Moss 7rd pk 8.
Chris Johnson 9th round pick 9 , wow.And Willis Mcgahee in the 2nd round.I know you could go to every leagueand find something but the Marshall and Johnson pick's are hard to believe.
This is just conversation as someone else noticed it. That's all.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:13 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
I was just reading the wcoff message board and somebody braught up if you in a league with lets say not the best drafters.His point was to one day maybe rate the top player's and split people up a little.In one league some of the top teams were very high with 5 teams very low.Then somebody showed their draft and couldnt help notice some strange pick's.How about Maroney at 3rd pick 11 and then Derick Anderson with the first pick in the 4th round.Then to my horror Brandon Marshall in the 4th round pick 2,unreal.I can not believe Marshall actually went in the 4th round in any draft.Just a couple others that caught my eye.Roddy White 6 rd pk 9.Santana Moss 7rd pk 8.
Chris Johnson 9th round pick 9 , wow.And Willis Mcgahee in the 2nd round.I know you could go to every leagueand find something but the Marshall and Johnson pick's are hard to believe.
This is just conversation as someone else noticed it. That's all. There is normally always players that fall in drafts too far Eddie.

When I just read your best picks, getting Warner in the 10th is just ridiculous in a 14 teamer (obviously good for you for getting him! :D )

I took him in the 7th, and was told by Dan Thomas that he wouldn't have made it back to me in the 8th.

I think you gotta keep it random, but there is nothing random about LV4, as that league is just downright brutal. :eek:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:21 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Deal KOQ!

Sorry Waz, big bullseye on your back. BRING IT ON!!! :D

My plan is for Mr. Bill to lose to Hammerheads, and KOQ to beat you (KJ) this week, and that should be enough to do it! ;)

I would love to have a playoff spot wrapped after Week 10, but in this league, that just sounds too easy.

I'm sure I will have to sweat a bit! :eek:

Good luck! :D

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 am

I just remember about a month ago we were discussing Marshall slipping into the 3rd round.Maybe im reading something wrong as i cant believe Marshall could go in the 4th round.I would also bet Chris Johnson at 9 rd pick 9 is the lowest he went anywhere.I know what you mean about guys slipping like Warner in later rounds but not super stars.
Anyway's their discussing this now at wcoff and its really about is their a better way to put people in leagues.
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

da bears

Post by da bears » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 am

This is just conversation as someone else noticed it. That's all. True.. I was in that draft Eddie. I'm pretty sure that the draft was in June or Early July. (I'll check on the date later when I get home to verify) I know it was an early one thats for sure. That was before Maghee got hurt and there were some questions surrounding Marshall at the time.

I did a couple of those early WCOFF drafts and there were alot picks like that in those too.

Its always risky doing any leagues before training camps open...so I'm not surprised that someone is winning the WCOFF online championship from drafting in an earlier league. High risk=high reward...thus the possibility of some teams being very stacked or some being very poor as seen in this league.

[ October 28, 2008, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 am

I thought this was a wcoff main event , im pretty sure.I KNOW HOW early drafts can be crazy but this was a main, a matter of fact i think the team in first overall is in this league.
Bad(ass)Angels

da bears

Post by da bears » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:47 am

I thought this was a wcoff main event , im pretty sure.I KNOW HOW early drafts can be crazy but this was a main, a matter of fact i think the team in first overall is in this league. Nope this is definetly a WCOFF online championship satellite league. I know for sure because I'm in this league and so is Jules who is #1 overall right now.

[ October 28, 2008, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Eddiejag,

I'm in that league also and it was held on August 9th. I drafted 6th and Jules drafted right in front of me and went 5th. In the 3rd round she took Steve Smith and I took Welker and Marshall didn't make it back in the 4th. At that point in time he was out 3 games and I honestly had him below Welker early on in drafts. (I took Marshall 2.8 in the main event before Welker.)

I went wr,wr,wr in roungs 2-4 and Gonzo in the 5th. Jules and I both passed on White in the 6th and he went right behind us. (I wish I had that pick back.

Slaton went to KOQ in the 16th but that was well before he was anything but speck on the radar. But there were several nffc guys in the draft like KJ, Big Mo, and KOQ. There were also a couple of WCOFF guys that had good drafts. The guy had the 12 spot (IMHO) had a poor draft but other than that it wasn't too bad.

I wanted to do a couple of early satellites not only for practice but hoping to hit gold with some late round picks. Jules definitely did that and put together a great team.

Wayne